Kettlebell Training

stephen aish

i have been training with kettlebells for over a year and almost ever day for the last 4 months. earlier this year i set myself a 16kg snatch challenge using 5 reps left and 5 reps right every minute (the rest of the minute being my rest period) and was hoping for 500 reps or 600 reps if i could last for a full hour.

today i put myself to the test.

i dont know how i did it-and i still dont believe that i did it, but after 201 minutes of hard training i decided to call it a day at 2003 reps :blink as it would represent the year i achieved this goal-it was tough and there were times when i wanted to give up, but knew that quitting was never an option. i only stopped after 2000 as my body was slowly shutting down from general fatigue and slight dehydration. i used gloves as without them i would not have got much past 300 from blisters.

my resting heart rate is 38-40 bpm and 3 hours after the challenge it is still 70 bpm!

the good thing is-since working my grip very hard on a regular basis, it was easily good for another 1000 reps any day :cool

the total workload was 32 tonnes or over 75,000 lb of weight shifted

taking a very long rest!

stephen

• 2 weeks later...

no i rarely go there-i am a member at www.intensefitness.co.uk a great site for kettlebell enthusiasts with lots of good knowledgeable people, routines and very good advice.

do you use kettlebells at all? i have just ordered a 45kg to play with :D

thanks

stephen