Back to grippers! Long time away...

Terry Conjugate Iron

Been nearly 6 months since I trained grippers. Been doing a lot of forearm work at the gym and pronation/supination work at home with my mini bands. 

I feel almost at 100%

Closed the GHP5 and 6 with left and right hand respectively. Bought them in February and never tried them due to my issues. Happy! 

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Been nearly 6 months since I trained grippers. Been doing a lot of forearm work at the gym and pronation/supination work at home with my mini bands. 

I feel almost at 100%

Closed the GHP5 and 6 with left and right hand respectively. Bought them in February and never tried them due to my issues. Happy! 

Glad to hear you are back and better than ever!

• Thanks 1

Nice work Terry 

glad you are back on the grippers again 

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 11:43 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

Glad to hear you are back and better than ever!

Super happy I can work with grippers again man! That wall looked sad not being used all this time lol... 

I was so close to that damn CoC3 man in February... I could taste it. I need to get this done till end of the year. That GHP6 was a PR for sure. Felt pretty similar to my CoC2.5, maybe a little lighter. 

These two will be my builders working my way up it seems. 

And thanks! 

On 7/10/2022 at 12:45 AM, Ryroza said:

Glad your back,congrats on the ghp6!!

Thanks brother! Admittedly the GHP knurling helps a lot. If my 139rgc #3 had the same knurling and handle size I'd have closed it last year. 

Little more work to do and I'm there! 

Appreciate you 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 5:57 AM, John Knowlton said:

Nice work Terry 

glad you are back on the grippers again 

Thanks John! Need to be smart and take small increments. With my injury history I need to tackle this a little more carefully.

Glad to be back! 

5 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Super happy I can work with grippers again man! That wall looked sad not being used all this time lol... 

I was so close to that damn CoC3 man in February... I could taste it. I need to get this done till end of the year. That GHP6 was a PR for sure. Felt pretty similar to my CoC2.5, maybe a little lighter. 

These two will be my builders working my way up it seems. 

And thanks! 

How are you feeling now? Like I said before, my fatigue lasted so long and I still feel like I don’t recover from workouts like I used to. This is coming from someone who wasn’t and still never feared Covid. But I believe it can mess people up.

It seems people who workout notice the fatigue more than people who are couch potato’s.  

15 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

How are you feeling now? Like I said before, my fatigue lasted so long and I still feel like I don’t recover from workouts like I used to. This is coming from someone who wasn’t and still never feared Covid. But I believe it can mess people up.

It seems people who workout notice the fatigue more than people who are couch potato’s.  

Man I benched 315 x 4 on Monday so I'm at 90% it seems. I don't know why I didn't get too sick. Cause in 2019 I contracted H1N1 and legit nearly died. 

The doctor told me that this may have helped. Cause I did get the H1N1 vaccine at the hospital. Intensive care for 7 days. Lost 25lbs lol. 

And I'm also vaccinated for Covid. Work forced us to get it but I'm not regretting it

• Like 1

Wow, thats scary... Glad H1N1 didn't get you and that you didn't get the fatigue.  

Now back to grippers..  I've always sucked at them and now I realize its because I was from doing to much and not letting my hands recover.  I haven't tried using them in a few months and I closed a 1.5 real easy. Nothing impressive but I think some time away specifically from grippers is a good thing and your going to be closing that COC3 soon.

It felt good to use them, going to focus on bending for a few months then I want to focus on grippers again.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 1:19 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

Wow, thats scary... Glad H1N1 didn't get you and that you didn't get the fatigue.  

Now back to grippers..  I've always sucked at them and now I realize its because I was from doing to much and not letting my hands recover.  I haven't tried using them in a few months and I closed a 1.5 real easy. Nothing impressive but I think some time away specifically from grippers is a good thing and your going to be closing that COC3 soon.

It felt good to use them, going to focus on bending for a few months then I want to focus on grippers again.

Yeah and that's the 3rd I was hospitalized due to respiratory issues. A lot of fun having asthmatic bronchitis haha.. 

Man that is so true! Grippers are harsh on the hands that's for sure. Bending is fun, never done it but knowing myself and the grip junky I am, I'll be bending stuff in a few months lol... 

Closing a 1.5 without any serious training is no joke man. I respect that. Hopefully you'll smash that #2 soon enough.