Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

Aim glad you are feeling better, nice workout

• Thanks 1

did 24 mins ,4000m on C2 and 40 mins of stretching

• Like 5

How are you feeling today 

@John Knowlton  Still feeling lousy had low expectations ended up having an amazing workout.

Get Strong phase 2 half a$$ED

WD2 Orange Spring 2 Rubber band 1-1 1-2, 2-1, 2-2,2-3,3-2 all 1 rep then 1 attempt each hand w/ CROM

Levering 

26"x3

27"x3x4 sets

DO IMP 2F

6x3/16- 6 sec

5"x3/16 -5 seconds

6x3/16square- 6sec

60 timber tie- 5 seconds

60d galv- 9 seconds

DO in SUEDES

60D BRITE didnt time

60D BRITE didnt time

Reverse Suedes

5.75" 60d - 14 seconds

6.5x1/4 DR-32 seconds

6.5x1/4 DR 37 seconds

6x1/4 CRS 1min 11 seconds 

Decided to try iso with DO today and 1st was pre kinked from last week 60dbrite and I felt it move, and crushed it... I was in shock.. I rested and it took probably 5 minutes but I did another one. Very proud of myself considering a month ago I couldn't do and DO.

5198EBDA-4FF7-41D8-A52D-91D1604D84E3.jpeg

F255B70F-6902-4C79-930F-C3E531829EC4.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 7

Good stuff man, I'm glad it clicked!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, matek said:

Good stuff man, I'm glad it clicked!

Thanks. I think that’s a pretty good bend considering I’m new to DO. I’ll work with these for a bit and then move onto G5s.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thanks. I think that’s a pretty good bend considering I’m new to DO. I’ll work with these for a bit and then move onto G5s.

Yeah man, nice bends and good plan 👍. Since those 60ds are tough, I think you're close to the 9/32" CRS as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, matek said:

Yeah man, nice bends and good plan 👍. Since those 60ds are tough, I think you're close to the 9/32" CRS as well!

Yup. I’m going to work with 60d galvanized for a few weeks though, I never even did those DO until today. My left index finger is really sore.

• Like 1

30 minutes of yoga tonight.. 

• Like 2

Shame on me for getting cocky yesterday with the bending. Woke up in middle of night with numb hands. Right came back, left stayed numb for like an hour I was up but slowly the feeling came back. This morning feeling is back but its tingling.

Talked to Jedd and Matek, I think its something in my neck from DO bending. 

Did some stretching for the neck area and rolled on lacrosse balls, there is some tension there. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Not good

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Not good

Serves me right for being an idiot. 
It’s getting better now that I’m up and took ibuprofen. 

Tonight I’m going to see Jerry Cantrell from Alice In Chains in concert. But the next few nights I’m going to really stretch and foam roll. 

It stems from  something in my neck I know it.

• Like 1

15 minutes of yoga and some more foam rolling. Excited i have concert to go to but really wish i was staying home tonight.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Shame on me for getting cocky yesterday with the bending. Woke up in middle of night with numb hands. Right came back, left stayed numb for like an hour I was up but slowly the feeling came back. This morning feeling is back but its tingling.

Talked to Jedd and Matek, I think its something in my neck from DO bending. 

Did some stretching for the neck area and rolled on lacrosse balls, there is some tension there. 

Congrats on the bend but this is scary stuff. I have been worrying about sleeping on my hands at night. I have woken up a few times with really numb hands just sleeping weird. 

at about 4:40 in the video Eddie Hall talked about Brian shaw having a problem with numb hands and how it was killing his grip strength to the point he had to get surgery because he was not getting good blood flow. Be careful hope you heal up. You can probably do reverse style which doesn't require the same level of flexibility or neck strain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Congrats on the bend but this is scary stuff. I have been worrying about sleeping on my hands at night. I have woken up a few times with really numb hands just sleeping weird. 

at about 4:40 in the video Eddie Hall talked about Brian shaw having a problem with numb hands and how it was killing his grip strength to the point he had to get surgery because he was not getting good blood flow. Be careful hope you heal up. You can probably do reverse style which doesn't require the same level of flexibility or neck strain. 

Thank you. Last night I woke up a few times, my hands where a pins and needles but instantly it came back. So thats good.

I can feel some twinges in my neck so I know thats what it is.

Really, I'm an idiot and got carried away with the bending. But I guess that is how you learn unfortunately. Going to do my workout now, next week I may take a deload and avoid bending for a couple weeks.

As much as I love grip and bending, I need my body for work so I have to be extra careful. 

Gripping and bending is very addicting and is easy to over do it

how was the concert last night?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Gripping and bending is very addicting and is easy to over do it

how was the concert last night?

Yes it is.. Concert was great, dont know if you like Alice in Chains or not but you should check out Jerry Cantrells solo act. They are really good. The opening band was really good too.

I'm getting better but still a little sick, it showed in my performance. Take care of your lungs everyone, and wear masks when your in dusty/moldy environments. I know this is work related and not a viral infection.

Warmed up with indian clubbells  and Get Strong Phase 2 week 1.

Loadable Dumbbell Level Lifts 3x2
Left 
83.5 x 2                          
83.5 x 2                        
80 x2
77.5 x 2 
77.5 x2 

Right 
83.5 x2 
83.5 x1 
80 x2
77.5 x2
77.5 x2

Level Negatives

76 x 5 
77 x 5 
78 x 5 

Right       
76x 5
77 x 5 
78 x 5 

RGT Holds
75 x7 sec
75x 6 sec
75x 6 sec

Right
75.25 x6 sec
75.25 x 6 sec
75 x  6 sec

RGT Thumbless Deadlifts 

Left
72.5x 2 
75 x 2
77.5 x2 

Right 
72.5 x 2 
75 x 2 
77.5 x 2 

NN2&3/8 5x2

182.5x 2
175 x 2
177.5x 2 
178.5 1
177.5x 1

Sledge Rotations

• Like 3

I am glad you are feeling better.

I like both of them,We have not been to a concert in a while 

killer workout today

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

I am glad you are feeling better.

I like both of them,We have not been to a concert in a while 

killer workout today

Thanks...I've been to way too many, close to 100 if I had to guess I've seen them all from Tony Bennett to Motley Crue, Kris Kristofferson, Green Day, Allman Bros, Black Sabbath, Willie Nelson, Jethro Tull... They are fun.

• Like 1

20 minutes on the rowing machine, 20 minutes yoga, did some soft tissue work with the lacross balls... Then I  went in my parents sauna, drank a few beers and listened to George Carlin. 

The indian clubbells really do loosen up the shoulders. I should use them more often.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 7

was feeling lazy this morning and laid in bed until 6:45, like an extra two hours almost.  I did 15 minutes of yoga and will row tonight if i'm home early enough

Woke up once or twice during night.... My hands didn't fall asleep last night that I know of.

• Like 3

its ok to be a little lazy on a Monday morning.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

its ok to be a little lazy on a Monday morning.  

Had to visit family friends in nursing home after work. Was going to row but ate 3 cheeseburgers and now I dont wanna row. Guess im having lazy Monday night too.

• Like 1

Get Strong Phase 2 week 1

RGT

Left

Right

88.25 not to lockout

86.75 not to lockout

2x5 NN pinch

131x3

131.5x3

132.5x3

133.5x3

135x3

136x1

141x1

Inch band deload

L 5,4,6 seconds @ 6 inches

R 7,5,9 seconds @ 6 inches

3x3 inch negs

Chest Krusher 3 springs a few sets

sidewinder

extensor bands

Getting my strength back but I still feel about 80%.  This infection has taken a long time to leave my system. Probably should have seen a Dr but I don't like taking antibiotics unless its urgent. My left hand felt really strong today, my right hand was lagging. Also think my CNS is still a little fried from bending last week. But all in all it was a pretty good session.

• Like 4

Looks good

nice work

• Thanks 1