I did it!

bseedot

I finally closed the #2 today!  I closed it once with my right hand- not yet with my left though.  Wierd because I'm a southpaw and am stronger at every other grip exercise I do with my left hand, except the COCs.  I guess the spring angle really does make a difference.  My hands are shaking badly right now after my session so be glad that I'm proof-reading this before I post it :)

Grip on!!!

BC.

Congats to you!  Just to close the CoC #2 is a feat in itself, so consider it a VERY major accomplishment!  Do you realize how many people have tried to close the CoC #2 and couldn't do it?

What are your future grip goals.... to try and close the CoC #3?  Keep us posted on your development, o.k.?

(p.s. -  get the BB Master if you can.  It's one step up from the #2, and will help ya get to that elusive #3!)

BB master?? I need info. By the way congrats. I took a set of grippers with me to an OHF dinner and this is like the AOBS occasions in that its all IronMen and women and loads having a go an yep - few get it. So well done!

Congrats on closing the #2.  Look out #3.  Keep training hard.

Guest woody36

bseedot.

congratulations,it shouldnt be long before

your repping the two with either hand.

outstanding.

all the best

woody.

Thanks all.  I must say that I do feel a bit of pride now.

Sybersnott-  I do plan on training to close the #3 under certified conditions.  I'm not sure about time frame- maybe y'all could help me with that.  I originally made it my goal to be certified by June, 2002, but that seems rather lengthy.  Maybe by the end of this year???

Woody-  Yes- now I've got to work on the consistency.  I made three attempts today and only got the first one.  I've never repped though- just strap holds and assisted closes.

Onward and upward...

BC.

Guest CanadaCrush

I think how long it takes to close the #3 depends on a lot of factors, including how dedicated you are, and a lack of injuries. I think you will get a better view of how long it will take you to close it, once you have tried to get it for a month or two.

-Mark

Thanks Tom.  And thank you for your help and support.  I can't wait for Tuesday night (next workout)!!!

BC.

Congrats Bseedot!  I figured 2 years from 2-3 for myself, altough this is due to my outside interests....Rugby, Lifting, school Girls Girls Girls etc..

Guest Russell Latterman

Great Job!

How long did it take you to get to the #2 after closing the #1.  I got my #1,2 and 3 8 months ago and couldn't close the #1.  I just closed my #2 last week.

Get Ulitmate Grip!

Hi Russell:

Let's see...  I got my #1 and #2 around mid January this year.  I could close the #1 out of the bag, although not convincingly.  I began work on the #2 around the beginning of February.  So I guess it was about 5-6 weeks from the time I began working the #2, and a couple of months from first picking up a COC.- fairly similar to your experience with them.  I workout tonight so we'll see if I can get it again and start obtaining some consistency.  I've already bought the #3 and #4 and I'm ready to attack these mothers.

Cap-  I sure hope it doesn't take me 2-3 years.  I'll be working them in earnest.  I guess anywhere between the end of this year and June of 2002 seems reasonable to me.

BC.

bseedot-If takes longer than you planned to go from the #2 to the #3, don't get frustrated.  You have to stay determined, will probably have to experiment with different routines, and be patient.  Take it from one who knows.  Steve Weiner

Thanks Steve.  Yes, I will make sure that I have an abundance of patience on hand.  Was it you who worked somewhere around 15 months to close the #3?  How vital do you think the BB Master is in progressing to the #3?  

BC.

BC-It took me 23 months to move from the #2 to the#3, and I wish I knew about the BB Master sooner than I did, because I believe it would have saved me alot of time, as it provides a nice "go between" from the #2 to the #3