Strength of Titanium?

Cannon

Strength of Titanium?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should we push the average of Titanium from 175 to 180?

• YES, make them harder on average!
    • NO, leave Titanium alone.

This poll is closed to new votes

In general, Titanium is not selling that well at 175 average. There is more overlap than we wanted with IM 3.5 and GHP 8. We are thinking about asking our craftsmen to push them into the 180s. There is room to change the mount. 

My general question is What do you think about that?

• Like 7

All I know is that my Titanium Rgc175 was no less Brutal than my NavalRanks: Vice Admiral Rgc181, which felt harder than my CoC3.5 181.

Both NavalRanks and Titanium I only 99.9% closed.

I'm not sure the direction I would say Titanium should be modified, but its top quality for sure!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best would be to just add another element :D

Standard grippers should be standard, not just fillers in my opinion.

• Like 4

I agree standard grippers are of a quality that they should hold their own. I think the problem faced is that by the time you reach that rgc you are looking to cert grippers so people would more push for the two other brands.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Best would be to just add another element

Chromium is available but is technically a "harder" metal than Tungsten.  

• Like 2

I would say that the 180s are a much harder to fill gap nowadays due to modern CoC3.5s being 160-175 at most, and new GHP8's covering the high-170s range. There are usually only GripGenies 6 and HeavyGrips 350 in the 180s, but those are not the standard spec to be comparable to CoCs GHPs and Tettings. So having Titanium in the 180s could be a very nice idea! :)

• Like 5

Just now, Alexander Koss said:

I would say that the 180s are a much harder to fill gap nowadays due to modern CoC3.5s being 160-175 at most, and new GHP8's covering the high-170s range. There are usually only GripGenies 6 and HeavyGrips 350 in the 180s, but those are not the standard spec to be comparable to CoCs GHPs and Tettings. So having Titanium in the 180s could be a very nice idea! :)

This is a good summary of why we are asking :flowers:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Cannon said:

A Standard Gripper in crazy RGC ranges for Chestcrushing would probably be insanely cool. After the disappearance of Tettings there are only GHP10s in high ranges at this moment! As a Gripper fan, you've got to appreciate the aesthetics of such grippers :D

• Like 2

Am I the only one who misses those? :D

3dxrJDo.thumb.jpg.94c01bfcb95c2942c6c7134770f4530f.jpg

Edited by Alexander Koss
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I like this idea. Add another gripper which will be harder like 200-205 average which would be a lightish coc 4

40 minutes ago, Cannon said:

There's plenty of elements and you can use, just swap the order. Iridium and Osmium are pretty dense :D 

Name the hardest gripper "Adamantium" :D 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Rhodium Rh could be the option the same scale of hardness rating as Titanium but different.

Or as its the same but a different mount you could class it as Grade 5 Titanium

FoR grippers did a 7+ to bridge a gap.

• Like 1

It's out of my strength range now, but sounds like a reasonable idea. 

If adding a new gripper, Rhenium (Re) is between titanium and tungsten on the Mohs hardness scale, one of the rarest metals on Earth. 

• 1 month later...

Well how would I get a titanium gripper? 

53 minutes ago, Cannon said:

To be clear, it’s the name not what it’s made of. 

https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/titanium

Ah ok thank you. Then my other question would be if the rating is accurate or their own rating system. Like is the 175 lbs it's RGC or not?

10 hours ago, LABZSTS said:

Ah ok thank you. Then my other question would be if the rating is accurate or their own rating system. Like is the 175 lbs it's RGC or not?

Yes. Ratings data here. https://cannonpowerworks.com/pages/grip-strength-ratings-data

175 is in the strike zone for these. Very easy to find. In fact, if you order one soon, I can guarantee 175. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cannon said:

Yes. Ratings data here. https://cannonpowerworks.com/pages/grip-strength-ratings-data

175 is in the strike zone for these. Very easy to find. In fact, if you order one soon, I can guarantee 175. 

Hell yeah. You guys helped a lot! Unfortunate I've only closed grippers at RGCs of 116lbs. Still got a long way for me.

• 8 months later...
On 3/2/2022 at 5:00 PM, Alex K said:

I would say that the 180s are a much harder to fill gap nowadays due to modern CoC3.5s being 160-175 at most, and new GHP8's covering the high-170s range. There are usually only GripGenies 6 and HeavyGrips 350 in the 180s, but those are not the standard spec to be comparable to CoCs GHPs and Tettings. So having Titanium in the 180s could be a very nice idea!

Yeah. Cobalt is around 165 lb, Tungsten is 195 lb; 180 is right in the middle.

Edited by josé adalton
edit

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, josé adalton said:

@Cannon They will be the same specs or will be modified the depth/coil in the new batch?

Well, good question. This entire range just isn't very popular. Like 170 to 185. Any grippers in that range usually take a little longer to sell. 

We could aim for 180 maybe. 

• Like 2

Could be more beneficial to push the Titanium into the 180s/low 190s, and push Tungsten into the upper 190s/low 200s, since anything 197-208 seems to be one of the rarest gaps in grippers. I haven't found any grippers ranging 197-208 really.

@Cannon

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared P said:

Could be more beneficial to push the Titanium into the 180s/low 190s, and push Tungsten into the upper 190s/low 200s, since anything 197-208 seems to be one of the rarest gaps in grippers. I haven't found any grippers ranging 197-208 really.

@Cannon

Tungsten can’t get any harder. It’s already essentially flush mounted. Titanium on the other hand had some room. We could do another spring for something above Tungsten and call it Chromium. And yeah, we’d angle for 200-205. It would probably actually need to be a slightly different Tungsten spring. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Tungsten can’t get any harder. It’s already essentially flush mounted. Titanium on the other hand had some room. We could do another spring for something above Tungsten and call it Chromium. And yeah, we’d angle for 200-205. It would probably actually need to be a slightly different Tungsten spring. 

Will Standard Grippers be here to stay, or just until the prior spring supply runs out?

• Like 1

Just now, Jared P said:

Will Standard Grippers be here to stay, or just until the prior spring supply runs out?

It's here to stay. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2