Captains of Crush #3.5 within 3 months

AdriaanRobert96

20 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Thanks for the feedback and info, I am not very aware about all the RGC and ratings so it’s very interesting to read.

Maybe I thought that 3 months is “long term” 😂 Maybe I overestimated myself indeed.

Only time will tell✊🏼

Check out the following link to learn more about RGC ratings. There are 3's out there that are heavier than 3.5's, and so forth. It's not always the case that the same model gripper has the same resistance as another. So you could have been closing a really easy, average, or a really heavy 3, etc https://cannonpowerworks.com/pages/grip-strength-ratings-data

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In my opinion i would not worry about closing anything and make sure your set up and set are flawless! Thats how you make serious gripper gains

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Stephen Anderson said:

In my opinion i would not worry about closing anything and make sure your set up and set are flawless! Thats how you make serious gripper gains

I’ll make sure to keep that in mind, I take any advice I can get🙏🏼

• Like 1

13 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

Check out the following link to learn more about RGC ratings. There are 3's out there that are heavier than 3.5's, and so forth. It's not always the case that the same model gripper has the same resistance as another. So you could have been closing a really easy, average, or a really heavy 3, etc https://cannonpowerworks.com/pages/grip-strength-ratings-data

Hm, very interesting!

Thanks a lot, I will definitely look into it✊🏼

• Like 1

13 hours ago, slazbob said:

Yes, I’ve seen 165rgc 3.5’s on cannon’s site. Grippers vary a lot. You can get a 139 no.3 or 160rgc and they are definitely different grippers. Good luck, I like your confidence…it’s better than doubting yourself!

Very much appreciated😄

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 11:21 AM, Fist of Fury said:

Depends on genetics. I have seen people making huge gains on grippers in a very short period of time. Faster than in anything else. And I don't think you can compare it to powerlifting in that sense.

But I completely agree that one inch gap is a very hard gap to close on a hard gripper like a #3.5. And you're definitely not close to closing the gripper at that point.

We will see in three months if he is genetically gifted or not.

Yeah but that's almost always down to technique or they first tried them the day after a heavy back workout or something along those lines, not actual strength gains. Yeah if you have some of the best genetics on the planet but almost nobody goes from a 3 ccs to a 3.5 ccs ever, never mind in 2-3 months.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Yeah but that's almost always down to technique or they first tried them the day after a heavy back workout or something along those lines, not actual strength gains. Yeah if you have some of the best genetics on the planet but almost nobody goes from a 3 ccs to a 3.5 ccs ever, never mind in 2-3 months.

Didn't even realize we were talking about CCS. Yes obviously harder with a wide set but still all about genetics, if you have a large hand etc then wider set will not be as big of a factor.

We don't know about his backround either, he might have the muscle for it already or he might not. We don't know.

Also, since this is about CCS I would really like to see a video. It's actually required according to GB rules.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 10:26 AM, Vinnie said:

I'm a smaller guy (with not that big hands), and it took me about a year to close a 3 MMS and about 4 years to get the CCS cert.  But right about when I could first CCS an average 3, I also got my first MMS close of an easy 3.5 -- and I never closed a hard one, but I am pretty sure that I can get any 3.5 to closer than an inch just about any day (I can usually silver bullet with a 4 for a couple seconds, and with a 3.5 for a long hold).  So it seems odd to me that you can CCS a 3 and not already come much closer to MMS on a 3.5.  But I guess everyone is different, and maybe you need to work more on setting better, which is something that helped me progress when I thought I had stalled.  Your progress is fast, for sure.  Good luck, and I hope to see you make your goal.

I don't set properly so I wasn't getting higher mms than ccs at the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Savage said:

Oh ok I see, so it might be a miss understanding since I meant just close it with a normal set. 

Not CCS it within 3 months😅

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Didn't even realize we were talking about CCS. Yes obviously harder with a wide set but still all about genetics, if you have a large hand etc then wider set will not be as big of a factor.

We don't know about his backround either, he might have the muscle for it already or he might not. We don't know.

Also, since this is about CCS I would really like to see a video. It's actually required according to GB rules.

I think it’s miss understood since I mentioned that closed the 3 with CCS within 1 month.. 

What I meant was that I think I’ll close the 3.5 within 3 months with normal set not with CCS.

I’d be out of my mind if I thought I’d CCS it within 3 months😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

I think it’s miss understood since I mentioned that closed the 3 with CCS within 1 month.. 

What I meant was that I think I’ll close the 3.5 within 3 months with normal set not with CCS.

I’d be out of my mind if I thought I’d CCS it within 3 months😂

In that case you already have what it takes to close the #3.5. You just need to specialize on MMS and you will get it fairly quickly.

Difference between CCS and MMS is usually in the range of 15-40 lbs (depending on the individual and how you train).

So just specialize on it and train the setting and you will be there quickly. In three months? Who knows, but you shouldn't focus on the time it takes, just focus on getting it done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

In that case you already have what it takes to close the #3.5. You just need to specialize on MMS and you will get it fairly quickly.

Difference between CCS and MMS is usually in the range of 15-40 lbs (depending on the individual and how you train).

So just specialize on it and train the setting and you will be there quickly. In three months? Who knows, but you shouldn't focus on the time it takes, just focus on getting it done.

I appreciate the encouragement and every but of knowledge I can get from someone who obviously knows a lot more than me.

Thanks a lot, only time will tell😄

14 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Oh ok I see, so it might be a miss understanding since I meant just close it with a normal set. 

Not CCS it within 3 months😅

Yeah thought you was meaning with ccs also, probably because you said you was an inch away. If you can ccs #3 then 2-3 months to deep set a 3.5 could be reasonable, though it is hard to say as it does greatly depend on the individual in terms of strength in the set and top end close strength vs open hand strength, plus the actual grippers you have since they vary so much. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Yeah thought you was meaning with ccs also, probably because you said you was an inch away. If you can ccs #3 then 2-3 months to deep set a 3.5 could be reasonable, though it is hard to say as it does greatly depend on the individual in terms of strength in the set and top end close strength vs open hand strength, plus the actual grippers you have since they vary so much. 

Oh ok well my it’s my bad for not being clear on it 😅

Also touching on the deep set, I never deep set a gripper since I am a “form” obsessed individual and I sure might loose something on that.

I always set the grippers as wide as I possibly can, very close to CCS width since I feel like I am cheating myself with deep sets.

My struggle was always in the beginning of a grippers width when doing wide sets.

55 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Oh ok well my it’s my bad for not being clear on it 😅

Also touching on the deep set, I never deep set a gripper since I am a “form” obsessed individual and I sure might loose something on that.

I always set the grippers as wide as I possibly can, very close to CCS width since I feel like I am cheating myself with deep sets.

My struggle was always in the beginning of a grippers width when doing wide sets.

You 100% don't need to train deep set to ccs a #3.5 or even a #4. These days I train almost exclusively tns, I will use credit card if I'm working with the #4 but that's about it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

You 100% don't need to train deep set to ccs a #3.5 or even a #4. These days I train almost exclusively tns, I will use credit card if I'm working with the #4 but that's about it.

Paul what are you up to with grippers these days? Is it typical in your week to week?

45 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Paul what are you up to with grippers these days? Is it typical in your week to week?

Possibly, i don't really keep a record, I'm much more focused on coaching Becca as worlds is in 6 week. I'll maybe do a video showing my regular workout soon. I can tns the gods of grip elite 7 which is about a 3.5 an getting decently close on 4 ccs again. I do it to coin stacks when I test it, am down to two 2p coins now.

• Like 4

Small update for you guys, I promised to show you a no set and a ccs set of the Coc #3 so here it is all in the same workout.

Took me about 5 weeks✊🏼

• Like 1

This is what day 2 of my weekly grip training looks like, it might help you get ”godly” grip strength aswell..

But I who wants that on this page I guess..?🙄😂

• Like 1