Stone lifting

Blacksmith513

It’s something I’ve always wanted to do. We dug one up on a job.  At first I tried to lift it it felt like it was impossible. But then I tried a couple times and picked it up like nothing. Don’t know what it weighs but I’m guessing 140-175lbs… I’d like to think it’s 200lbs but I’ll have to weigh it. My brother recorded it but I don’t feel like making a YouTube account to upload it. I feel like a fool  I never wear hats like that or sunglasses but I got to protect my eyes after Lasik.

Anyone here do much rock lifting?

5C032D01-CFD9-4116-B46E-C16D8A5D7C37.png

B8C3AEA1-F22F-4B7A-8E2D-7466C71F90CF.png

468210E8-A46C-4740-B5C6-F3D6CA935F7A.png

• Like 9

Nice work and cool hat, for real 🤠

Get that Boulder weighed!

4 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Anyone here do much rock lifting?

Only Atlas Stones when I used to do Strongman. Stone to shoulder was one of my favourite exercises.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jet Black Heart said:

Nice work and cool hat, for real 🤠

Get that Boulder weighed!

Only Atlas Stones when I used to do Strongman. Stone to shoulder was one of my favourite exercises.

Haha thanks..

I just weighed it, in my jeans and work boots i'm 180, with the stone and me on the scale, 360.... So the stone roughly weights 180lbs...  It felt pretty light to be honest.  I'm going to get some more rocks, even some smaller ones for pinch work.   

Nice work on the stone lift. This guy on YouTube lifts natural stones all the time on his channel. He’s an absolute animal built like a brick shithouse and benches over 500 too. Here he is lifting a 131 kilo stone up to shoulder height. 

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

built like a brick shithouse

😂 I love that saying. I haven’t heard it for years!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Black Heart said:

😂 I love that saying. I haven’t heard it for years!! 

Best part is it’s either a compliment or an insult.

• Like 2

Stone Lifting is a great workout

Looking good! I've done a few contests and lifted some natural stones through the years, especially after the gyms closed due to Covid. Absolutely love it. I also lifted a few back ends of cars haha... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Looking good! I've done a few contests and lifted some natural stones through the years, especially after the gyms closed due to Covid. Absolutely love it. I also lifted a few back ends of cars haha... 

Lifting stones, anvils and other odd objects just feels so much more natural to me. Just great conditioning. I remember one time at work I did trips and trips down stairs with 2 60lbs bags of concrete on my shoulders.

You can’t beat odd object lifting whether it’s for strength or conditioning. It just makes the crap you gotta in life so much easier.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Lifting stones, anvils and other odd objects just feels so much more natural to me. Just great conditioning. I remember one time at work I did trips and trips down stairs with 2 60lbs bags of concrete on my shoulders.

You can’t beat odd object lifting whether it’s for strength or conditioning. It just makes the crap you gotta in life so much easier.

Man construction work is one of the toughest jobs out there... I got a ton of respect for these people. And I agree. Odd objects will train you so much more. 

The harder they are, the faster you improve trying to adjust to them. 

• Like 2