Squats

Strong Man

I deicided to keep a log of my squats, The last amount of weight I posted that i was squating was around 225lbs, well I'm now at 340lbs

Squats start monday I'm going for 340lbs again, till then. :rock:rock

I tyhink I already asked but I totally forgot.

Do you perform a powerlifting type squat or a more high-bar Olympic style squat?

I am interested to hear what supporting lifts and techniques you employed to get from 225 to 340. That's a nice jump. Do you credit it mostly to hard work, neuro-muscular adaptation, genetics, etc?

Are you a squataholic?

-Jedd-

out of all those I'd have to say i'm a squataholic, I do Olympic style squats, i credit it all to hard work.

How long did it take you to get from 225lbs. to 340 lbs.??

umhhh... a couple of months, can do two full reps with 330lbs

Strongman have you grown at all in the last several months as well? Alot of people hit their huge growth spurt when they are 15/16yrs and that may account for some of the large squat gains in a short amount of time.

-Matt

manvil-

I was 140 pounds at that age and not extremely strong.

I hit my growth spurt in college-went from 165 to 200 in 1 year. I added over 100 pounds on my squat and deadlift and 50 on my bench. The only supplement I used was college caf. food! :D

It is different for eveyone I guess-

Rick Walker :rock

Strongman have you grown at all in the last several months as well? Alot of people hit their huge growth spurt when they are 15/16yrs and that may account for some of the large squat gains in a short amount of time.

-Matt

i guess, last nights squat routine.

200lbsx15

275x1

320x5

330x1

200x20

then did some farmers walk wuth some dumbells, and finished with some skipping.

Rick...i experienced a similar growth spurt my freshman year of college also. Went home for summer break and my friends and even a few relatives barely recognized me (started shaving my head too which i have been doing ever since). I also did it solely on college food in particular LOTS and LOTS of whole milk (near a gallon a day, developed a milk intolerance because i drank so much but boy did I gain!! :) )

not to take any glory away from strongman but it seemed like the most logical reason for him to gain 110 lbs on his squat in only a few months.

-Matt

well, i do drink a lot of milk