Sign in to follow this  
Roark

New Forum

Roark

Those of you who have never had an opportunity to read David Willoughby's series in Ironman from about 50 years ago may be interested in seeing the series.

In a few days the series will be posted at ironhistory.com discussion forums.

The articles were adapted by Willoughby from Desbonnet's 1911 book of the same title, and some fine details are included.

Roark

http://www.ironhistoy.com is now open for reading only to non-members.

You will not be able to search or to post unless you register, but you can read without registering now.

Roark

Starting next week, we will be serializing the pages of Anvils, Horseshoes, and Cannons- the classic, and rare, books by Leo Gaudreau.

Leo's daughter has granted permission for me to post these books at ironhistory.com, so those of you who have been having difficulty locating these two volumes may now read them at ironhistory.com.

Membership (free) is required to see this offering, and real name registration is required, so if interested, please come on over.

Roark

We have begun posting the installments of The History of the Iron Game which began in 1947 and ran for dozens of issues in the British Amateur Weightlifter and Bodybuilder. Some installments will concern grip strength.

You must join ironhistory.com to see the forum, and if you are serious about joining, use your real name and real email because only those attempts will be honored.

Roark

ironhistory.com celebrates nine years online today- started Nov 15, 2003.

Also, ironhistory.com is now on facebook.

Roark

Bill has placed my Thomas Inch file on cyberpump.com. This is a 151 page file with references and lengthy quotes from rare British magazines which I used to write the Inch 101 series. It contains loads of info not used in that series.

I had not planned to share the file, so there may be some obvious typos, which I ask you to overlook so long as the meaning is clear.

http://www.cyberpump.com/members/features/ironhistory/inch101.pdf

Liam

Bill has placed my Thomas Inch file on cyberpump.com. This is a 151 page file with references and lengthy quotes from rare British magazines which I used to write the Inch 101 series. It contains loads of info not used in that series.

I had not planned to share the file, so there may be some obvious typos, which I ask you to overlook so long as the meaning is clear.

http://www.cyberpump.com/members/features/ironhistory/inch101.pdf

Very interesting and comprehensive piece of work Joe

Im going to enjoy working my way through your research

Liam

Roark

Starting today, for a while, non-members of ironhistory.com will be able to see the various sections in one forum called, MuscleSearch. It will be a read-only opportunity, no posting unless you join.
Please be advised that joining requires real name registration, therefore we do not use an automatic registration. So some time may be required if I do not happen to be online.

• Like 1

Hubgeezer
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:15 AM, Roark said:

Starting today, for a while, non-members of ironhistory.com will be able to see the various sections in one forum called, MuscleSearch. It will be a read-only opportunity, no posting unless you join.
Please be advised that joining requires real name registration, therefore we do not use an automatic registration. So some time may be required if I do not happen to be online.

Interesting that you now have a section on the forum for "Drug Talk". I saw the discussions of trying to keep it contained to that section. Not sure why it surprised me, but it did, as I figured that was something you really wanted to avoid on IH. I'm not easily surprised.

Roark
16 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Interesting that you now have a section on the forum for "Drug Talk". I saw the discussions of trying to keep it contained to that section. Not sure why it surprised me, but it did, as I figured that was something you really wanted to avoid on IH. I'm not easily surprised.

It surprised me too, but so many oblique references were being made to drugs that we decided to corral conversation to one section only.

We also have an 'Off Topics' area which is new.

Of course, most of the forums cannot be seen by non-members but we are hoping what can be seen may prompt more people to have an interest in what we do.