2022 US Grip Sport National Championship - 6/18/22

Jedd Johnson

US Grip Sport National Championship

Date: 6/18/22

Entry Form:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hCYI7uz3A_Dge1T-w6T2z4Nokt86-GR5/view?usp=sharing

My goal is to make this event the biggest US Grip Championship ever.

It will be held in a "festival" style venue, as part of at the very least an Arm Wrestling tournament, and possibly a Strict Curl, and by the time we get to it, there could be even more. So get ready to have a great time in an awesome environment of strength.

I'm also planning my event to be 2 days - with the normal type of National Championship contest on Day 1, and then on Day 2 the plan is to hold the first qualifier for the new grip season, as well as a Championship for Arm Wrestlers, Military/Police/First Responders, which includes women's divisions for both. Day 2 will most likely involve the Crane Scale to be able to put as many people through it as possible.

Entry Form and other info to come.

Thanks again!

Jedd

• Like 6

I'm really excited for this. I'm working my butt off to qualify. 

• Like 2

I am so psyched to be competing this year. Been training my butt off and can't wait to go up against these great competitors. 

• Like 3

I’ll be there Jedd 

• Like 3

Entry form is near completion!

• Like 2

I plan to attend.  I haven't trained anything in months and probably won't be able to before then, except that I will at least try to beef up my block set gripper close to where it was last time I did that event.

• Like 2

Just now, Vinnie said:

I plan to attend.  I haven't trained anything in months and probably won't be able to before then, except that I will at least try to beef up my block set gripper close to where it was last time I did that event.

Well, or better of course.  But I don't want to lose ground on it, that's for sure.

• Like 2

Someday I'd like to try to attend events like this...I'll probably die first... But at least i'll die trying!

On 4/13/2022 at 2:48 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

Someday I'd like to try to attend events like this...I'll probably die first... But at least i'll die trying!

Wish you would.  I went to one just a couple of months after finding out about the gripboard and never looked back -- been to maybe 10-15 since.  So much fun.  Even won $125 once!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Wish you would.  I went to one just a couple of months after finding out about the gripboard and never looked back -- been to maybe 10-15 since.  So much fun.  Even won $125 once!

I'm trying. Work just controls my life.

• Like 1

Here is the link to the Entry Form:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hCYI7uz3A_Dge1T-w6T2z4Nokt86-GR5/view?usp=sharing

I had to use Google Docs, because I'm having some difficulties uploading to my site, but this should work fine.

Please print and return the first two pages.

The order for the first event will be the Reverse Order of entries received.

I will keep an updated list of entries received, here:

Jedd Johnson
Josh Culpepper
Vinnie Rivellese
Nick Spencer
Pat Maizels
Vickie Spencer
Jason Dingey
Melissa Dingey
Vincent James Rivellese
Chez
Tim Butler
Nick Sanders
Lucas Raymond
Evan Norton
Zach Mullins
Bryan Murphy
Clint Ziegler
Charles Strange

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Here is the link to the Entry Form:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hCYI7uz3A_Dge1T-w6T2z4Nokt86-GR5/view?usp=sharing

I had to use Google Docs, because I'm having some difficulties uploading to my site, but this should work fine.

Form completed and sent!  I'm in.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.  Just a reminder on the Early Bird registration deadline of May 21, 2022.  It's $60 up to that date and then it goes up afterwards.

I have plans to buy prizes for all the weight class champions, but I can't do that until I know who is coming.  Up until now, I have received ONE entry.

Thanks.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2022 at 1:11 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

Hey everyone.  Just a reminder on the Early Bird registration deadline of May 21, 2022.  It's $60 up to that date and then it goes up afterwards.

I have plans to buy prizes for all the weight class champions, but I can't do that until I know who is coming.  Up until now, I have received ONE entry.

Thanks.

I sent my form in first but didn't pay yet.  Doing that now.

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

I sent my form in first but didn't pay yet.  Doing that now.

Done.

• Like 1

Got it!

• Like 1

9 Days to go for early bird deadline.

I'm putting in the order for the 2 BIG main prizes for the comp today.

Trust me, you DO NOT want to miss this comp.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2022 at 9:57 AM, NealB said:

I'm really excited for this. I'm working my butt off to qualify. 

Haven't seen a registration for you, or qualification videos. Are you still planning to compete?

On 4/19/2022 at 1:01 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

Here is the link to the Entry Form:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hCYI7uz3A_Dge1T-w6T2z4Nokt86-GR5/view?usp=sharing

Josh Culpepper
Vinnie Rivellese

Also sent in the entry for my son (age 15).  He's participating in this as a gift to me for Father's Day.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Competitor list has been updated.

• 2 weeks later...

The ladies 20 MM gripper winner I will give $50. In men's division 20 MM grippers, $25 to each athlete who closes gripper rated 160 or higher. All the best!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

The ladies 20 MM gripper winner I will give $50. In men's division 20 MM grippers, $25 to each athlete who closes gripper rated 160 or higher. All the best!

Holy cow man, that's totally awesome of you.  Thank you!

• Like 2

Big Announcement regarding what's up for grabs at Nationals!

• Like 6

@Jedd Johnson is the day 2 confirmed and if so what are the events?

Also, those belts are sick broooottthhheeererrr!!!!!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 3:34 PM, Kluv#0 said:

That is pretty awesome.  Would be even more awesome if I was at my peak, when I could have done that lol.  I will enjoy trying (I will take one stab at it even if I miss lower, just to say I tried).

• Like 3