Is faster really better?

Guest steiner1014

Guest steiner1014

:) I was wondering if any of you grip masters out there could shed some light on this question.   When I first started to workout with the COC Grippers, I tried to get really psyched up before each set and then with one big burst of power, crush that gripper as fast and hard as I could.   After a few months training this way, I read an article about Joe Kinney who closed the #4 COC Gripper VERY SLOW.   This got me thinking a whole new way.  I now train with 100% focus BUT instead of trying to BLAST it closed, I use a slower, BUT STEADIER squeezing motion on the Gripper.    I have made lots of progress doing it this way.  What do the rest of you think?

Slower is great and safer! Try this: first 4 reps slow controlled positive and negative this is to fatigue the muscle (fresh muscle very strong possibility of injury). Then for all the rest of your reps, positive (close) as fast as possible negative (open) slow as possible keep going until you reach pos failure. If you want you can use your other hand to assist and do some neg reps preferably to neg failure. Try to use a gripper that you can do between 10 and 20 ‘’normal’’ reps with.

This does sound a bit peculiar but its working great for me and obviously I like to share my findings with Yall! :D

Ps- I use this for all my gym work

Guest steiner1014

:0 Thanks Geneticman....I have been training the COC Grippers by doing alot of negative reps....I simply close the #3 with two hands, then try and release it as slow as possible....this works the hands tremendously....I will have to give this a bit more time until I can positively conclude that I am getting stronger....BUT this was indeed the way  I went from the #1 to the #2 gripper.....I will let ya know how it is going soon....Thanks again, Stein.