165PR 165PR.........................7.50

35 35....................................4.58

total.......................................24.54

BEST LIFTS

Grippers R: Stefan Straub #3x9 L: Jedd Johnson #3x1

V-bar R: John McEneany 225 L: John McEneany 215

Pinch Block R: Eric Milfeld 79 L: Eric Milfeld 74

Wrist Curl: John McEneany 230

Though the number of contestants were not high, the quality of lifting certainly was. Each of our six competitors set atleast one new personal best. Rounding out the group was veteran grip competitor Jonathan McMillan, who used his strong supporting grip to set two new PR's in the V-bar event. In fifth, Norway's Dag Runar Oersvik Oeye banged out an impressive five reps with the #3, for a PR. Fourth position saw the Diesel Crew's member Jedd Johnson conquer the #3 left handed for the first time. Stefan Straub spoke prophetically when he let it be known he was gunning for the third spot. And this newly certified Captain of Crush did it in style, slamming his #3 nine consecutive times. By a mere 8/100th's of a point, yours truly was knocked into the second position, by none other than big bad John McEneany. Ponce De Leon tried and failed to find what apparently Oldguy has discovered in southern Florida: The Fountain of Youth. Either that, or John has Father Time in one vice-like headlock, because this guy just gets better with age. The word is that he even devoted some event specific training in his routine for this contest, and it sure paid off. Watchout if he ever figures out how to bring his pinch up to speed with his other lifts. Well, I thank all of those who dared to give it their all on the cyber platform, and give the glory to the Lord Jesus Christ. See ya'll in three months.

P.S. Don't forget to e-mail your mailing addresses to me, top five guys, and I'll send off your certificates in short order.

Edited by EricMilfeld

Talk about close! Beats me how you held onto that slippery duct tape. Mind you Without tape you would still have me beat on pinchblock! I paid a phone in Psychic good money to predict the scores, so that I knew exactly how much to do to barely win. :tongue On the V Bar, I left 200 plus on the loading pin with the PVC clipped on ,so that everytime I wandered into my home gym, I could give it a hoist.

Eric,

Thanks again for setting up the contest, many lessons learned and relearned for me this time around. I should have made the effort to train the events right off from when you announced them. I know you had stated already how slippery the duct tape was but I was totally shocked when I gave it a try :blush

I'm definitly going to make the effort to include the slippery block into my training and try to keep some v-bar training up as well.

Well, let's start planning for GBIV !!!!

How about including a duct taped softball lift -this is something I have to but together still but it should be an affordable, easily assembled grip implement.

Jon@han

next contest you should put in plate curls or bending

Nice job guys.

Some unbelievable numbers were put up on the pinch block. What size of block did you guys use? Mine was just two 2X4's with duct tape. I mighty hoisting numbers in the 40's with my set-up. It is mind-boggling getting up 70's. Your thumbs must be extremely strong, fellas. Good job.

-Napalm Jedd-

Jedd my block was 3" wide and a hair over that with the duct tape on it, should've made it sooner maybe I could have pulled in the 40's with some practice -it was my first time trying the block.

Jon@han

i can't wait till next competition, I'll have atleast 20 reps for you guys. (#3)

Edited by Strong Man

I'm working to develop a way to include bending so that it may be contested in a somewhat objective manner. What do ya'll think about using grade 2,5, and 8 bolts of various thicknesses, and lengths in quarter inch increments between 5 and 6 inches? I really don't know how much variance to expect amongst the various brands of bolts. I'm also concerned with being able to compile a list of bolts that would represent an incremental progression in strength. I intend to visit the hardware store later today and purchase a large quantity of various bolts with which to experiment. ;) Suggestions?

Eric,

I think the next contest HAS to have bending in it. Let's face it, bending is a major category of hand strength and it has not been included in one of the bashes yet. It is time.

I think that if you chose the different grade bolts, took a photo of them, and posted them on this forum, we would be able to get out there and find the same bolts. If someone can't find the bolts,someone who can could send them to the person through the mail.

It is time, Eric.

-Napalm Jedd-

Good stuff fellas, it's really surprising to me that so few people competed.

Sorry I couldn't compete in this one, but I have a comp in 2 days. I would've gotten demolished in any case.

Congrats on another successful comp Eric, the standard is getting very high.

Jeff

Eric,

I think the next contest HAS to have bending in it. Let's face it, bending is a major category of hand strength and it has not been included in one of the bashes yet. It is time.

I think that if you chose the different grade bolts, took a photo of them, and posted them on this forum, we would be able to get out there and find the same bolts. If someone can't find the bolts,someone who can could send them to the person through the mail.

It is time, Eric.

-Napalm Jedd-

sounds good man i like that idea

Thanks for the great input and words of encouragment guys. The next will have bending!

My pinch block consisted of a 2x6 glued to a 3/4 inch piece of plywood (2 1/4 inch total thickness), which seems to be about my ideal width.

If anyone has questions about the equipment or rules can check out the Official Rules post in this forum.

Edited by EricMilfeld

i can't wait till next competition, I'll have atleast 20 reps for you guys. (#3)

How far do you let the gripper come open on each rep? :blink

The rules say that you have to open up the gripper to the point where the handles are parallel to each other.

Edited by 2strong

I suspect that next time grippers will not be an event anyway.

;)

why would you take away the grippers!, best event

How far do you let the gripper come open on each rep? :blink

The rules say that you have to open up the gripper to the point where the handles are parallel to each other.

I do parallel reps :rock It's only been like a week since the comp. and I'm already at 11 reps.

Edited by Strong Man

take out pinching Eric, and add plate curl!!