Win $50 - 1st person to guess the name on front of the Keypinch T-Shirt

Kluv#0

On 11/12/2022 at 2:03 PM, Kluv#0 said:

Dec 3rd will be final time under pressure.

That’s a great story! What does this mean exactly, “final time under pressure”?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cannon said:

That’s a great story! What does this mean exactly, “final time under pressure”?

Dec. 3rd will be the final time I Keypinch for a WR in a contest. I have always been nervous prior to contest and do feel the pressure of trying to attain the standard I set out for myself. I don't always reach my numbers, but the pressure is very present.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Dec. 3rd will be the final time I Keypinch for a WR in a contest. I have always been nervous prior to contest and do feel the pressure of trying to attain the standard I set out for myself. I don't always reach my numbers, but the pressure is very present.

If you weren’t nervous it would mean your doing something wrong.  I know your gonna do great. No question about it.

• Thanks 1

GET THAT WR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Does WR mean world record or wrist record?😝

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

My overall 2HKP won't be within reach for me on such short notice but I will certainly eclipse 93KG WR by a large amount- I want a certain number hope to get it. Fun to train one more time and be joined my by son- Killer keypincher himself and has a 270LB DO axle at BWT 168 and age 16!

52 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Does WR mean world record or wrist record?😝

Hope to get one of those, too:) 

• Like 2

Thanks again to your guys for support- I will not forget! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

has a 270LB DO axle at BWT 168 and age 16

Wow!

My son is also 16, but weighs in the 130s and aims to get half of anything I get (except on grippers, he has no prayer for half on that lol).  Unless you are doing 540 on axle, I am guessing your son is beating half your numbers lol.

That's awesome that he's into it.  My son just humors me, and will do grip only if there is something in it for him, like attending a comp with me in order to get out of giving me a gift for Father's Day or similar connivance.

• Like 6

Just now, Vinnie said:

attending a comp with me in order to get out of giving me a gift for Father's Day

Which, actually, is a much greater gift than anything he would be buying me, so I encourage his connivances.  Even he had a good time when we did Jedd's comp in June.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Wow!

My son is also 16, but weighs in the 130s and aims to get half of anything I get (except on grippers, he has no prayer for half on that lol).  Unless you are doing 540 on axle, I am guessing your son is beating half your numbers lol.

That's awesome that he's into it.  My son just humors me, and will do grip only if there is something in it for him, like attending a comp with me in order to get out of giving me a gift for Father's Day or similar connivance.

Yes, my son doing half of my lifts! He has always loved grippers and now he is into axle. Here was his first ever attempt (2 weeks ago) Thumbless on the IM axle. 

Thumbless IM Axle Hold 220 LB - AMT first try Thumbless - YouTube

24 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Which, actually, is a much greater gift than anything he would be buying me, so I encourage his connivances.  Even he had a good time when we did Jedd's comp in June.

What a great gift Vinnie! That was awesome and so freakin cool that your son got after it at Jedd's comp! Jedd is the GOAT and to share the platform with him and especially you will be special decades from now. Tell him Keypinch monster says big thumbs up!

• Like 4

that is the greatest gift, 

I can relate. It is super awesome when my two boys get together and say hey pops let's get a workout in ,it's one of the best moments.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

that is the greatest gift, 

I can relate. It is super awesome when my two boys get together and say hey pops let's get a workout in ,it's one of the best moments.

No doubt John! Nothing better than hitting the weights and enjoying that unique time.

• Like 2

Thats awesome you guys do that with your sons. 

I really try to encourage fitness and learning an instrument on my nephews.  Build the body and the mind.  But hopefully I'll have a little jr. of my own some day.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thats awesome you guys do that with your sons. 

I really try to encourage fitness and learning an instrument on my nephews.  Build the body and the mind.  But hopefully I'll have a little jr. of my own some day.

Since you mention playing an instrument, I have to say that I agree.  My ex and I told my son that he could try and quit any sport, hobby, or insrtument, but he had to play piano half hour a day six days a week until age18.  And as a result of that philosophy, my son's hands, while not as gifted with the crush as some, have their own gifts: 

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

half hour a day six days a week until age18

He's 16 now, but we don't have to force or bribe him like when he was 8.  He would never quit.  It gets him too many chicks ...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

He's 16 now, but we don't have to force or bribe him like when he was 8.  He would never quit.  It gets him too many chicks ...

That’s awesome. He’s very talented. I’ve always loved the piano and would love to learn. But my style would be more in line with Jerry Lee Lewis minus marrying my cousin….Not elegant like your son.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

That was incredible talent displayed by your son! Love that he is rocking the Chuck Taylors, too! Great job not only by your son but to you and family.

• Like 2

That's amazing, very talented son you have. You must be proud.

• Like 2