Woman lifts the Inch Dumbbell

Paul Savage

Becca lifted the Inch. Full youtube video (also on instagram rebeccarobertsstrongwoman)

• Like 16

This is incredible! 

• Like 2

Shes very strong overall too.  That was cool to see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Shes very strong overall too.  That was cool to see.

Yeah were peaking to try defend her worlds strongest woman title and for the giants live world nations so she's at her strongest right now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gripmaniac said:

Wow - that is a super impressive display of strength

Thanks for sharing this Paul

No worries brother

• Like 1

Amazing stuff Paul! That looked easy! 

• Like 1

Super strong!

19 hours ago, Kashtan said:

New age of woman grip strength is a begin.

Good. While there are clearly physical differences between men and women... Any healthy woman wants to lift the inch, can achieve it. My sister gets me mad, complains about being out of shape and claims pushups are "physically impossible" and if she did them she "doesn't want to look like a bodybuilder"...  If that was that easy to look like a bodybuilder, i'd look like Ronnie Coleman with as long as i've been training.

I hope to see more woman and smaller people in general lift the inch. There are no excuses, its totally possible  if you want to work for it...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Good. While there are clearly physical differences between men and women... Any healthy woman wants to lift the inch, can achieve it. My sister gets me mad, complains about being out of shape and claims pushups are "physically impossible" and if she did them she "doesn't want to look like a bodybuilder"...  If that was that easy to look like a bodybuilder, i'd look like Ronnie Coleman with as long as i've been training.

I hope to see more woman and smaller people in general lift the inch. There are no excuses, its totally possible  if you want to work for it...

Women don't even get jacked lol.

Women with elite powerlifting numbers aren't even jacked the only thing that happens is that they get healthier and start looking even better.

Women need special vitamins in order to look jacked.

Also pushups alone don't even get a male jacked let alone a female.

Tell her to get on a good novice program like Starting Strength.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 7:00 AM, Blacksmith513 said:

Good. While there are clearly physical differences between men and women... Any healthy woman wants to lift the inch, can achieve it. 

Say WHAT?🥺

• Like 2

Anything is possible with hard work 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Say WHAT?🥺

What do you mean? If there is one thing I’ve learned from Slims dvd or reading about Might Atom… If you want it, it’s yours…. Just have to work towards it.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:33 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

What do you mean? If there is one thing I’ve learned from Slims dvd or reading about Might Atom… If you want it, it’s yours…. Just have to work towards it.

There is something to be said for discipline & sheer work ethic, good nutrition etc...but there on flip side there is a reality of genetics that can prevent even those with the best ambitions & effort from achieving world class lifts. That said, you can still do way more than most if you work...but not everyone will lift Inch or dunk a basketball or throw a 104 mph fastball

As saying goes...You can't make a great chicken salad out of chicken X#$!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vinny F said:

There is something to be said for discipline & sheer work ethic, good nutrition etc...but there on flip side there is a reality of genetics that can prevent even those with the best ambitions & effort from achieving world class lifts. That said, you can still do way more than most if you work...but not everyone will lift Inch or dunk a basketball or throw a 104 mph fastball

As saying goes...You can't make a great chicken salad out of chicken X#$!

You are right about that... Really I realize a small framed short woman or guy for that matter would not be able to lift the inch...  But its still not a good enough excuse..Like you said, if you work hard you can do way more than most. 

When I said that I was thinking more about woman who are into lifting heavy stuff to begin with and most of them aren't dainty to begin with. 

• Like 1

Question: Have any other women lifted an Inch to that level?

if not, how about up to the thickness of a 1950s London telephone book (something that was apparently part of the Challenge way back when)?

i am not sure that Becca is getting the recognition she deserves is why I ask.

13 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Question: Have any other women lifted an Inch to that level?

if not, how about up to the thickness of a 1950s London telephone book (something that was apparently part of the Challenge way back when)?

i am not sure that Becca is getting the recognition she deserves is why I ask.

NO - Like not even close. The scale of this is like if a man showed up to a double over axle challenge and lifted 700- this inch lift Becca achieved is so far beyond the next best lift a woman has done so far there is no comparison. 

• Like 5

Thanks Adam. I understand that Paul's original post had "13 likes", but I could not figure out how it was almost taken with a "ho hum" reaction by some posters, which caused me to post the comment of "Say WHAT?" a few days ago. It truly is mind-boggling, probably more impressive than a guy "cleaning the Inch". But hey, what do I know, I am just an aging accountant. I appreciate your weighing in on the subject. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Thanks Adam. I understand that Paul's original post had "13 likes", but I could not figure out how it was almost taken with a "ho hum" reaction by some posters, which caused me to post the comment of "Say WHAT?" a few days ago. It truly is mind-boggling, probably more impressive than a guy "cleaning the Inch". But hey, what do I know, I am just an aging accountant. I appreciate your weighing in on the subject. 

@Hubgeezer First of all, you know a lot.

It's very impressive. I'm assuming you are referring to me as "some posters" I wasn't taking anything away from her.  And please refer to me as Joe.

On 11/6/2022 at 11:54 PM, Hubgeezer said:

Say WHAT?🥺

Lol I was waiting for this. Reality check is good. I am sure Blacksmith513 didn't mean to take away anything from her amazing accomplishment, but I think he doesn't understand how hard that lift is to even healthy men. Not anything you will focus on you will achieve. Reality is way different than practicality. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Lol I was waiting for this. Reality check is good. I am sure Blacksmith513 didn't mean to take away anything from her amazing accomplishment, but I think he doesn't understand how hard that lift is to even healthy men. Not anything you will focus on you will achieve. Reality is way different than practicality. 

I have an inch dumbbell  and I’m training for it under Jedd Johnson. 

*Edit

Things can be taken the wrong way when read on a computer. Clearly I should I’ve thought a little bit more before I said that any healthy woman could lift the inch.

But who am I or anyone here to tell someone they at least train towards it? 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 11:05 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

I have an inch dumbbell  and I’m training for it under Jedd Johnson. 

*Edit

Things can be taken the wrong way when read on a computer. Clearly I should I’ve thought a little bit more before I said that any healthy woman could lift the inch.

But who am I or anyone here to tell someone they at least train towards it? 

I totally agree with the bold.

• Like 1