2022 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

Is the Finnish ball 1 1/2 or 2 3/8? I'm assuming 1 1/2 but figured I'd ask on here first. 

Screenshot_20220210-172055.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stranger said:

Is the Finnish ball 1 1/2 or 2 3/8? I'm assuming 1 1/2 but figured I'd ask on here first. 

Screenshot_20220210-172055.png

1 1/2”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guys, Arto Joronen is looking to bring actual Finnish Balls to the Arnold. Who is interested in getting the actual one? Please post here. He can easily bring like 20 of them. Price is 35 Euros. I'll leave the conversation to you.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Guys, Arto Joronen is looking to bring actual Finnish Balls to the Arnold. Who is interested in getting the actual one? Please post here. He can easily bring like 20 of them. Price is 35 Euros. I'll leave the conversation to you.

I'm interested. Can't make it to the Arnold though. Are you trying to ship them locally or something? 

On 2/11/2022 at 10:33 PM, stranger said:

I'm interested. Can't make it to the Arnold though. Are you trying to ship them locally or something? 

I'm open to helping out.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2022 at 2:06 PM, Climber028 said:

If we were measuring grip strength we would all just use a hand dynamometer and see who gets the highest, but that is not the goal. The goal of a competition is to win, and that doesn't always mean being the strongest even in a strength sport. 

There's a ton of things that go into competing that have nothing to do with how strong you are. What is the right way to warm up, how do you choose your opening weight, how to manage attempts, how big of a jump to make, how do you chalk your hands, what did you eat before the competition. None of those have anything to do with how hard you can squeeze your hands, but if you don't have a plan for them you will perform very poorly. 

This is where I feel I excel over many competitors; I may not be the strongest but I will maximize my potential to lift as much as possible by improving texture, lifting technique, diet/hydration; things that others have not taken the time to include into their training or preparation but I view as super important on contest day. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lone Wolf said:

Lucas Raymond was selling the original one last year

All out of inventory and making zero profit on them I wont be doing it this year...too much other stuff to worry about now that I have a 5 month old baby.

• Like 5

Yes definitely too much variance for grippers. Also, hosting a KK-comp is already very expensive! With grippers it would become even more expensive. That's also something to take in to consideration.

I think that Silver Bullet could be done however. But we would probably need someone like Cannon to source the grippers, or someone else with access to many grippers. To find grippers in the same range, with the same handle spread. It would be a bit tricky but it's doable if you have time to do so. It doesn't need to happen next year, it can happen anytime in the future. So if you have a few years of time to prepare, it should be possible to find enough grippers that are identical enough.

On 2/10/2022 at 2:34 PM, Climber028 said:

I can get behind this, it's much easier to make a consistent tension spring compared to a torsion spring.

Thing is, the springs he sells varies a lot. Just like any springs or steel does. It can be a huge difference. Every spring needs to be rated.

14 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Thing is, the springs he sells varies a lot. Just like any springs or steel does. It can be a huge difference. Every spring needs to be rated.

Absolutely, I just mean when manufacturing a batch of springs, the tension springs will have a smaller variance than a torsion spring due to how they are made. 

1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

All out of inventory and making zero profit on them I wont be doing it this year...too much other stuff to worry about now that I have a 5 month old baby.

Sorry to here that I ended up buying both the trainer and the real one from you last year 

On 2/11/2022 at 10:33 PM, stranger said:

I'm just passing it on, basically.

I'm not opposed to helping, I just don't want to take an L on shipping or anything.

Also, I don't get on here much. We would need to communicate over email.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, lone Wolf said:

Glad I don’t have to buy anything this year 😎

Hey Robert! I have not seen you at Haugen's place since 2019! Hopefully both of us will be there in 2022. 👍

• 1 month later...

I added the list of confirmed venues to the first post in this thread. There will be many more venues -- these are just the ones that have already confirmed. If you know that you will be hosting a venue, just let me know and I'll update the list. If you're potentially interested in hosting a venue and would like to receive the promoter information package, please contact me via private message or by email (eroussin@rogers.com).

• Like 2

Hi there,

What would one need to do, to host a this contest?  I am in the process of getting all the kit together so we can run one.

Thomas

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thomas Claxton said:

Hi there,

What would one need to do, to host a this contest?  I am in the process of getting all the kit together so we can run one.

Thomas

Email sent. :)

• Like 1

VENUE ADDED!

Thomas Claxton will be hosting a King Kong Venue at PTC Macarthur, a strongman gym in Minto, NSW, Australia!

• Like 3

VENUE ADDED!

Harri Tolonen will be hosting a King Kong Venue in Järvenpää, Finland!

Six months out and already up to 16 confirmed venues, with many more to come! This will be the year we break the 300 entry barrier!

• Like 2

VENUE ADDED!

Once again, Joel Dircks will be hosting a King Kong venue in Woodbury, Minnesota!

• Like 2

VENUE ADDED!

Tim Butler and Chez will be hosting a King Kong venue in New Jersey (exact location TBA)!

18 venues and counting!

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

VENUE ADDED!

For the first time, the International King Kong Grip Challenge is coming to South America! Bruno Gonzalez Andrés and Oscar Celis will be hosting a venue in Santiago, Chile!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

VENUE ADDED!

For the first time, the International King Kong Grip Challenge is coming to South America! Bruno Gonzalez Andrés and Oscar Celis will be hosting a venue in Santiago, Chile!

• Haha 4