Journey To The 3.5 Cert - dubyagrip

dubyagrip

The MM4 package arrived today, and I had minimal discomfort when trying a warm up so I went for it.

That's all I can say right now.

• Like 7

I was so hyped up for this.

• Like 10

NICE JOB

• Thanks 1

This thumb/wrist thing really isn't getting any better.  This is actually looking to be more than just a speed bump.  I don't know when I'll get to training grippers again, unfortunately.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, dubyagrip said:

This thumb/wrist thing really isn't getting any better.  This is actually looking to be more than just a speed bump.  I don't know when I'll get to training grippers again, unfortunately.

I'm sorry to hear that.. Hope its a speedy recovery. I sprained a ligament in my thumb at work, very painful and it took forever to heal. Stretching, massaging and compression gloves plus time is what seemed to help it.

Can you still train grip at all or does everything bother it?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I'm sorry to hear that.. Hope its a speedy recovery. I sprained a ligament in my thumb at work, very painful and it took forever to heal. Stretching, massaging and compression gloves plus time is what seemed to help it.

Can you still train grip at all or does everything bother it?

Everything else seems ok, so I'm not too worried about the long term, but I was really enjoying the momentum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Everything else seems ok, so I'm not too worried about the long term, but I was really enjoying the momentum.

At least you can still train other lifts for the time being.. I'm sure you'll get some momentum going on other things. 

This is what I bought and it really helped, mine is actually the older version. I'm sure whatever you  have going on isn't the same but it could be worth a shot.. I'd find areas it hurt and massage my thumbpad and the area on the wrist right below the thumb.

https://www.amazon.com/Rolflex-PRO-Leverage-Foam-Roller/dp/B07H14X98W/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2QFGDYQ3A0OTK&keywords=arm%2Bmassager&qid=1682976312&sprefix=arm%2Bmassager%2Caps%2C258&sr=8-1-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzODEwT1lVUDBaMzBPJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjQyNDk2M1JFR1NURksyR0xTViZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTI2MDQxMjlVUkQ3UkNRTEc4TyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

At least you can still train other lifts for the time being.. I'm sure you'll get some momentum going on other things. 

This is what I bought and it really helped, mine is actually the older version. I'm sure whatever you  have going on isn't the same but it could be worth a shot.. I'd find areas it hurt and massage my thumbpad and the area on the wrist right below the thumb.

https://www.amazon.com/Rolflex-PRO-Leverage-Foam-Roller/dp/B07H14X98W/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2QFGDYQ3A0OTK&keywords=arm%2Bmassager&qid=1682976312&sprefix=arm%2Bmassager%2Caps%2C258&sr=8-1-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzODEwT1lVUDBaMzBPJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjQyNDk2M1JFR1NURksyR0xTViZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTI2MDQxMjlVUkQ3UkNRTEc4TyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Thanks, this looks great. I'm going back go thick bars for now, which will help maintain where I'm at on grippers at least.  I'm hoping this is only a couple weeks to heal up from...

• Like 2

Big thanks to @C8Myotome for giving me some tips on rehabbing my hand.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 7

let's go

• Like 7

WAY TO EASY, SUPPER STRONG

• Thanks 1

This was definitely the most intense training session I can recall.

• Like 6

GREAT TUNGSTEN CLOSE. 

Your pinky is never going to heal. Ever. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cannon said:

Your pinky is never going to heal. Ever. 

It’s no longer an injury. Just a pressure relief valve for deeper closes. 

• Haha 3

I hate it, but I have to slow down on the big grippers. Gonna do some volume work for a little while to let my tendons adjust to these crazy RGCs.

• Like 7

NICE ONE

• 1 month later...

My hands feel great. It was hard to stay disciplined, but it was necessary to allow myself to heal.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 9

17 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

My hands feel great. It was hard to stay disciplined, but it was necessary to allow myself to heal.

Sometimes the discipline of staying away is like a workout in itself.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

it feels good to be back in the territory of monsters.  My hand feels incredible, and I am not far off from closing 200+ RGC grippers.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mm7 died

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 4

wasting no time getting back into heavy CCS attempts so I can knock the 3.5 cert out in October... 177 RGC

I did this after my MM7 attempts.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 1