Gripboard Grip Bash Iii Results

EricMilfeld

Stefan, I thought it make for a nice change to eliminate the grippers this time around, as they've been included in all three of the contests thus far. Also, with the inclusion of bending, I tend to think one's gripper performance would take a beating. Anyone else notice that bending kills your gripper strength?

Plate curls have been considered, but I'm concerned with the lack of a standard way to add weight to the plate, so as to keep the leverages identical for all. Then there's the issue of it being a one handed curling movement, which I believe, makes the judging of its performance not so objective.

The definite events so far are bending and some type of pinching, perhaps the duct tape covered pinch block again? I though this event made for some very objective results. We'll definitely need some type of holding event, as well. Ideas?

please no pinching but if you are going to have pinching make it fun like seen how much weight you can pinch with two hands but you can only use two fingers from each hand.

PS: NO BLOCKS! just use plates nice and simple

hey i know this has nothing to do with the contest and all but check out the coc list!!!, look who's last :yikes

PS: at Ironmind.com :D

Edited by Strong Man

Eric,

bending sounds great for the next contest, a novel approach at getting some inexpensive standardization.

I'm up for whatever feats everyone decides on. I'd like to give the one arm barbell deadlift a go again I need to improve on this in a bad way.

How about the sewing needle lift as brookfield described in MOHS???

Jon@han

A one armed deadlift sounds good to me. I'm not real familiar with the sewing needle lift, but wouldn't the weak link be whichever finger is opposing the thumb, assuming that's how it is performed?

I do intend to include bending, but here are some minor roadblocks I've come across: There's a big jump in difficulty from the grade 2 to the grade 5, and I'm not sure that cutting down the grade 2 to even five inches would bridge this gap sufficiently. I haven't seen any 3/16 inch bolts of the length needed, which limits us to 1/4 inch, as I think the 5/16 inch grade 2 is nearly as difficult as the grade 5 1/4 inch. I do need some suggestions regarding the contesting of the bending.

Why don't I go buy 20 bucks worth of HRS or CRS and I'll send it to you all when you send me money for it. It'll be the luck of the draw, but we'll all b e getting the same type of stock from the same store.

We've got to be able to figure this all out.

-Napalm Jedd-

Why don't I go buy 20 bucks worth of HRS or CRS and I'll send it to you all when you send me money for it. It'll be the luck of the draw, but we'll all b e getting the same type of stock from the same store.

Something like this could work. What do ya'll think?

sounds good, what kind of steel are we bending, the best bends i have are I think it's a gr. 2 bolt, and the blue nail unbraced.

Jedd, good idea. Once you figure out what you will be purchasing then you can post how much moola we have to send. Also you will have to weigh what the samplings will be so that we can send you the money for the postage as well.

Jon@han

Consider this a poll: 1)Do you want to adopt Jedd's idea, or...

2)Require the use of David's challenge bars and IM's nails.

In which case all of the competitors would have the option

of selecting one of the two they prefer to use. We would

then assign a poundage to the IM nails, so they could be

used along side the challenge bars.

If we're buying IM nails, I'm out. Bottom line. They're way too expensive, plus they are cut so jagged.... And David's contest bars...how long will they take to get here? With me, it's going to take 2 or 3 days, tops.

Listen, I'll have the stock in a week. Tell me what kind to get. I say 1/4 CRS. I will buy it all. The bars cost like a couple bucks a bar, maybe. They send me money, I send them bars. They measure it and cut it down with a hack saw on the days of the contest.

It's easy.

What do you think, guys?

-Napalm Jedd-

sounds great, I'm in.

I like it Jedd. I would recommend buying some strong 1/4 inch stock, so the strongest guys don't have to bend some ridiculously short piece (much under 5 inches), and the less strong competitors could still manage a 8 or 9 inch bend. Unless, we need two stocks to compensate for the wide span of the competitor's strengths?

Just to clarify, I do agree with you on the point about IM's jagged nails, but the individual competitors would have had a choice between the stocks. One great thing about David's bars is the precalibration, on the downside for us Americans is the high shipping cost, if you wish to receive them within a week.

If no others wish to voice an opinion, I say let's go with your idea. I think it's good that the stock would be mailed from your area, as a lot of the competitors would be within close proximity of you, and therefore save on shipping.

Let me know what help you may need.

Jedd's idea is much more economical, in a perfect world the challenge bars would be the way to go but being on the other side of the pond it could get awfully expensive for the amount of nails needed for the contest.

Jon@han