Inch Dumbbell and 50# Blob

Bill Piche

Inch Dumbbell and 50# Blob  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Inch Dumbbell and 50# Blob

• pass
    • fail

This poll is closed to new votes

1. Inch must be scaled on video and weigh at least 170-lbs. In the case of stamped DB's only the weight stamp needs to be shown.

2. Chalk ONLY may be used. No other grip aids.
3. The Inch must be lifted as level as possible with only minor deviations from level, and must be level at the top of the lift.

4. Lifter must reach a point where the knees, hips and off-hand shoulder lock out in alignment with one another.

• Like 6

Filming yourself is very hard when you have to weigh the equipment afterwards. Had a bit of a Blair Witch touch 👀

Great attempt! 

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Filming yourself is very hard when you have to weigh the equipment afterwards. Had a bit if a Blair Witch touch 👀

Great attempt! 

Haha yeah, I was like darn I need to weigh the inch for it to be valid. But after I remebered that it has 78kg stamped so would have been enough to show that xd

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Filming yourself is very hard when you have to weigh the equipment afterwards. Had a bit if a Blair Witch touch 👀

Great attempt! 

could be the Blair Blob Project!

I'd call it a pass.  He was in control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I know for a fact that it’s a real full sized 78kg Thomas inch and a half next gen 100 lbs blob. But I actually voted fail due to poor video recording. The video looked like it could’ve been spliced and the weighing was not done in a matter that doesn’t lend itself to the possibility of cheating. Like I said, I know the equipment is legit, because it’s my inch that I lent him just a few days ago and I saw the blob aswell. But IMO the video revording has to be of a certain standard to pass. And I didn’t think this was good enough. Sorry Thom.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I know for a fact that it’s a real full sized 78kg Thomas inch and a half next gen 100 lbs blob. But I actually voted fail due to poor video recording. The video looked like it could’ve been spliced and the weighing was not done in a matter that doesn’t lend itself to the possibility of cheating. Like I said, I know the equipment is legit, because it’s my inch that I lent him just a few days ago and I saw the blob aswell. But IMO the video revording has to be of a certain standard to pass. And I didn’t think this was good enough. Sorry Thom.

Fair points! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Fair points! 

Yes they are. I stand by my pass but he's right... 

I know you are very capable of doing it again if you feel like you should.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

Yes they are. I stand by my pass but he's right... 

I know you are very capable of doing it again if you feel like you should.

Imo it's an okay lift, but ofcourse I could have in some part maybe cut the video and replaced a easier inch with a harder one. But I could have done that 100% invisible in any video if I really cared :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

A friend would let someone borrow their Inch Dumbbell.

A good friend would vote 'No' on their post due to crap filming.

A great friend would film it for them to ensure a pass. 

Which one do you wanna be @David_wigren ? Huh?!

• Like 3

I've seen a few threads before where the criteria of what counts as a good lift is not that relevant to the feat that is being performed. I think this is another example.

Just how far do the weights need to travel under control for it to be classed as a farmer walk?

"minor deviations from level" Just how level can anyone hold an inch when moving?

As for the camera angle could have been better. For me the weights did not move after placement while the camera was moved to confirm at the weigh in. Its just more a question of how far and what is classed as a controlled farmers walk that I'm unsure of. 

Did you perform a feat with the weights stated YES. So pass from me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Busa said:

I've seen a few threads before where the criteria of what counts as a good lift is not that relevant to the feat that is being performed. I think this is another example.

Just how far do the weights need to travel under control for it to be classed as a farmer walk?

"minor deviations from level" Just how level can anyone hold an inch when moving?

As for the camera angle could have been better. For me the weights did not move after placement while the camera was moved to confirm at the weigh in. Its just more a question of how far and what is classed as a controlled farmers walk that I'm unsure of. 

Did you perform a feat with the weights stated YES. So pass from me.

The feat is technically for just a double lift, the walk is just for style points 😃

19 hours ago, Lennix said:

Haha yeah, I was like darn I need to weigh the inch for it to be valid. But after I remebered that it has 78kg stamped so would have been enough to show that xd

I've been filming my lifts for my YouTube channel for 2.5 years and been keeping a record of my progress since 2011. 

If it helps, get yourself a small tripod. They're very cheap and will come in handy in many situations. My girlfriend films most of my attempts but when it comes to some of the grip stuff a small tripod can help a lot. 

I also have a larger (taller) tripod which was also very cheap. I'm talking about 20$ and I've used that in the gym for squats etc but at home for gripper closes as well. 

If you learn to set them somewhat diagonally as if you were a cameraman shooting a short sprint, it would be all visible. Just remember when you pick up your camera/phone that we can't see what you're seeing. 

Think of it as a live video call where you're trying to show us every step of the way. So make sure that camera is pointed towards the object you're filming and not the ground etc as you're walking. 

Hope this helps!! 💪

I voted pass by the way 🤝

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

could be the Blair Blob Project!

I'd call it a pass.  He was in control.

I'm having difficulty saying that very fast haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I've been filming my lifts for my YouTube channel for 2.5 years and been keeping a record of my progress since 2011. 

If it helps, get yourself a small tripod. They're very cheap and will come in handy in many situations. My girlfriend films most of my attempts but when it comes to some of the grip stuff a small tripod can help a lot. 

I also have a larger (taller) tripod which was also very cheap. I'm talking about 20$ and I've used that in the gym for squats etc but at home for gripper closes as well. 

If you learn to set them somewhat diagonally as if you were a cameraman shooting a short sprint, it would be all visible. Just remember when you pick up your camera/phone that we can't see what you're seeing. 

Think of it as a live video call where you're trying to show us every step of the way. So make sure that camera is pointed towards the object you're filming and not the ground etc as you're walking. 

Hope this helps!! 💪

I voted pass by the way 🤝

Thanks for the tips 💪the hard part is lifting up the Inch and hold it on the scale and filming at the same time without it being the blob inch project 😂 next time I'll have my wife help me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lennix said:

Thanks for the tips 💪the hard part is lifting up the Inch and hold it on the scale and filming at the same time without it being the blob inch project 😂 next time I'll have my wife help me! 

That sounds like a new feat!

• Haha 2