Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

3 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Free beer, welder, bolt cutters, axes, some supplies for work, corn hole, Webber Grill. I have good friends.

WHAT?!?!?  SCORE TIMES TEN!!

• Like 1

Nice , that’s a great hit, York dumbells way cool 😎 

• Like 1

You got all that and free Beer, yes you got good friends 

• Like 1

NN2" Handle 3x3

215 x  3

220 x 3 

225 x 3 

Level loadable inch handle Negatives, 

Left

86.5 x 5 

88 x  5

89.5 x 5 

Right      

86.5 x  5

88 x 5 

89.5 x  5

RGT Holds 

75.25 x10 seconds

75.5x 7

75.5x  5

Right

77.25 x7 

77.25 x 7 

77.25 x  5

RGT Thumbless Deadlifts 3x2

Left 

82 x 2

83 x 2 

84 x 2 

Right

84 x 2

85.5 x 2 

86 x 1 

Blobtop - left and right

12 x 1 

12.5 x 1 

13 x 1 

13.5 x 1

just did my grip stuff today. Lots to do have wedding later. I HATE weddings.  I'm not sure there will be any people there i know, other than my friends brother who i'm friends with and his parents.

Funny small world story... His brother came to my bday party last week and got talking to my brother inlaws parents... They lived near my bro inlaws family back in the day and we found out my bro in laws parents where doing to adopt my friends dad and siblings because his parents died. It really is  small world

• Like 6

Just some stretching, my mid back was feeling tight yesterday before working out and sorta was bothering me all day.. Today it just feels stiff. I can't for the life of me think of what could have done it, except for maybe the 2 hand lever on Thursday.  The fact my hands are so close together it really works the mid to upper back.  

I actually had a nice time at the wedding. 

• Like 4

deload week. 30 minutes Concept 2 and 10 minutes of stretching.

I was thinking about this cute Spanish hippy chick I met at the wedding..  We had one big thing in common. We both like women.😐

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Warm up

RGT right and left

80x1 5 sets

Thumbless 2" NN 

175lbs 3x3

2x5 NN Pinch

120 3x3

Chest Expander and Chest Krusher high reps

Ring pull ups 6,5,4,3,2,1 

44lbs KB swings 10x10 and

26lbs KB TGU 1x5 each hand

thumbscrews, extensor bands

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 6

didn't count but at least a total of 300 swings with Indian clubs

Steak and beer followed by a walk and some stretching or falling asleep. Whichever comes first. 

• Like 5

warm ups

hspu progressions. I'm getting real close strength wise but now i need to focus on balance

2h Sledge lever

10lbs 3x3

Levertop

18.5lbsx10 seconds 3 sets... Gotta keep your wrists steady so the ball dont drop

Ring dips

KB 1h swings 5x10

TGU 5x1

Going to miss my Blobtop, Its all packed and will be off to Jedds for Nationals.. Its not for the event but for the after event I believe. It should be nice and seasoned when it gets back.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

Here’s my Loch Ness monster after some sledge work this morning at work.. It’s nothing compared to @matek

17BA7468-1938-4F10-A94E-FCCD5BB399A8.jpeg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Here’s my Loch Ness monster after some sledge work this morning at work.. It’s nothing compared to @matek

17BA7468-1938-4F10-A94E-FCCD5BB399A8.jpeg

Looking good, and it seems like you have thicker wrists than I have. Muscle mass can be increased with hard work. I'm not complaining or smg; just a fact. 😄
Btw my tendons thickened at the ulnar side from DU, so my wrists are actually thicker than they used to be. About a year ago, I'd have said this is impossible because there are no muscles around the wrist, but here I am. I just had to DU 100+ pounds of steel in a year. Silly me. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, matek said:

Looking good, and it seems like you have thicker wrists than I have. Muscle mass can be increased with hard work. I'm not complaining or smg; just a fact. 😄
Btw my tendons thickened at the ulnar side from DU, so my wrists are actually thicker than they used to be. About a year ago, I'd have said this is impossible because there are no muscles around the wrist, but here I am. I just had to DU 100+ pounds of steel in a year. Silly me. 

Yeah my tendons have thickened up a lot.  Wrists definitely can get a little thicker.. 

• Like 2

Used the jackhammer for the first time this year the thing felt lighter than ever, which means i'm a lot stronger. Can't wait to try out the 90lbs air hammer. 

After pizza and beer did 18 minutes of Indian clubs and 20 minutes of stretching.

• Like 4

Beer and pizza me to today

• Like 1

@John Knowlton beer and tequila for me tonight. A late gift from my friend.

will do stretching and hopefully go for a walk after

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

Warm up

HSPU progressions

10x10kb swings

5x1 kb TGU

ring pull ups 3,2,1,3,2,1  in between swings.. Everything done at fast pace to get heart rate up. Gotta get that beer and tequila out of my system

2" NN handle

200lbs 3x3

RGT holds

Left 70lbs, 10, 9,10, seconds

Right 70lbs 10 seconds x3

RGT thumbless

both hands 70lbs 3x2

drop sets with Chest Krusher and Chest Expander 12,10, 8,6,4

lotsa reps with sidewinder

120 indian club swings 60 each side

thumbscrews, extensor bands, sledge rotations

23 minutes of yoga

Yesterday i did something dumb and used our jack hammer holding it horizontally, didn't feel like leaving job to get small one. But I think the way i've been lifting the inch 2 handed allowed me to do that. But my back was sore last night.

• Like 5

here’s the video of Jedd opening my Bloptop up. He spoke to David Horne and they will be doing an official post comp competition with it. What an honor!

I really want to go, but I just realized last week it’s the same day as my 2 nephews bday party. Even though they will be off playing with their cousins and give not notice me I don’t think I can miss it.

• Like 5

Happy Memorial Day. let's not forget what this weekend is truly about.

60 minutes concept 2 11,200 meters rowed and 10 minutes yoga

have to sweat out everything i consumed over the weekend.

• Like 4

@DoctorOfCrush I got my 12 string Rickenbacker I talked about . Totally not grip related

I saw it at guitar center this morning. I paid a BOAT load. Got 1k off with trade ins. People get on waiting lists for months to years for these. If need be I could always sell and maybe make a profit

363A2EDE-1E99-47B8-B535-4323CC6FE7C1.jpeg

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

@DoctorOfCrush I got my 12 string Rickenbacker I talked about . Totally not grip related

I saw it at guitar center this morning. I paid a BOAT load. Got 1k off with trade ins. People get on waiting lists for months to years for these. If need be I could always sell and maybe make a profit

😳😳🤤🤤

That thing is GORGEOUS!

I bet it absolutely sings. Just as classic as a sound can get. I really like the tiered pickguard too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

😳😳🤤🤤

That thing is GORGEOUS!

I bet it absolutely sings. Just as classic as a sound can get. I really like the tiered pickguard too. 

Yup, I was playing music by the Byrds for an hour when I got home.

These are so rare from what I’ve gathered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Yup, I was playing music by the Byrds for an hour when I got home.

These are so rare from what I’ve gathered.

Yeah, I know that the wait-list is usually ages, and it only got worse during COVID. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Yeah, I know that the wait-list is usually ages, and it only got worse during COVID. 

Yup, it’s one Pete Townsend had made. I’ll be doing my Townsend later minus the destruction of it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

it’s one Pete Townsend had made.

Dang! I bet it was a pretty penny then. 
He was the first guitarist that made me want an SG special. Just looks and sounds so cool at Live at Leeds. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Awesome guitar! I don't know much about those.

Just got gifted my late grandpa's old Ibanez acoustic this weekend, and it sounds incredible. Better sound than my late Dad's cheap 1970s Carlos (Made in Korea) I've been playing for years. Going to cherish and play both forever though.

• Like 2