Coc imTUG

LABZSTS

So would you guys recommend these for grip training in general? Because of how much I use my grippers and how I train, I've noticed that my ring and pinky fingers seem stronger than my others. When I get calluses, I've also noticed I get close to no calluses on my index finger. Could this be due to strength imbalances in my hands due to grippers and do you recommend imTUGS from Iron Mind?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LABZSTS said:

So would you guys recommend these for grip training in general? Because of how much I use my grippers and how I train, I've noticed that my ring and pinky fingers seem stronger than my others. When I get calluses, I've also noticed I get close to no calluses on my index finger. Could this be due to strength imbalances in my hands due to grippers and do you recommend imTUGS from Iron Mind?

I'm sure they are useful for for bridging the gap... Like a lot of stuff, not needed but if you got some extra scratch and want them, why not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can do the same thing with a regular gripper. IMTUG's are different and have adifferent feel. I used them a little bit when my skin was torn but that was only because I already had them. I wouldn't buy them for training. I would only buy them for fun. You can get the same job done with just a normal sized gripper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My issue with them is the fat handles. When closed, you are WAY outside the position of a closed gripper. There is no doubt you can get stronger in some way by using them, but I don’t feel they help you get stronger on grippers if that is your goal. Training finger pairs on block weights and using filed grippers is probably better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

These are nice. A useful tool to get a stronger grip.

• Thanks 1