Lightest person certified on COC #3?

LABZSTS

It's almost been a year since I last asked, but after this short amount of time, who's the lightest person to certify recently? I'm still gunning for lightest COC 3 cert

9 hours ago, LABZSTS said:

It's almost been a year since I last asked, but after this short amount of time, who's the lightest person to certify recently? I'm still gunning for lightest COC 3 cert

How has it progressed for you?  Are you closing more than the 2 now?

Edited by Vinnie

10 hours ago, LABZSTS said:

Nobody has certified in 2023. 

https://ironmind.com/certification/captains-of-crush/whos-who-no.-3-coc/

1 minute ago, Cannon said:

I'm just waiting for the gripper to arrive, It might be a while so i hope no one jumps ahead of me XD

• Like 2

From 2022,

Burkovnikov 93kg 

Yumaguzhin 110kg

Takahashi. Weight not listed. Looks like a big dude in his official video. 

Gray. Dude is a badass. 300 lbs. 

Worley. This guy is a complete mystery. Nobody has ever seen his face. Legend says he certified with his left foot. 

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

How has it progressed for you?  Are you closing more than the 2 now?

Shiiiiiii, I'm barely at a low 2.5. The rgc is 122 (thanks @Cannon)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LABZSTS said:

That's progress!  Keep it up!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

That's progress!  Keep it up!

Any tips or advice? I almost never use chalk when training grippers. Would it help that much? 

8 minutes ago, LABZSTS said:

Any tips or advice? I almost never use chalk when training grippers. Would it help that much? 

Next gripper I'll consider is the iron adjustable gripper @Cannonsells, when available over course. If I want each setting rated, would I have to purchase 4 ratings for each adjustment? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LABZSTS said:

I've almost closed the exact same gripper, a 122 CoC 2.5 from CPW. Only difference, I weigh 195 lbs, compared to your 130 lbs. That's bonkers - you are virtually closing at bodyweight. You should feel very proud, dude. Keep it up.

You and @Tiziano Becchio are around the same weight, I believe. Would love to see both of you cert the 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi guys now i Weight 141 lb

One answer i can certs If i Will the 3.5 or i must certs before coc3 ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cannon said:

From 2022,

Burkovnikov 93kg 

Yumaguzhin 110kg

Takahashi. Weight not listed. Looks like a big dude in his official video. 

Gray. Dude is a badass. 300 lbs. 

Worley. This guy is a complete mystery. Nobody has ever seen his face. Legend says he certified with his left foot. 

This Worley guy is both formless and weightless, lurking in the space between void and aether.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, LABZSTS said:

Yes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tiziano Becchio said:

You do not have to do them in any order. You just contact IronMind about the level you want to certify. They will ask for proof you are ready for certification which--others have reported--amounts to performing an unofficial cert to their satisfaction. So if you want to go straight for the #3.5 then you need to show them a #3.5 close with the credit card where the swipe was controlled and deliberate and not rushed. The best thing to do is start by contacting them. They will give you their instructions.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Cannon said:

You do not have to do them in any order. You just contact IronMind about the level you want to certify. They will ask for proof you are ready for certification which--others have reported--amounts to performing an unofficial cert to their satisfaction. So if you want to go straight for the #3.5 then you need to show them a #3.5 close with the credit card where the swipe was controlled and deliberate and not rushed. The best thing to do is start by contacting them. They will give you their instructions.  

thanks a lot matt, i contacted them a few hours ago by mail

I await their replies.

and during the week if I get the new 3.5 maybe I'll also put some videos here in the credit card set

so if you have any advice to give me I gladly accept it

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 2:16 PM, LABZSTS said:

I use chalk when I train; sometimes if I just have a gripper or two with me and I'm not doing an actual workout, I will just do them a little without chalk because they are there and I feel like it, or I'm showing them to friends or something.  I think chalk does pretty much what it is supposed to do, by giving your hand more traction on the gripper so it doesn't slip as much and you feel more in control of the close.  Obviously working hard with or without chalk, you will still improve, but you will likely find that your closes with chalk tend to be a little better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tiziano Becchio said:

You could even start with the COC 4, if you wanted, for COC certs, although there would be no real reason to do the 3 if you did the 3.5.  Same with GHP7-10.  The cert where you have to go in order is the Mash Monster, where you have to start with MM1 and do each successive one in order before the next.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

You could even start with the COC 4, if you wanted, for COC certs, although there would be no real reason to do the 3 if you did the 3.5.  Same with GHP7-10.  The cert where you have to go in order is the Mash Monster, where you have to start with MM1 and do each successive one in order before the next.

ok perfect thank you very much, I have already contacted ironmind, to get info on the procedures,

yes indeed I made gm grippeemania .ru

which has the same procedure as monster mash but choose the level , i did 86.5 kg but i am recovering from an injury i would like to do monster mash but i would spend too much money 🤣

too bad you can't choose the level even in mash monster

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Tiziano Becchio said:

i did 86.5 kg but i am recovering from an injury 

This is exactly why you'll hear many of us "old timers" recommend going ahead and doing the #3 cert.  Then the #3.5.  Then eventually the #4 if your hands don't disintegrate into dust.  One day you're closing big grippers and a month later - if the injury is bad enough, you'll wish you had done the cert when you were physically able.  I think you are still young enough that you'll recover from this injury.  And probably a few more along the way.  But the harsh reality is that time and injuries slow us all down.  So get it while the getting is good.  Seize the day.  All that stuff.  

Edited by Mashmonster268
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys i dont know if i can be the lightest person ti certs coc3 

But for sure on coc3.5💪😁 

@Cannon

@Vinnie

@Mashmonster268

Now Road to coc4 certs ,ghp9 certs

And other certs stuff.

Screenshot_2023-05-11-19-42-57-35.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-11-12-18-47-27~2.jpg

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, Tiziano Becchio said:

But for sure on coc3.5💪😁 

@Cannon

@Vinnie

@Mashmonster268

And other certs stuff.

Congratulations!!! Im still 134-136, so I hope I get there sooner. I'll be there like you eventually!

lloyd-300x300-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tiziano Becchio said:

But for sure on coc3.5💪😁 

@Cannon

@Vinnie

@Mashmonster268

And other certs stuff.

This is the kind of demonstration that means a lot, in my opinion.  Congratulations and good luck at the next cert!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Tiziano Becchio said:

But for sure on coc3.5💪😁 

@Cannon

@Vinnie

@Mashmonster268

And other certs stuff.

@Tiziano BecchioGreat work man!!!  That's how you do it!  I'm truly glad you accomplished this.  Super impressive at your bodyweight.  Very cool to be the lightest.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Serious question @Tiziano Becchio can you dunk a basketball on a 10ft rim? Can you jump really high? 

good question

at the oratory I touched the basket by jumping but I never dunked with the ball

Why? CNS activation?