Card tearing/ Practice

Ole' Puller

"World's ugliest (and longest!) card tearing session"

• Full deck of mavericks
• Quartered

"As the title indicates, this was one long ugly session that resulted in torn up skin which only made completing this session that much more difficult and rewarding. I'm going to post up 2 videos.. The opening video was originally 31:48 long, so to spare the viewers I sped up the video and condensed it to just over 3 minutes. In fact, during the long video the video stopped recording! I then restarted the tear on a second video that showed the completion of today's marathon event in real time. 

The last time I quartered a deck of Mavs, I literally did it just before leaving to go to work and it was much easier than today's efforts. I know that cards vary in toughness but no excuses .. whatever the reason today's session was vastly different, I'm very grateful to have succeeded!
👊🦀👊FB_IMG_1656713239195.thumb.jpg.f2de287f8adf62636621d5346555dc8c.jpgFB_IMG_1656713244858.thumb.jpg.98e3bf863bfa0a14d37ca34d1711fb1b.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ole' Puller said:

"World's ugliest (and longest!) card tearing session"

• Full deck of mavericks
• Quartered

"As the title indicates, this was one long ugly session that resulted in torn up skin which only made completing this session that much more difficult and rewarding. I'm going to post up 2 videos.. The opening video was originally 31:48 long, so to spare the viewers I sped up the video and condensed it to just over 3 minutes. In fact, during the long video the video stopped recording! I then restarted the tear on a second video that showed the completion of today's marathon event in real time. 

The last time I quartered a deck of Mavs, I literally did it just before leaving to go to work and it was much easier than today's efforts. I know that cards vary in toughness but no excuses .. whatever the reason today's session was vastly different, I'm very grateful to have succeeded!
👊🦀👊FB_IMG_1656713239195.thumb.jpg.f2de287f8adf62636621d5346555dc8c.jpgFB_IMG_1656713244858.thumb.jpg.98e3bf863bfa0a14d37ca34d1711fb1b.jpg

Nice tearing... Not every day is gonna be a PR day, you showed up and killed still it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Nice tearing... Not every day is gonna be a PR day, you showed up and killed still it.

Thank you brother! It certainly was a fight but since it took skin out of me and today that area is sore as hell, I'm glad I got something out of it.🤙

On 5/29/2022 at 8:12 PM, Ole' Puller said:

Unbraced card tearing:

• Full deck of mavericks
• + 5 bicycles
• + 5 entry level cards
• 62 card tear

"I just finished a good card tearing session that wasn't the prettiest but I got through it. I used a full deck of mavs and loaded the deck with 5 bikes and 5 entry level cards that proved to be a good challenge .. very rewarding!"
👊🦀👊

IMG_20220529_121634523.thumb.jpg.9fe4d7fcfb8adef963574c89636e4178.jpg

62 cards DAMN!!! Nice work bro!! I've moved up to a whole deck, paper not laminated. They bend too easy so I might switch to a different pair of cards. I'm also expecting my training package from Cardtearing next week 💪

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

62 cards DAMN!!! Nice work bro!! I've moved up to a whole deck, paper not laminated. They bend too easy so I might switch to a different pair of cards. I'm also expecting my training package from Cardtearing next week 💪

Thanks brother! The card tearing goes well and I'm going to continue making gradual progress. You're going to really like @cardtearing set ups! They are well put together and challenging!🤙🤝🤙

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 2:19 AM, Ole' Puller said:

Thanks brother! The card tearing goes well and I'm going to continue making gradual progress. You're going to really like @cardtearing set ups! They are well put together and challenging!🤙🤝🤙

You weren't wrong! I received my training kit yesterday and went nuts with it lol.. Managed to to 25 and 30 cards half in half and tore 35 cards in half. They're definitely thicker than the cheap decks I purchased and feel better in my hand probably because of that 

• Like 3

On 7/8/2022 at 7:11 PM, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

You weren't wrong! I received my training kit yesterday and went nuts with it lol.. Managed to to 25 and 30 cards half in half and tore 35 cards in half. They're definitely thicker than the cheap decks I purchased and feel better in my hand probably because of that 

Glad you enjoyed the training brother! They are really challenging and feel differently from loose cards, I like them a lot.🤙

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 12:29 AM, Ole' Puller said:

Glad you enjoyed the training brother! They are really challenging and feel differently from loose cards, I like them a lot.🤙

They do actually feel a little better since the cheap decks bend so easily. I always end up folding them badly. These hold a little better. I wanna get to a point where I'm tearing a full deck. Best of luck! 

• Like 1

Card tearing:
• One and a half style/ 40 card tear
• Mavericks

"I did some card tearing training today and I ended the session with a 40 card one and a half style tear. The last time I did the one and a half, it was a 30 card deck so after today's session it was quite pleasing to know that I could probably go for a 45 or maybe 50 card attempt next time.
👊🦀👊

FB_IMG_1658162069824.thumb.jpg.33296f2e1a3e7a36be7f6362c2d9ee29.jpgFB_IMG_1658162076821.thumb.jpg.841d01125d4276b826128b5e10b98e3e.jpg

• Like 2