FBBC Huge Bastard bend

stranger

Got my Bone Builder Bag from FBBC the other day and took down a Bastard and a Shiney Bastard. 

Two days later I did the Huge Bastard. That crush really binds up in the 6" stock. Definitely going to do some more 6" work.

IMG_20220426_182511_805.jpg

• Like 9

The 6” bastard is a serious bend! Great work! Btw, I thought FBBC was basically dead at this point. Have they started it up again?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

The 6” bastard is a serious bend! Great work! Btw, I thought FBBC was basically dead at this point. Have they started it up again?

Thanks Wiggy! 

They still sell but I don't think they do certifications anymore. 

We should try and see if we, the community, can bring back the certs. Make it like the grip feat judging on here, voting based. 

• Like 3

On 4/27/2022 at 2:08 PM, stranger said:

Thanks Wiggy! 

They still sell but I don't think they do certifications anymore. 

We should try and see if we, the community, can bring back the certs. Make it like the grip feat judging on here, voting based. 

That could be a way to get it started again. It’s very time consuming for one person to review certs. And it might nit be something a person would want to do unless they are very passionate.

I do miss the good old days when FBBC could send international packages up to 20 lbs for very cheap. Back then it was also easier to get it through customs. Now it’s almost guaranteed the shipping will be super expensive and always get stuck at customs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 10:19 AM, David_wigren said:

That could be a way to get it started again. It’s very time consuming for one person to review certs. And it might nit be something a person would want to do unless they are very passionate.

I've long thought that a community standard, like the mash monster certs, would be a good community project. I'd like it to be a different structure than the rules for feat judging - using what I understand to be the Mash Monster system, a limited crew of reviewers who can dip in as needed and score on a white light/red light system, with the first three votes counting. We certainly have enough people to make this workable and could of course add more benders as people show their bona fides.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2022 at 5:19 PM, David_wigren said:

I do miss the good old days when FBBC could send international packages up to 20 lbs for very cheap. Back then it was also easier to get it through customs. Now it’s almost guaranteed the shipping will be super expensive and always get stuck at customs.

...good old days... I miss them too brother!

• Like 1