Bud Jeffries passing

John McCarter

If you're a fan, friend, follower of Bud Jeffries, his wife announced on Facebook today that Bud passed yesterday.

My condolences goes out to her and what she's going through.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

Thats terrible news, making me sick to my stomach.  My condolences go out to his family. I never met Bud, but he was a big inspiration. RIP

• Like 4

Thanks for posting. I doubt I would have heard about it if you had not have done so.

My son and I met him the very first time we went to AOBS (2005). The night before, four guys from the gripboard had some snacks and drinks, then went into the parking lot and played with a then-recently revived strength gadget called Kettlebells. He was a performer the next night, and my son was one of a dozen guys on a specially built table for a back lift Bud did. Great person, good man.

Left us way too soon. My condolences to his family.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Ugh that's terrible, doesn't even feel like he was that old. Never lucky enough to meet him but have seen a lot of his stuff over the years and this is a big loss for the strength community. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

So sad! He is not that old. :(

I believe he was 50.   He amazed me more than anyone else i've ever seen. He continued to get better with age. Not only did he put up huge lifts. The guy could do 1 arm pushups and all sorts of crazy stuff thats hard for people half his weight and half his age.  Perfect example of it you want it, its yours... No ego either, just seemed like a great man who wanted to help others.   

I feel terrible for his wife, lost their son a few years back and now this. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Saw it on Instagram somewhere, think Jedd posted about it. What a shame. This month has been just terrible. Bud a few days ago, also lost a friend of mine, athlete and coach. And we got an old Strongman and wrestling legend with severe stroke in intensive care. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Saw it on Instagram somewhere, think Jedd posted about it. What a shame. This month has been just terrible. Bud a few days ago, also lost a friend of mine, athlete and coach. And we got an old Strongman and wrestling legend with severe stroke in intensive care. 

Who is in the intensive care?

5 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Who is in the intensive care?

George Tromaras... 

RIP - way too early... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1