"Strongman" Stanless Steel movie

Blacksmith513

WTF, I feel like im watching a steel benders version of "Tiger King". This guy seems to have some crazy talent...  Whats his back story?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

WTF, I feel like im watching a steel benders version of "Tiger King". This guy seems to have some crazy talent...  Whats his back story?

Stanley the greatest of the great, strongest of the truly strong. Just a different level us mortals will never glimpse. The things he did just unbelievable. I had a number of calls with Stanley in 2008 and he was doing pretty well when we spoke so I feel pretty solid on what he had to say- Stanley was just different. He would lift outside everyday of the year in New Jersey winters. Stanley told me he was doing his reverse bb curls with 225 that year. He Bent horseshoes no one else has ever moved 1mm. He could just suffer - 700 lb finger lifts a part of his usual quarterly schedule. His nail driving was absolutely savage. Coin bending- Stanley is the first man to honestly bend U.S. currency with his hands without a mechanical aid. Anyone who met him will tell you- Stanless Steel was the strongest human I ever personally met 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Stanley the greatest of the great, strongest of the truly strong. Just a different level us mortals will never glimpse. The things he did just unbelievable. I had a number of calls with Stanley in 2008 and he was doing pretty well when we spoke so I feel pretty solid on what he had to say- Stanley was just different. He would lift outside everyday of the year in New Jersey winters. Stanley told me he was doing his reverse bb curls with 225 that year. He Bent horseshoes no one else has ever moved 1mm. He could just suffer - 700 lb finger lifts a part of his usual quarterly schedule. His nail driving was absolutely savage. Coin bending- Stanley is the first man to honestly bend U.S. currency with his hands without a mechanical aid. Anyone who met him will tell you- Stanless Steel was the strongest human I ever personally met 

Thanks for the info. It's strange I never heard of him until the night before last.  Yes you are right, he's is the strongest of the strong.  I fell asleep before the movie ended last night but i'll finish it over the weekend. The one finger lift was crazy.  Not to mention he is/was a scrap metal guy.. That is bull work right there..

One of the saddest things about the Gripboard was that the old “Goerner’s” section of the Gripboard was so abused by posters that Bill dropped the   portion of the forum called “Goerner’s”, as too many forum rules were being broken. Stan’s story, as well as much other good stuff (and a whole lot of crap as well), was forever gone.

There was an amazing thread in there about the movie and Stan. It went on for years; 2009 to about 2014.

That being said, no post on the Gripboard ever made me happier than Adam’s post above. I consider Stan a close friend. I think it has been almost a year since I have spoken to him. I will call him this weekend and read Adam’s post to him.

Adam, thank you for the post. It was one of the most respectful things I have ever seen written about Stan, and I appreciate it.

And coming from you, someone universally respected on this forum, it is something especially appreciated. Thanks again.

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

One of the saddest things about the Gripboard was that the old “Goerner’s” section of the Gripboard was so abused by posters that Bill dropped the   portion of the forum called “Goerner’s”, as too many forum rules were being broken. Stan’s story, as well as much other good stuff (and a whole lot of crap as well), was forever gone.

There was an amazing thread in there about the movie and Stan. It went on for years; 2009 to about 2014.

That being said, no post on the Gripboard ever made me happier than Adam’s post above. I consider Stan a close friend. I think it has been almost a year since I have spoken to him. I will call him this weekend and read Adam’s post to him.

Adam, thank you for the post. It was one of the most respectful things I have ever seen written about Stan, and I appreciate it.

And coming from you, someone universally respected on this forum, it is something especially appreciated. Thanks again.

I agree, that was a real sincere post... And considering who it came from, its REALLY saying something.

Tell Stan he's got a new fan.  I don't know much about him, I hope he's still performing feats. 

edit after re-reading my first post, it may come off as being disrespectful. I wasn't trying to be. But the family dynamics sort of caught me off guard. 

Edited by Blacksmith513

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

edit after re-reading my first post, it may come off as being disrespectful. I wasn't trying to be. But the family dynamics sort of caught me off guard. 

Stan and Barbara are still a couple. Barbara’s sister Linda and Stan get along very well (I have personally witnessed that).

Stan’s brother Mike died a few years back, his lifestyle and addictions finally catching up with him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Stan and Barbara are still a couple. Barbara’s sister Linda and Stan get along very well (I have personally witnessed that).

Stan’s brother Mike died a few years back, his lifestyle and addictions finally catching up with him.

Addiction is a terrible thing for the people addicting and the loved ones around them.  Needle and the damage done…  I’m glad he and Barbara are still together. I only made it about 30 minutes in before I passed out. But I’m excited to finish it.

Like I said, im probably on this site 30 minutes a day every day plus I’m always reading about  grip and bending….I can’t believe I never heard of him before. 

he is a master of channeling all his energy and strength.