• White nail?
    • Green nail?
    • Yellow nail?
    • Cut down yellow?
    • Blue Nail?
    • Cut down Blue?
    • Red nail?

My best bend is a blue nail.

I have not tried to bend a cut down blue yet...

5.75 inch blue in competition.

I have bent a 5 inch CRS rod in training. Haven't gone any further down in size.

-Napalm Jedd-

Haven't tried an actual blue, but I've been 1/4" HRS cut to 5" and 1/4" CRS cut to 5.5"

I've done a yellow (but that's not impressive here)... I should get back into bending again to see what I can really do. :mellow

Did a white once. Couldn't get the yellow.

i was the same Matt until I started levering the sledge and just bending all the time. My crush has dropped though. I'm sure your stronger than me bro. Its all in your mind. One week I couldn't bend the yellow next I was smoking blues.

Get you a box of those Timber ties. And start cutting them down. 30 lbs cost me $32.00 best investment I have made besides the KTA Program. Thats the Gods honest truth!!! Bender give me the best advice. Bend 40 6" TT's then 40 5 3/4" TT's then 40 5 1/2" TT's then 40 5" TT's. Then I should be close to bending a easy 60! I bent a 4 1/2" TT this week at work! Kinking a 60 pretty god but not crushing one down yet. But hopefully it won't be long.

Big Steve and Dave M. have helped me alot with my bending. Thanks guys!!

Never would have ever even reached the blue level without you guys knowledge, advice!! Thats what makes this place the greatest board there is. Thanks Bill, Steve, Eric, Dave, Eric M. Terry D. Tommy H.

All you newbies this is the place to be if you want to develope gripstrength and hand strength. You have the best in the world at your hands here.

And I have never had but the best treatment here and help and advice from all members.

My hats off to all gripboard members!!! :bow Grip guys are the best in the world!!!!

Bill you deseve alot of credit and praise for all your great work here bro!

I have made this my homepage. Last thing I look at before bed and first thing I look at when I wake. And first thing I look at when I get home from work!!

Bill you and your members here make this one asesome board!!!!!

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Sorry for the long post guys!!!!

I just love this place!!

I do the sledge every other day. Rotations like Brookfields ironmind tip. All the postions in bender site. Then do block weights, lifting up to 37 1/2 york blob which is all I have. Then a few negs. overcrushes. strap holds. Plate wrist curls, reverse plate wrist curls. Thumb work. Then other days strictly gripper program. Work my way up grippers that I have. More overcrushes negs. strapholds. I bent something almost everyday!Depending on how easy the timberties are. Tonight i did KTA program 2 timber ties and 10 40 d's . Tomorrow will be the sledge day, Weaver Stick, blocks again. Then a little grippers.

Nothing compared to what alot of guys here do and can do for sure. :bow

I just take what guys like you Austin, matt Big Steve, Dave, Tommy, Pat, Heath , Dawg, Eric, Eric M. Wade, Jedd, Smitty, Johanathan, Rick, James S, Pexter, Brookfield :bow

Tom Black, Tom Page, Animal Cage, Clay, Snott, John Wood, 3 Crusher, Terry Duty, Rob V and god knows alot of others here and use there knowledge and accomplishments to motivate me. I have learned so much here from all you guys!!

I wouldn't have bent the green nail without the board here and hearing about everyones accomplishments.

I'm no where near any of these guys accomplishments. But I love the training and the work ethic thats needed to try and reach these many goals that so many here have reached.

To all the grip board members that set goals and aim to reach them I salute you!!

:bow:bow:bow Whether we reach them or not its the the effort and desire and motivation, dedication that inspires me. Just the giving all you got!!!

No matter what level you are at!!!!!

Thanks Gripboard!!!!!!!!!

Bballlad awesome post! Truth is I get pumped up reading about a guy spending a year on the #2 gripper and finally getting it as I do a guy closing the 4. Its all relative and like you said giving it all you got!! Congrats on your recent accomplishments and thanks for the kind words. God Bless-Austin Slater

Big Steve and Dave M. have helped me alot with my bending. Thanks guys!!

Never would have ever even reached the blue level without you guys knowledge, advice!! Thats what makes this place the greatest board there is. Thanks Bill, Steve, Eric, Dave, Eric M. Terry D. Tommy H.

All you newbies this is the place to be if you want to develope gripstrength and hand strength. You have the best in the world at your hands here.

And I have never had but the best treatment here and help and advice from all members.

My hats off to all gripboard members!!! :bow Grip guys are the best in the world!!!!

Bill you deseve alot of credit and praise for all your great work here bro!

I have made this my homepage. Last thing I look at before bed and first thing I look at when I wake. And first thing I look at when I get home from work!!

Bill you and your members here make this one asesome board!!!!!

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Sorry for the long post guys!!!!

I just love this place!!

I agree, it was a real pleasure reading what I know to be a heartfelt post. And thanks for mentioning all of the guys who have helped you. I agree with Austin about it all being relative. A guy training hard for a year to close a #1 is as deserving of congratulations as anyone else. :rock

My best to date is a 5" blue bent in competition.

Rick Walker :rock

Rick I thought that in your comp. your blue was bent with the ends 2.25 inches apart still. Is that a complete bend, I'm very new to bending, is that the required distance for a complete bend? thanks Jeff

Rick I thought that in your comp. your blue was bent with the ends 2.25 inches apart still. Is that a complete bend, I'm very new to bending, is that the required distance for a complete bend? thanks Jeff

The rules adopted by the Gripboard require no more than a 2" spread.

I've noticed those bends of short nails are usually much more difficult on the crush down phase, than are the longer nails.

The required distance at my contest was 2". Mine was bent to 2". Send me your email and I will shoot you a pic. of it.

We never measured them at the contest-you could clearly see the other 5" blues were crushed further than mine. It is right here on my desk (my best bend!) and I just measured it-2" exactly.

Rick Walker :rock

Rick- I don't want a picture of your nail. I didn't know what constituted a legal bend. Apparently I've been overbending, I got my 5.25 down to 1/2 inch spread. In your contest write up you said you got it to 2.25 inches, this added to the confusion.

7th place Rick Walker with a 5 inch blue-tips 2.25 inches apart.

Good luck with the bending jeff.

Whats a timber tie? and where can you get them?

Got mine at Lowes Hardware. Timber ties used to attach landscape timbers to one another. Made in China Grip Rite Fas'ners. Think they are around 170-180 to bend. Check out Terry Dutys website and Benders website for more info on TimberTies.

I get them at Home Depot. They come in a big plastic tub and say 60d spiral timber tie on the side on a green label.

John

I 2 have Bent RED nails on my gym/garage wall,2 normal length "U" Shaped,

1 Red "U" Shaped with 1" cut off of it and 1 Red Completely unbent,but i aint saying who they are off :tongue

I also keep my own best bending scalps to look back on and also encourage myself to try harder :blush

My best bends to date are are:-

M8x150mms High Tensile carraige bolt with 1/2" cut off it,according to the bolt company here in the UK were i get them,the equivalent of a grade 5 bolt,the same tensile strength.

5"x5/16ths brass

Big Steves 80d,s(skinny spikes)with 1 1/2" cut off them

Some 60d,s with an 1" cut off them

Something else with 1/2" cut off it,but i cannot say what till i have it on video.

Dont no how these compare to the blue as i have never seen or tried one.

I bought Timber ties with 7 twists at Home Depot that test out about 190# - I have some I bought at Lowes with 14 twists that test at about 230#. I think it's Strongmans site that lists a 12 twist also but I don't remember what they tested. So like everything else, Timber ties vary a lot.