My Rear Sledgehammer Hold Feat challenge- win $$$$ 1 week only (Start Dec 2nd Ends Dec 9th)

Kluv#0

Here is the challenge- 1. MUST have a 12 LB STAMPED sledgehammer (shown on video and weighed) 2. Minimum 32" sledge handle NOT including head (measured on video) 3. Put approx 90% full shot glass of water on sledge head. 4. Grab at very END (no Pete Rose choking up) Video must clearly show this- of sledgehammer and lift entire sledge level for as long as possible and set down without shot glass falling off and spilling everywhere. Current Gripboard members only as of DEC. 1st- no exceptions.

Prizes- First 10 who try, regardless of outcome, with proper video get $10 each. First 2 who can go over my 19.2 seconds will get $ 5 bucks for each second that beats my time.

Here is my wrist feat that I did in 2020 and feel it was my best wrist feat ever. Tomorrow Iam retiring and wanted to see if anyone can do this wrist feat- I have shown many but nobody has duplicated.

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 11

Even if you can't lift the 12LB STAMPED sledge w/ shot glass of water, if you have proper video and first 10 people to try you get $10- not much but easy.

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 3

It's 1:35 AM here in Denmark but I'm thinking about getting out of bed to try it, not even sure I have a 12lbs hammer though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

It's 1:35 AM here in Denmark but I'm thinking about getting out of bed to try it, not even sure I have a 12lbs hammer though.

🤣I'm so glad i'm not the only one who thinks about sledgehammers in the middle of the night.. 

That being said, i'm not ever getting out of bed to lift a sledgehammer unless theres a playboy model at the other end of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

🤣I'm so glad i'm not the only one who thinks about sledgehammers in the middle of the night.. 

That being said, i'm not ever getting out of bed to lift a sledgehammer unless theres a playboy model at the other end of it.

Hahahaha, I also talked myself out of it.😂

Definitely gonna find or make a 12lb hammer tomorrow, though I doubt I can do much with it. I've never trained with hammers but I'm always up for a challenge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EmilBB said:

Hahahaha, I also talked myself out of it.😂

Definitely gonna find or make a 12lb hammer tomorrow, though I doubt I can do much with it. I've never trained with hammers but I'm always up for a challenge.

Good luck! 12lbs are hard to come by. I have one on probably a 12inch handle my welder friend gave me.  He was in his late 60s still swinging that thing until he retired...  I can't bring myself to re-handle it but I must for grip purposes.

• Like 2

Challenge is 12 LB Stamped sledge with a legit handle length of 32” minimum. Shot glass of water and you are all ready to go. Adding weights to smaller sledge is not close to same feat 👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Good luck! 12lbs are hard to come by. I have one on probably a 12inch handle my welder friend gave me.  He was in his late 60s still swinging that thing until he retired...  I can't bring myself to re-handle it but I must for grip purposes.

I have a few old heavy hammer heads without handles, one of them could be 12lbs. 

That friend of yours must have quite some forearms, swinging 12lbs around.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Challenge is 12 LB Stamped sledge with a legit handle length of 32” minimum. Shot glass of water and you are all ready to go. Adding weights to smaller sledge is not close to same feat 👍

I'm just planning on trying with a 6lbs sledge for curiosity factor and fun if I have time in the morning. Not to be a part of the challenge.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Gonna try to see if I have 12lbs hammer, just to able to appreciate your feat at the very least. I'm 99% sure I can't even get it off the floor.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I have a few old heavy hammer heads without handles, one of them could be 12lbs. 

That friend of yours must have quite some forearms, swinging 12lbs around.

Good luck, I don't want to de-rail this thread anymore but yes massive forearms he was probably the strongest man i've ever worked with and i didn't meet him until he was 60. I've got his 300lbs anvil he used to move around himself. He told me I was one of the stronger people he worked with which was a massive compliment. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I'm just planning on trying with a 6lbs sledge for curiosity factor and fun if I have time in the morning. Not to be a part of the challenge.  

No doubt Joe! You and EmilBB will still get a Hamilton from me.

1 minute ago, EmilBB said:

Gonna try to see if I have 12lbs hammer, just to able to appreciate your feat at the very least. I'm 99% sure I can't even get it off the floor.

I think that is great!

• Like 2

Found an old hammer with a total weight of 13.8lbs but the handle is only 20 inches. I could fit a 32 inch handle on it instead but there's no point since I wouldn't be able to lift it then. With a 20 inch handle I could only hold it for 10 seconds on my left and 14 seconds on my right. Hadn't tried this lift before today, so I didn't know just how impressive your lift was @Kluv#0 but I sure know now. Incredible wrist strength you have, something I'll try to improve upon now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JasonD said:

Out of my league, Michael! That was super impressive, wow!!

Jason, your grip/wrist strength is superior to 99.9% of humans me included. However, I do appreciate your kind words- very proud of that ability and the unique way of demonstrating it. 

• Like 3

Beyond crazy lift. Only have a 11lbs Hammer so unfortunately I cant test it fully!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Beyond crazy lift. Only have a 11lbs Hammer so unfortunately I cant test it fully!

Thanks, Gripmonster Thom! If you want to try the 11 LB that is cool & you still get $10. Just let me know how it went here or via PM. Much respect!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, Kluv#0 said:

I think my limit for rear sledge is a 10 lb hammer with nothing extra on it, but in any event, I don't own a 12 so I can't try this.  I have a 6, and 8, and a 10.  I will go see what I can do with my 10 just because now I am curious.

• Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 1:22 PM, Kluv#0 said:

Here is the challenge- 1. MUST have a 12 LB STAMPED sledgehammer (shown on video and weighed) 2. Minimum 32" sledge handle NOT including head (measured on video) 3. Put approx 90% full shot glass of water on sledge head. 4. Grab at very END (no Pete Rose choking up) Video must clearly show this- of sledgehammer and lift entire sledge level for as long as possible and set down without shot glass falling off and spilling everywhere. Current Gripboard members only as of DEC. 1st- no exceptions.

Prizes- First 10 who try, regardless of outcome, with proper video get $10 each. First 2 who can go over my 19.2 seconds will get $ 5 bucks for each second that beats my time.

Here is my wrist feat that I did in 2020 and feel it was my best wrist feat ever. Tomorrow Iam retiring and wanted to see if anyone can do this wrist feat- I have shown many but nobody has duplicated.

Dominating wrist strength shown in that video!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With 10 pounds, I am pretty sure could work up to lifting it without spilling and putting it back down, although I couldn't do it at all on first try and I doubt I'd hit 19 seconds.  I definitely need to work on form and balance.  12 pounds?  Ha!  That's elite, man.  For any length of time.  Kudos to you for that record!

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Dominating wrist strength shown in that video!

Thanks Beast!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

With 10 pounds, I am pretty sure could work up to lifting it without spilling and putting it back down, although I couldn't do it at all on first try and I doubt I'd hit 19 seconds.  I definitely need to work on form and balance.  12 pounds?  Ha!  That's elite, man.  For any length of time.  Kudos to you for that record!

Excellent Vinnie! Big props and forearms, too. PM me your PayPal 🙏👍

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Excellent Vinnie! Big props and forearms, too. PM me your PayPal 🙏👍

Nah, skip the paypal, I didn't post for the $10, I posted for the fun of seeing how freaking hard that is.  I mean, I knew it would be a hard challenge because you're the wrist guy, but that is HARD.

• Like 2