How does grip training change the hand or bone/tendons/non muscle in general

skeleton

I want to know what kind of changes grip training can bring to the hand for the most part, i know it can increase vascularity and forearm of course.

But it is less accepted that it might change the fingers to be thicker or the palm of the hand, for context i am 18 next month so maybe grip training while relatively young can change my hand to be bigger

so to make it clear my general question/discussion is about how grip training can change the tendons bone etc of the arm and more specifically the hand, i read many people claim increased thickness but many claiming against it

hopefully this thread is appropriate to the board

Edited by skeleton
Forgot to include things in the title
  • Like 1

Davis' law definitely applies to the soft tissues, Ofcourse muscle grows first when training grip, Skin slowly thickens over time, From training grippers i've grown a 1/6 of an inch of hard skin on my palm and fingers, Tendons take a bit longer, Depending on what type of grip training you're doing it could take years, You build tendon/attachment strength before you build actual size

Bones take the longest to change from grip strength training, It takes decades of routine hard work to induce change in them, There's a picture floating around out there of an Xray of Nathan Holle's wrist, His Ulnar bone prominence (the knobby bit near the wrist) is absolutely massive, Disproportionately so

Edited by Jermiah Merciconah
fumbled the bag
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Davis' law definitely applies to the soft tissues, Ofcourse muscle grows first when training grip, Skin slowly thickens over time, From training grippers i've grown a 1/6 of an inch of hard skin on my palm and fingers, Tendons take a bit longer, Depending on what type of grip training you're doing it could take years, You build tendon/attachment strength before you build actual size

Bones take the longest to change from grip strength training, It takes decades of routine hard work to induce change in them, There's a picture floating around out there of an Xray of Nathan Holle's wrist, His Ulnar bone prominence (the knobby bit near the wrist) is absolutely massive, Disproportionately so

Thank you for your answer

do you think something like mk677 and bonesmashing + nutrients(vitamin d + k2 + protein + calcium) + general work(lifting in ways that focus on the hand and wrist), could produce results bigger and faster(span of 6-24 months), as i said im 17 and 17 next month

also have you seen tennis players xrays?, here are 2 images. Maybe these changes only matter when you are still growing as in puberty.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/fig2_15342025

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Hands-of-a-tennis-professional-right-hander-with-significant-changes-of-the-right-as_fig1_15342025

Edited by skeleton

Just work hard and smart for years.... Treat youre body good.  It will do all the growing it needs.

857F6318-32FB-4F34-AECC-867895885B76.thumb.png.c37e7d25b8ca1ea3ee066947cbc213ed.pngThe last 5 years in particular I’ve added length to both hands/ finger thickness/ wrist thickness but the biggest change has been how much my right hand has grown. When Nate had me on the grip well years bacK my hands measured 7&7/8” long but now left is 8&3/16 and right is 8&3/8” 

if you do it consistently your body will change

edit- the best example is how fast Devin Larret has blown up his right hand- it’s crazy bigger over the last two years of his daily work on it and he has documented the process over the years 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 2

This subject is interesting to me.Weight makes a difference too. I know for a fact I was around 7.25, now i'm under 7. 

From the little research I've done, i think (and I could be very wrong) best case you could add 3/4'' of an inch. My dad, uncle and their dad all have/had massive wrists. I know its genetics, but years of doing masonry must have made their wrists bigger. We all have the same build, except i'm thin. i'm probably just more of a medium frame instead of their massive frame, but I'm curious what my wrist size would be know if I weighed 250lbs. That tendon on whatever it is on the thumb side of the wrist is much bigger, since i started bending. 

George Jowett supposedly added a lot of size to his wrists.. I respect the real old time strongman, but I take everything they said with a grain of sat. 

I do know that my grandpas brother was called mighty mouse when he was in his early 20s because of his wrists and physique and their mom looked  like a viking. I'm confident they would have dominated the grip sport if it was a thing back then. 

Sorry if i'm not making sense, I got eye surgery Friday, my eyes are killing and its hard to think right..  Long story short, we don't do much masonry anymore, which really works the wrists... But i'm curious how much my bone structure will change now that i've gotten really serious about this sport. 

• Like 1