My Rear Sledgehammer Hold Feat challenge- win $$$$ 1 week only (Start Dec 2nd Ends Dec 9th)

Kluv#0

Just now, Vinnie said:

Nah, skip the paypal, I didn't post for the $10, I posted for the fun of seeing how freaking hard that is.  I mean, I knew it would be a hard challenge because you're the wrist guy, but that is HARD.

I know you didn’t post for $ but I want to do that for the first 10 gripsters. I think it is terrific that gripsters participate and have the confidence regardless of outcome!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

Nah, skip the paypal, I didn't post for the $10, I posted for the fun of seeing how freaking hard that is.  I mean, I knew it would be a hard challenge because you're the wrist guy, but that is HARD.

That was a good lift though. 

Its an incredible feat... My elbows ache watching @Kluv#0 perform it.

• Like 3

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

That was a good lift though. 

Its an incredible feat... My elbows ache watching @Kluv#0 perform it.

No doubt Vinnie is strong ASF! 

• Like 3

Whilst I have the required sledgehammer, plenty of water, and no shortage of shot glasses. . . . .there is no way I'd be able to pull that feat off (even if it was done to the front). 

An impressive feat of wrist strength BTW.  To me, the set down just looks really, really tough!

At my strongest I'd only be half a chance with a 10lb hammer - and I haven't trained with sledges for over a year now.  However, curiosity compels me to dust off the 8lber tonight. . . . .

• Like 1

It looks hard but something to try

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

It looks hard but something to try

Give it a go! I would have Saturday but have no plastic shot glasses. Actually driving to a friends house now for work and I think he has some. So I’m going to steal some.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

I had the Weaver stick to the rear one year at Gripmas - I've been trying to remember where on my computer those results are - I'll post them if I ever find them - but Michael - your strength and control is incredible - I remember everyone shaking like crazy when we did the Weaver Stick here.

• Like 1

2008 Weaver Stick- rear 94 Kilo Class
  Pounds  
Chris Rice 12.85  
Bob Lipinski 12.85  
Scott George 9.65  
Bob Sundin 9.65  
Stew Rosendaul 9.65  
Zach Coulter 8.45  
Tim Karwatske 7.3  

Jedd and John Eaton did 13.5 to win the open class    
Edited by climber511
  • Like 1

Ran home for 5 minutes. Here’s my quick unedited no warm up attempt with 8lbs sledge. I think with a couple months of dedication I could it with the 8.  I can definitely hold it but not level and that’s the whole point.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Ran home for 5 minutes. Here’s my quick unedited no warm up attempt with 8lbs sledge. I think with a couple months of dedication I could it with the 8.  I can definitely hold it but not level and that’s the whole point.

Very nice Joe. No doubt it is all about consistent training in that wrist region. Send me your Paypal via PM - Thanks for participating and showing strong wrist and heart!

58 minutes ago, climber511 said:
2008 Weaver Stick- rear 94 Kilo Class
  Pounds  
Chris Rice 12.85  
Bob Lipinski 12.85  
Scott George 9.65  
Bob Sundin 9.65  
Stew Rosendaul 9.65  
Zach Coulter 8.45  
Tim Karwatske 7.3  

Jedd and John Eaton did 13.5 to win the open class    

Chris, as usual very impressive results!

4 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Very nice Joe. No doubt it is all about consistent training in that wrist region. Send me your Paypal via PM - Thanks for participating and showing strong wrist and heart!

Thank you. I don’t need the money. Donate it to a charity if you want to. The Hello In There Foundation is a great cause.

• Like 1

Ill be taking a crack at it tonight. my sledge 13lbs and 36” but ill confirm. 

Can’t wait. I did it post comp volunteering at home and got all of 5 seconds without water. So it will be interesting to see if I can do it rested and warmed up. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks, Gripmonster Thom! If you want to try the 11 LB that is cool & you still get $10. Just let me know how it went here or via PM. Much respect!

Haha I had absolutely nothing in this lift today! Arms and wrists are too tired from this weekends competition. Will definitely revisit and actually train it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Haha I had absolutely nothing in this lift today! Arms and wrists are too tired from this weekends competition. Will definitely revisit and actually train it. 

Thom, I appreciate you attempting. PM me with your PayPal. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

Here is two other Ulnar deviation craziness with sledges that are in my own top 10 wrist feats. First 5 to pat me on the back gets a prize - JUST KIDDING. Not bragging just proud of that strength that I earned with hours of training. 

• Like 5

@Kluv#0How long have you been training with sledgehammers? Also do you have a program for it?

I have now made a sledgehammer with a 32 inch handle, the head is 13.2lbs and the total weight is 14.5lbs. I don't expect to lift it at the 32 inch mark anytime soon but that is of course the goal now. Just don't know how to train for it.

Edited by EmilBB
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Congratulations Ego GIF

incredible!

Joe that diagram is actually better than my above wrist feats! That made me laugh very large, well-done brother!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

@Kluv#0How long have you been training with sledgehammers? Also do you have a program for it?

I have now made a sledgehammer with a 32 inch handle, the head is 13.2lbs and the total weight is 14.5lbs. I don't expect to lift it at the 32 inch mark anytime soon but that is of course the goal now. Just don't know how to train for it.

I have used sledges since early 2017. I do have several programs which I keep detailed account and grade each session. I will do my basic wrist routine (all angles and various devices) on Saturday and send it to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more day of challenge.  Old man T went out and tried the feat this A.M. - I don't train hard on my ulnar since May of this year due to slight finger injury but still pleased with effort after not trying since 2020.  Hold starts midway thru video 2:24. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

One more day of challenge.  Old man T went out and tried the feat this A.M. - I don't train hard on my ulnar since May of this year due to slight finger injury but still pleased with effort after not trying since 2020.  Hold starts midway thru video 2:24. 

THE MAN THE MYTH THE LEGEND!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

THE MAN THE MYTH THE LEGEND!

Thank You Big Man!  I have always maintained sledgehammers favor NOBODY! You earn everything as you know. 

• Like 1