last night was 15 minutes of very light rowing

today

calistenics

14lbs sledge 3x3

16"

17"

18"

bending

Warm up with wrist developer a few sets of 1-3 reps up to level 3.

60d spiral 5" right hand reverse. very easy but i didn'trecord by mistame

60d 5.5" sorta hard left

60d 5.5" left easier

iso w/g5both hands 5 second hits x2

60d spiral 6" right hand and snap in 3 minutes

Horseshoe bender one spring 3rd position 2x6

vulcan gripper thumbscrews 3 #84 rubber bands.. just started today one set of 7 one set of 5. easy but i want to ease into this

will edit later to clean up a little. 

• Like 7

Nothing really to edit. But I also did some light sledge swinging and 15 minutes of stretching after work. 

I'm excited for the beginners bag from FBBC.  I cut down my 60ds and spirals but it didn't seem to make anything harder other than snapping the 5" 60d spiral. 

And I did an easy 20 minutes on rowing machine this morning. My energy has been low all week and not sure why. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

Feel a lot better today.

calistenics

Loadable Dumbell 3x2

RGT 

70x3 both hands

75x1 left hand right hand half rep

Negatives 3x3 75lbs and 80lbs

then 75lbsx1 left and right

Thumbless RGT holds

55x10 seconds 57.5x9 60x9 right hand

57.5x10 60x10 62.5x7 left

Napalm nightmare

140x3

145x3

140x3

142.5x3

142.x3

Chest Krusher 3 springs 10 reps 8 reps 5 reps. Moved the springs to bottom one by one each set... Makes it harder.

Some thumb stuff on vulcan and thumbscrewsand couple sets with Wrist developer

one arm hangs 2x3 seconds and 40 seconds deadhang

cool down.

• Like 8

yesterday was 5000m on Concept 2 and stretching

today

calistenics

3x3 two hand inch negatives

3x10 seconds each hand inch thigh holds

3x2 RGT 70lbs x 1 , 72.5lbs x 2

ring dips and horseshoe bender circuit

Chest Krusher couple high rep sets

Vulcan with thumbscrews with 4 rubber band a few sets (didnt count)... Will be great when I can put the orange spring on for thumb work. I think it will aid in lifting the inch. 

cool down

Signed up for a 6 week BJJ trial. Grip and bending is my main priority but i've been talking about doing BJJ for so long i'd maybe have a blue belt now. No time like the present. While I have Jedd as my grip coach, any issues I run into early on he should be able to help.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Signed up for a 6 week BJJ trial. Grip and bending is my main priority but i've been talking about doing BJJ for so long i'd maybe have a blue belt now. No time like the present. While I have Jedd as my grip coach, any issues I run into early on he should be able to help.

Every martial art practice is good, and BJJ particularly is one of the best Jocko Willink recommends. I have yellow belt in Kyokushin, and back to a Dojo after 10 year of absence (kids, wife, family, work, those are my excuses). Now, I'm moving to a different unit, and don't know if I find time to practice it, but at least once a week I would want to go. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikhael said:

Every martial art practice is good, and BJJ particularly is one of the best Jocko Willink recommends. I have yellow belt in Kyokushin, and back to a Dojo after 10 year of absence (kids, wife, family, work, those are my excuses). Now, I'm moving to a different unit, and don't know if I find time to practice it, but at least once a week I would want to go. 

Kyokushin is pretty awesome. Can't find a place near me that teaches it.  But there must me.

I actually decided to hold off on BJJ for awhile. I don't like being wishy washy but after talking to Jedd, and he didn't say not too he just mentioned hand injuries.. Also, I need my body for work..

Then everything would be on hold.  But i'll start it down the road once I get to another level with grip.

Edited by Blacksmith513

quick 2000 meters on Concept 2

Just found out my sisters dog died.  Not the biggest animal lover but I loved that thing. Feel terrible for her and my nephews. 

im gonna miss the little guy so much.

• Like 3

Forearms and elbows have been achy but in a good way. Wasn't sure about this workout, ended up being a good one.

calisthenics 

I don't know if i ever said what i do, but I warm up with hindu squats, hindu pushups and bridges... Working on hand stand pushups... ring pull ups which i suck at and ring dips and rows... 

Warm up with WD and some orange spring two reps  1-1 ,1-2, 2-1 and then a few with rubber bands on..Warm ups I go by feel so don't really track

Chest Krusher two springs a low rep couple sets.. I'm finding its great to warm up my upper body for bending

1 lever with 6lbs hammer

3x3 with 14lbs 19inch 20inch 21inch

Bending

60d Spiral right hand reverse 

60d left hand reverse

3 sets of iso with G5 5 second holds (this one hurts)

60d Spiral  reverse left hand and snapped braced on thigh

60d reverse left hand and snapped braced on thigh 

cool down

• Like 4

On 8/23/2022 at 12:56 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

yesterday was 5000m on Concept 2 and stretching

today

calistenics

3x3 two hand inch negatives

3x10 seconds each hand inch thigh holds

3x2 RGT 70lbs x 1 , 72.5lbs x 2

ring dips and horseshoe bender circuit

Chest Krusher couple high rep sets

Vulcan with thumbscrews with 4 rubber band a few sets (didnt count)... Will be great when I can put the orange spring on for thumb work. I think it will aid in lifting the inch. 

cool down

Good luck with the BJJ. Your grip and wrist strength should serve you really well, and I bet you'll quickly get a reputation as someone whose grips are really tough to break. 

I tend to think three forearm exercises most applicable would be be anything with fingertips towel grip, anything with very thick grips (2.5in+), and something for a very open hand, such as sandbag carries or plate curls.

But you are probably strong in those areas already. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gripperer said:

Good luck with the BJJ. Your grip and wrist strength should serve you really well, and I bet you'll quickly get a reputation as someone whose grips are really tough to break. 

I tend to think three forearm exercises most applicable would be be anything with fingertips towel grip, anything with very thick grips (2.5in+), and something for a very open hand, such as sandbag carries or plate curls.

But you are probably strong in those areas already. 

Thank you. I decided to not do BJJ yet. I told Jedd and he said go for it but expressed his concerns for hand injuries. He’s right and I’ve got a great thing going right now. 

Might look into some form of Karate, more striking less grappling.  But I will do BJJ in the future.

I’m real serious about my grip goals, nothing can get in my way. I’ll never forget in “Pumping Iron” Arnold talking about his dad dying and still training like nothing happened. His girl was mad at him. I’m not that extreme but I get what he was saying.

That’s why you’ll never see me in a Terminator movie.

• Like 4

Did not row yesterday.. Mad at myself but I hardly miss days and its ok to miss days until I miss one and get mad.

Today

calisthenics

Chest Krusher warm up to 4 springs on top, not bottom. 3x2  its easier with springs on top, as I get stronger i move one by one to bottom.  

Its weird sometimes my grip just doesn't want to do the next rep, even if it doesn't feel tired. 

Loadable Dumbbell Level Lifts 3x2
Left
65 x 2 
70 x 2 
70 x 2 (

Right
65 x 2 (65x2
70 x 2 (70x2
70 x 2 (65x2

RGT Deadlifts 5x3  
Left
70 x 3 
70 x 3 
72.5x 2 1N 
72.5 x 3  
72.5x 2 1N 

Right
70 x 3 
70 x 3 
72.5 x 2 1N 
72.5 x 3  
72.5x 2 1N 

Left
60 x 8 ct 
60 x 10 ct  
60 x  10 ct
Right
60 x 8 ct 
60 x 10 ct 
60 x 6 ct

NN2&3/8 TRIPLES 3x3
140 x 3
142.5 x 3
145 x 3
147.5 x 3
147.5x 3

2x10 sledge rotations

cool down

• Like 7

Just took me 15 minutes to row 2300m. And i had to take ibuprofen to feel like getting on.

My old mans got the CHI-NAH virus again and think I might too.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Just took me 15 minutes to row 2300m. And i had to take ibuprofen to feel like getting on.

My old mans got the CHI-NAH virus again and think I might too.

FJB

Feel better, dude. Rest up, drink up and binge watch Dexter . That's what worked for me

• Like 1

Light warm up as i feel like crap

3x3 inch negatives but they sucked

3 sets of inch holds against thighs with one hand roughly 5 seconds 10 seconds a 6 seconds each hand  

3x2 RGT

70lbs, 72.5lbs, 75lbs

Horshshoe bender one spring 3rd position 3 sets of 5 second holds

Chest Krusher 4 springs top position 2 sets of 4

some thumb work on vulcan thumbscrews and cool down

I've tested negative but my whole body hurts and energy is low. Still made it through the workout. 

• Like 5

My advice: rest. 

Working out through illness is futile. Your body already has its work cut out fighting the virus, hence why it's common to suffer a lack of appetite, because digestion takes a lot of effort. 

So does exercise. Don't ignore the signals. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gripperer said:

My advice: rest. 

Working out through illness is futile. Your body already has its work cut out fighting the virus, hence why it's common to suffer a lack of appetite, because digestion takes a lot of effort. 

So does exercise. Don't ignore the signals. 

You are 100% right, I'd be telling people the same thing if the roles where reversed. But unless I'm bed ridden i just dial it back to like 25%. Last night i did a few sledgehammer swings and went for a walk plus easy yoga

This morning an a slow pace 2000m on Concept 2.. I'm feeling it more in my head and chest today but still testing negative.. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You are 100% right, I'd be telling people the same thing if the roles where reversed. But unless I'm bed ridden i just dial it back to like 25%. Last night i did a few sledgehammer swings and went for a walk plus easy yoga

This morning an a slow pace 2000m on Concept 2.. I'm feeling it more in my head and chest today but still testing negative.. 

Hehe, we all do the same, speak the good advice and follow it just a little bit. Just feels good to train, I guess. 

Still feel crappy but better. 

Calisthenics

WD warm up high reps with 4-5 #84 rubber bands.

Sledge lever 14lbs 3x3 21" 22" 22" 

Bending Reverse

60Dsp RH 

60Dsp LH

60D LH SNAP

60D SP RH SNAP

a few more sets with WD... I like the high reps w/ rubber bands to get the blood flowing  

Here is my 3rd and 4th time braced snapping. Its WAY easier and more comfortable than against my chest..  Heres a couple videos. 

• Like 6

Loadable Dumbbell Level Lifts 3x2
Left
65 x 2 
70 x 2 
75 x 2 

Right
65 x 2
70 x 2
75 x 2 

RGT Deadlifts 5x3 
Left
70 x 3
70 x 3 
72.5x 3 
72.5 x 3 
72.5x 3 

Right
70 x 3 
70 x 3 
72.5 x 3
72.5 x 3  
72.5x 3

RGT Thumbless Rolling Handle Holds

Left
60 x 10 ct
62.5 x 10 ct  
65 x  10 ct
Right
60 x 10 ct 
62.5 x 10 ct 
65 x 10 ct 

NN2&3/8 TRIPLES 3x3
145 x 3 
145 x 3  
150 x 3 
150 x 3 
152.5x3 

*edit* and a couple carries with my 160lbs sandbag.. I also feel like I could do more with the NN, but i do it last. I really prefer the low and slow way to getting strong anyways.

Got a long way to go to get some of your guys numbers but i feel myself getting stronger every week.  There is some techniques that i'm figuring out now thats helping me.. This has been my best week yet and I did it sick.  My elbows are a little sore though. 

I've learned that bourbon, chamomile tea and honey is great for when your sick.... It's probably good when your not sick too. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 7

35 mins 6500m on concept 2

gonna do some stretching then but down my 1/4 drill rod.

• Like 6

Super busy day but I managed to cut up 2 7" 2 6.5" and 2" pieces of O1 1x4 drill rod.  Those things do go airborne with bolt cutters.

I've got a date with a really cute cop tomorrow night. These things don't normally make this too nervous but this chicks no joke. She's done the Boston marathon and accomplished and achieved a lot of stuff in her department.  She's getting ready take her exam for being a lieutenant.   As for me I'm just training to not turn my head into one of Gallaghers watermelon with a  20lbs sledgehammer...🤣

I've never gotten a cavity search but i'll try anything twice.

• Like 5

calisthenics 

inch two hand negatives 3x3

inch holds two hands

L 10 sec 11 sec x2

R 10 sec 11 sec x2

RGT 

72.5x 2

75x2

77.2x2

70 as many reps as possible R 6x30 sec L 7x 30sec 

Starting to really feel like everything is clicking.

• Like 6

Weighed myself. I lost 5lbs last week. 

Never even tested positive.. Makes you wonder. I was 170.4lbs this morning. But i'll put 5lbs back on pretty easy.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1