I hate when this happens

Guest dark knight

Guest dark knight

I was feeling good today because I was able to close my #1 (again),also I just recieved my # 2 yesterday. I brought them to work thinking I would train coc today since I work alone. My good friend was there ...I relieve him...and I showed him that I was able to close the #1. He doesn't lift or workout at all for that matter and is very skinny. He closed the #1 completely with his left then grinded the handles together with his right...he also came within an inch of closing the #2. Serves me right for showing off, (I hate guys like that).

Tip of the day - do not take Gripper to work or put on show until you can crush it - then when all the others fail you show em how its done!

Murphys Law (SG/Mobster version) states that some bum will embaress ya take it without having beat it first

Guest Sarpedon

When I first received the T and #1 grippers, I had them both out of their wrappers and as I was squeezing the trainer my dad walks in.

"Take a look, dad, I can nearly shut this!"

He doesn't know they're different strengths, so he comes up and grinds the #1.

"Yeah, Nate, those are tough grippers!"

The guy doesn't work out or even do hard labor--just a 56-yr old retiree that naps during the afternoon. Anyway, I wasn't embarassed, just mad that he didn't pass it down.

Sarp.

dark knight,

That's rare.  I took my Trainer to work and out of a hundred people about 3 or 4 of them could close it.  One of them was my own sister.  Most of the guys I knew didn't come close.  Tell that guy he has real potential in the grip game if he decides to train for it.  I myself had to train to close the #2.... I could shut the Trainer and the #1 the very first time I got them!

Sybersnott

Guest scotte

What is it with dads?!

It has taken me about six months of hard, consitant gripper training to close the #1.  My 67 year old dad with arthritic thumbs can shut the damned thing any where, at any time and he doesnt train!

Why did I interit my mums genetics?  Its just not fair!

Saying that, I have a real laugh with the body builders at the local gym.  There is no one and i really mean no one under 14 stone that can close the trainer.  Its quite pathetic if you think about it.  The only guys who can shut the #1 are all over 15 stone, mostly on gear and have big hands.

Pinch gripping is also very good at deflating egos.  It apears that at 6 feet tall and 175lb I have the same one handed pinch grip strength as the average 15 stone british bodybuilder!

(for the non-Brit, 1 stone is 14 lbs., - i.e. 14 stone is 156 lbs.)

I spent some months before finally closing #1 (I am 145 lbs.), and can now close it with an audible "click". Only about 1/4 inch away on the #2!

It's amazing all the bodybuilder types to whom I have passed the #1, and who can't close it. A friend of mine (6', 195 lbs.) who is an excellent armwrestler, keeps talking about how important hand/wrist/grip strength is in armwrestling, could not close #1!

Talk about deflating egos!

kw.

Guest CanadaCrush

I've noticed something odd about fathers. They have something which I call "old man strength." They seem able to perform strength feats that they shouldn't be able to do, including gripping. Even if they have never trained in their lives, for some odd reason, as they grow older, they grow stronger. If this theory holds true, just wait until R. Sorin get's "old."

- Mark

Hey can anybody tell me how they finally got that last 1/8 of an inch closed on th #1???? Is it possible without having the Trainer?

Thanks

Ben