2022 Napalm Nightmare World Championship

Jedd Johnson

8 hours ago, ClassyName said:

"Virtually" clueless - you're too kind. I was totally clueless. ("THAT'S why people use chalk!") Invaluable experience. Had I not gone, I would have continued to train improperly.

Key takeaway: Just because it *feels* like your training your grip - it doesn't mean you are.

More important takeaway: Listen to Jedd.

Wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything. Can't wait for the next!

I’ve learned and gained so much in the almost 4 months with Jedd as my coach.. and really we are just getting started.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Only if you want to get extremely strong in the body AND the hands, training both at the same time.

nah who wants that ;)

Could I accomplish the same the 1H Nightmare as well?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BottledCitrus said:

nah who wants that ;)

I don't feel totally qualified to answer this.... 

It just depends on your goals.

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I don't feel totally qualified to answer this.... 

It just depends on your goals.

Well. My left hand’s a turd. Im thinking of strengthen  it while maintaining the gains I already have on right. I can go either way honestly. Whatever works. I dont know any better. 

On 11/10/2022 at 7:58 PM, BottledCitrus said:

nah who wants that ;)

I don't understand your question.

2 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I don't understand your question.

Could I just buy the 1H version and develop strength just fine or would it be prudent to have both and dance between them 

There will be ZERO stimulus for full body strength training one handed.  Much better chance for it with 2 handed training.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

There will be ZERO stimulus for full body strength training one handed.  Much better chance for it with 2 handed training.

Gotcha, so it sounds like the most logical option here is to pluck the NN with a few different size handles and call it good. 

On 11/15/2022 at 4:02 PM, BottledCitrus said:

Gotcha, so it sounds like the most logical option here is to pluck the NN with a few different size handles and call it good. 

I would recommend the following handles, especially: 2" and 2&3/8.  Anything smaller or larger I don't feel is necessary.

For pinch, at least 1 of the following 3x4 and 2x5.  Both are being contested in the World Championships.  The 3x4 size is the most commonly contested Saxon Bar. 2x5 is the second most contested.  I would NOT recommend the 2x4.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I would recommend the following handles, especially: 2" and 2&3/8.  Anything smaller or larger I don't feel is necessary.

For pinch, at least 1 of the following 3x4 and 2x5.  Both are being contested in the World Championships.  The 3x4 size is the most commonly contested Saxon Bar. 2x5 is the second most contested.  I would NOT recommend the 2x4.

Appreciate it brotherrr

On 11/17/2022 at 5:34 PM, BottledCitrus said:

Appreciate it brotherrr

You got it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 7:47 PM, stranger said:

My highest number might only be some of your guys warm ups

There are definitely some events where I am honored to still be in it when the big guns start their warm-ups ...

• Like 1

Who is gonna be at Jedd's Saturday?  Tim Butler and I are still planning on coming if it is still on.  Just haven't seen much chatter over here, wanted to confirm its a go before we make the 4-hour drive!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I'll be there

10am start brother.  NOT NOON!  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Who is gonna be at Jedd's Saturday?  Tim Butler and I are still planning on coming if it is still on.  Just haven't seen much chatter over here, wanted to confirm its a go before we make the 4-hour drive!

Chaz is coming, Evan, and Benny Boy said he is coming too.  Clint is out due to injury. Luke is a maybe, depending on work load and his 69 other hobbies.

• Like 2

I have emailed the Excel Spreadsheet for the Athlete Data and Lifting Stats to all promoters and athletes that I knew were competing on their own.  If anyone needs one, please get a hold of me through my email - jedd.diesel@gmail.com

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

10am start brother.  NOT NOON!  Lol

Haha don't worry I'll get it right this time. Also bringing a unique object for you to lift, well attempt anyways

• Like 1

I'll be up there @Vinnie. Gonna bring my BLOB50, some cards and maybe one of my Inches. I have a 115lb and a 143lb. If anyone wants to try one let me know before 3pm tomorrow. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stranger said:

I'll be up there @Vinnie. Gonna bring my BLOB50, some cards and maybe one of my Inches. I have a 115lb and a 143lb. If anyone wants to try one let me know before 3pm tomorrow. 

Next time I’m coming and  I’ll bring the High Life’s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, stranger said:

I would love to try a 143 Inch since I can't do the real one (yet!).  I've done Tim's baby Inch, maybe in the 140s.  But I bet Jedd has something in that range at his gym so it may not be worth you taking the trouble to bring yours.

• Like 1

Bring the 143, I believe the lighter one at Jedds is something like 127, but it is shot loadable so don't know for sure what it currently is. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Bring the 143, I believe the lighter one at Jedds is something like 127, but it is shot loadable so don't know for sure what it currently is. 

Mike is correct.  It's like 125, shot loadable.

Chaz, I would probably take an attempt at Snatching the 143.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Ohhhhh brother!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Right in front of law enforcement?  lol

Well, if the 143 is there, I am going to make it my business to lift it as if it were the Inch lol.  I think it is around my PR on a circus bell and I haven't been training, so it should be a good challenge.

Snatch.  Damn.  Beast.

• Like 1