My gym at work

John Knowlton

My gym at work

John's Hardcore gym is moving to a new location. After 20 years the powers to be want me to move my gym. The powers are my employer. I've been pretty lucky they've let me kept my equipment here and work out before and after work. So I really can't complain. But my workouts will be a little different between now and when I find the new spot. I still have my home gym.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 9

Thats an AWESOME setup.  But it sucks you have to move. Your work must really like you though if they let you keep all that set up in there for all these years.

You'll find another spot though.

• Like 1

YEP. 

So I heard that there's a committee that comes around and inspects Work spaces for unauthorized equipment. Somehow they found out about my gym. At least I got a heads up and I can move it. I'm gonna wait a little while and then put it all back ,the heck with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

just a update , I have until 11/30 to have my equipment out 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

just a update , I have until 11/30 to have my equipment out 

Thats tough, it will be great when you can put it back in there. I'm sure you have a lot of good memories in there.

• Like 1

Yep , lots of fun . Over the last 20 years some people got some good PRs. Some rehab, even workout some problems .

just a good place to hangout before and after work

• Like 1

First day of moving. About halfway done. Tomorrow’s another day ,I’ll finish up. Next week they’ll come and inspect see that there’s nothing here to see. And then it all comes back.

image.jpg

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 2

Moving day done gym all moved out

image.jpg

3 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Moving day done gym all moved out

image.jpg

That makes me sad. I need to move my gym from my parents attic to our work garage below my apartment. .. But i'm dreading it. I've spent about 9-11 years up there, I don't remember exactly... But 3-4 days a week. I hardly have missed many days unless planned.  So many memories, hot summers, freezing winters. 

Its like an end of an era.. But also a new beginning. Also, I have to be careful of dropping weights in the attic... My dad framed our house well but I could do some damage to the ceiling below.. I sent a kettlebell through a wall once in a bedroom. Not bad, thats the worst damage after all these years of working out. So i really need to move it out. 

• Like 1

The walls are 5/8 fiberboard the ceiling is some type of ground up paper and sprayed on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

The walls are 5/8 fiberboard the ceiling is some type of ground up paper and sprayed on

Must help with the sound, being that you work in a shop.  Looks like a nice place to work based of the pictures.

Yep it is a great place to work.

working for this company 38 years now this is the best shop I have worked in.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Who said I can’t have a gym at work
It ain’t what it used to be, but it’s something better than nothing for now

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4