CONTEST! 137 IronMind #3

Cannon

Wow, that's a light #3.  I have a #2.5 that you rated at 139 from a couple years back.....it's my favorite gripper.

Maybe do a sign up for everybody who is interested and then draw a name out of a hat?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lightest (new) CoC #3 ever... Matt, why did that gripper turn out more light? Spread, mount depth, internal coil diameter, spring diameter... Put a picture, please.

The lightest used CoC #3 that you rated was 130, if I remember correctly? An old CoC, it was not? 

Edited by josé adalton
edit

Definitely not lottery, that should be a last resort. Why not do something like you did a few years ago when we had to predict the score in a NFL-game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Definitely not lottery, that should be a last resort. Why not do something like you did a few years ago when we had to predict the score in a NFL-game?

Thats would exclude the rest of the planet, I think everyone should have a chance to win it, But if someone international does they just pay shipping

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Thats would exclude the rest of the planet, I think everyone should have a chance to win it, But if someone international does they just pay shipping

I agree.

• Like 2

It would be pretty understandable if Matt let the market set the price, but if he is looking to let it go for the usual or a smaller premium than he could normally get, then a random way seems more fair.  And if it's random, sign me up!  Who wouldn't want that gripper?

• Like 2

The spread must be super narrow

Random drawing has my vote

• Like 3

Ideally it would be something that benefits Cannon but also something everyone can do, now I'm not sure what it would be other than maybe following/liking his social media pages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Who wouldn't want that gripper?

The drummer from Def Leppard might have a hard time setting it, but other than that I can't think of too many people.

I agree whatever it is, it has to benefit Cannon in some way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m open to anything. Originally I was just going to bury it at the website so it only can be found by entering the answer to a riddle I would write. I was going to make it HARD. This can be something fun. 

Also my intentions were always to sell it for the regular $30.95. The fun is figuring out who  

Keep the ideas coming. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EmilBB said:

The spread must be super narrow

IMs mounting depth is extremely consistent. The spread is essentially what decides all #3 ratings. 

• Like 2

How about someone buys it for the Gripboard.  And then It can become a "Challenge" gripper of sorts for those looking to cert as MM0?  An entry level "elite" feat for those who aren't big strong men in their 20s (or even big strong men who are beginners in grip).

• Like 2

Back in the day (I know I say that a lot hehe) there was an "easy #3" that got passed around all over the country that was a not very well kept secret.  Lot's of people closed it as their first and maybe only #3.  I can't remember what it rated (or if it even had been rated).  It may have been prior to the introduction of the RGC device.  I think something this rare should become like that - passed around from hand to hand so many can give it a shot.  Heck even I would enjoy closing "a" #3 again - it's been a while. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I’m open to anything. Originally I was just going to bury it at the website so it only can be found by entering the answer to a riddle I would write. I was going to make it HARD. This can be something fun. 

Also my intentions were always to sell it for the regular $30.95. The fun is figuring out who  

Keep the ideas coming. 

I like the idea of a riddle a lot, even though I suck at riddles 😆

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Back in the day (I know I say that a lot hehe) there was an "easy #3" that got passed around all over the country that was a not very well kept secret.  Lot's of people closed it as their first and maybe only #3.  I can't remember what it rated (or if it even had been rated).  It may have been prior to the introduction of the RGC device.  I think something this rare should become like that - passed around from hand to hand so many can give it a shot.  Heck even I would enjoy closing "a" #3 again - it's been a while. 

I hard about this too, and 137# stuck in my head as the rating.  

53 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Keep the ideas coming. 

I like the riddle idea, that's fun.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I would love a stab at TNS on this one -- my best TNS was a 2.5 rated 134, and I just missed a Tetting rated 140, so it is a sweet spot I might have a shot at and would be so cool to be able to say (with a little bit of a mental asterisk) that I TNS closed a 3 lol.

• Haha 2

Sure sounds fun ,

I would like to try it ,it mite be the only # 3 an old guy like me can close 

• Like 4

I'm curious if you are able to measure the spread in the packaging of CoC grippers. Is it from a new batch? they seem to be lighter now.

Like everyone else I would be interested. A riddle with a time limit then maybe a draw from all who work it out.  Just to help us overseas or different time zone gripsters

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Busa said:

I'm curious if you are able to measure the spread in the packaging of CoC grippers. Is it from a new batch? they seem to be lighter now.

Like everyone else I would be interested. A riddle with a time limit then maybe a draw from all who work it out.  Just to help us overseas or different time zone gripsters

Makes sense - bc I notice that usually, whoever sees the low rated 3 first gets it.  So it is just luck of who sees it.  This idea opens it up to luck among all those who WISH to see it, which is cool.

I have to say, making it into a permanent "MM0" isn't really a bad idea either (you could still let people use their own, but this one would be popular because it is on the easy side).

• Like 2

What's the oldest anyone has closed a #3?  I might have a shot at it LOL.  I have a narrow 141# gripper (BB) - I can still close on occasion with my version of a set (not a very good set) hehe!  Age 74.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Busa said:

It's probably out of the package since he already rated it, unless you just mean in general if it's possible to measure them in the package.