Fully sanctioned for TOP 50 lists.

Fee: $10

Events: 4 attempts each

1. 20 mm grippers 

2. Two Hand Pinch (Euro)

3. 2.5" Crusher

4. Lever Top

5. Sledge Choke

*Ancillary Event: Flintstones Pinch for cumulative time over 3 attempts (Two 91 lb discs)

Weight Class (Circle One): 66kg, 74kg, 83kg, 93 kg, 105 kg, 120 kg, 120+kg, Open Women

9:30-11:00 Weigh-ins/Warm-ups/ certification attempts 

Prizes to top feats in each event.  

As usual, we will dabble in other strength related events.  

Edited by jasonotto
Add weights
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, jasonotto said:

The Charlotte Pick-Up Artists present the:

4th Annual Armhighland Gripstrongwrestling Powergames

October 1, 2022 @ 11:00am

Used Gym Store

2116 Highland Ave NE, Hickory, NC 28601

Fully sanctioned for TOP 50 lists.

Fee: $10

Events: 4 attempts each

1. 20 mm grippers 

2. Two Hand Pinch (Euro)

3. 2.5" Crusher

4. Lever Top

5. Sledge Choke

*Ancillary Event: Flintstones Pinch for cumulative time over 3 attempts (Two 91 lb discs)

Weight Class (Circle One): 66kg, 74kg, 83kg, 93 kg, 105 kg, 120 kg, 120+kg, Open Women

9:30-11:00 Weigh-ins/Warm-ups/ certification attempts 

Prizes to top feats in each event.  

As usual, we will dabble in other strength related events.  

I hope I can make it there to represent the New York Yankers against the Charlotte Pick-Up Artists.  11 hours drive ... hmmm...  I did it for the Last Gripmas in Ohio ...

• Like 1

Dude, that would be amazing!

• Like 2

Sounds like fun

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Alvaro Rocha for the amazing artwork!

Screenshot_20220803-185147_Chrome.jpg

• Like 6

Way cool artwork

• Like 3

Awesome artwork!

That 65lb weight for height sounds intriguing!

• Like 1

Thanks.  We try to incorporate different strengths related events for people to try out if they are interested (anvil, stones, weight throw, armwrestling).  They aren't part of the actual comp, but fun things to try out.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I booked a refundable room at the Sleep Inn about two miles from the comp.  I still am not sure I can make it, but there's a good enough chance that I want to hold a room.  Flights are looking not too bad from NY to Charlotte, too.  Just need to figure out a few more details with my plans at work and home.

• Like 2

I've got to get my strength up so I can come compete and show you guys how its done!... Of course i'm talking about coming in last place!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tim Butler and I are IN, rooms booked, road trip on the calendar.  I am driving from Long Island and picking Tim up in NJ on the way.  Anthony C. will likely join us.  So there should be three New York Yankers representing.

Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Looking forward to meeting you. 

I mean, who wouldn't want to meet someone else with same name from same place at a grip contest?

I'm a NY transplant too.. Born & raised in Brooklyn and lived in Nassau County until job relocation in 2013.  My dad lives in Franklin Square, sister in Wantagh & in-laws in Massapequa.  Actually coming up the week before the contest for sisters wedding.

Don't take I-95.  Much more scenic and cheaper taking PA Tpke to I-81 through VA mountains to I-77 into NC.

Edited by Vinny F
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinny F said:

I mean, who wouldn't want to meet someone else with same name from same place at a grip contest?

I'm a NY transplant too.. Born & raised in Brooklyn and lived in Nassau County until job relocation in 2013.  My dad lives in Franklin Square, sister in Wantagh & in-laws in Massapequa.  Actually coming up the week before the contest for sisters wedding.

Don't take I-95.  Much more scenic and cheaper taking PA Tpke to I-81 through VA mountains to I-77 into NC.

Born and raised in Suffolk County (Smithtown), lived in Brooklyn, Bronx, and Floral Park for 25 years while engaged and married, then moved back to Suffolk when divorced 4 years ago and moved in with girlfriend in Ronkonkoma this year.  But I still work in Manhattan so I am in the city a lot.

Thanks for the route tip.  Will do the scenic route if the other guys are game and we are not pressed to make time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinny F said:

Yes, same.  I guess you will be Vinny and I will be Vinnie.  So no one gets confused lol.

• Haha 1

Anthony C is in also, so we have three NYers.  And sorry to disappoint James, who asked me about Nate, but Nate can't make it -- it is his wife's Bday that weekend.

• Like 1