Double Blog Lift  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Double Blog Lift

• pass
    • fail

This poll is closed to new votes

1. Must lift to full deadlift position.

2. Only chalk allowed.

3. The lift must be followed down under reasonable control.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

Lol, @Lennix I did not recognise you! nice beard 😁

Haha what, I've been rocking a bear for 1.5year. But thanks!

• Like 1

Nice one ,good lift

• Thanks 1

I don't know the difference between the different kinds of blobs, so I have no idea what criteria you have to meet to have the thing you are lifting be called a "blob" for this feat, and I just based my vote on the lift itself.  I won't actually say what my vote is, since others reading this may still not have voted.

Which reminds me of a joke:  Three logicians walk into a bar.  The bartender says, "Would you all like a beer?"  The first logician answers, "I don't know."  The second logician says, "I don't know."  So the third logician says, "Well then I guess that settles it, we all want a beer!"

@Tom Flesher

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I don't know the difference between the different kinds of blobs, so I have no idea what criteria you have to meet to have the thing you are lifting be called a "blob" for this feat, and I just based my vote on the lift itself.  I won't actually say what my vote is, since others reading this may still not have voted.

Which reminds me of a joke:  Three logicians walk into a bar.  The bartender says, "Would you all like a beer?"  The first logician answers, "I don't know."  The second logician says, "I don't know."  So the third logician says, "Well then I guess that settles it, we all want a beer!"

@Tom Flesher

It says in the video title what type of blobs it is and it's visable in the video. That's the only thing that matters. It should be what it says and nothing else.

Only one of them says "Blob50," the other says "100."  Like I said, I don't really know what a "Blob50" is.  I have no reason to doubt that the things lifted are what he says they are.  I just don't have the knowledge to judge that.  So I assumed they are both Blob50s and just voted on whether the lift itself was good.

• Like 1

Just now, Vinnie said:

Only one of them says "Blob50," the other says "100."  Like I said, I don't really know what a "Blob50" is.  I have no reason to doubt that the things lifted are what he says they are.  I just don't have the knowledge to judge that.  So I assumed they are both Blob50s and just voted on whether the lift itself was good.

And I say this because I have seen various different sizes and shapes of half dumbbells that people have called "blobs," and then I have heard that there is a thing called THE "Blob," and "hex blobs" and "Fatman Blobs," and then there are discussions about what they actually weigh, and some people write the weights on them and want to know the actual weight and not just the number written on it, and some have the number engraved and some don't (because they are the other half of a dumbbell and have a brand name instead," etc. etc. -- so all of that is a bit confusing to me.  So I was not questioning whether what this guy lifted is a Blob50.  I was just saying I don't know enough to judge that.  No other implication intended.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

And I say this because I have seen various different sizes and shapes of half dumbbells that people have called "blobs," and then I have heard that there is a thing called THE "Blob," and "hex blobs" and "Fatman Blobs," and then there are discussions about what they actually weigh, and some people write the weights on them and want to know the actual weight and not just the number written on it, and some have the number engraved and some don't (because they are the other half of a dumbbell and have a brand name instead," etc. etc. -- so all of that is a bit confusing to me.  So I was not questioning whether what this guy lifted is a Blob50.  I was just saying I don't know enough to judge that.  No other implication intended.

The original blobs come from York 100 dumbbells were you cut the handle off, the blob with the 100 is from a York dumbbell the next generation (fatman blob was original and was bigger) the blob50 was produced by the cast of a York 100 blob :) I think I got this correct :D I'm no expert since I actually could have gotten the more rare fatman when I picked this next gen up. :(

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lennix said:

The original blobs come from York 100 dumbbells were you cut the handle off, the blob with the 100 is from a York dumbbell the next generation (fatman blob was original and was bigger) the blob50 was produced by the cast of a York 100 blob :) I think I got this correct :D I'm no expert since I actually could have gotten the more rare fatman when I picked this next gen up. :(

Right, all this is confusing to me since I generally don't lift blobs (although I assume I should).  I have seen people lift half hundreds like they are nothing, and then go to another half hundred and not be able to lift it, and it has something to do with which one it is.  I just don't know all the distinctions.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Right, all this is confusing to me since I generally don't lift blobs (although I assume I should).  I have seen people lift half hundreds like they are nothing, and then go to another half hundred and not be able to lift it, and it has something to do with which one it is.  I just don't know all the distinctions.

Yeah weight and ofcourse the texture, my blob100 stil has most of the paint on it while some people grind the paint off to get better grip etc and some are very seasoned etc. 

• Like 2

The Blob50 is mine. It was produced by GordonV on the Gripboard in 2007-2009. I was present during the lift but did not see the actual lift itself. Me and Bruce1337 was in the background cutting some steel for steel bending while Thom was playing with my blob and inch (no sexual pun intended).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

The Blob50 is mine. It was produced by GordonV on the Gripboard in 2007-2009. I was present during the lift but did not see the actual lift itself. Me and Bruce1337 was in the background cutting some steel for steel bending while Thom was playing with my blob and inch (no sexual pun intended).

I cba to disturb you guys 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

As I said, it says it clearly ini the title. Nothing is wrong here. And I'm not saying that you are saying that either. I'm just making it clear how it is.

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

As I said, it says it clearly ini the title. Nothing is wrong here. And I'm not saying that you are saying that either. I'm just making it clear how it is.

No, that's the confusion going on between our comments.  The title says Blob 50 and NextGen.  It DOESN'T say "Blob50 and 100."  Maybe most people know when they see the 100 that it is a "NextGen," but I didn't.  And now I do, since Lennix explained it.

Lift is good. I guess the new "Alert" system is working well!  Probably the fastest vote ever. 

• Like 7