Differences between wrestling and armwrestling

Karl

I saw some good arguments on the other thread regards these sports and tend to agree with the fella Dylan. As a former wrestler, armwrestling to me is more fun and traditionally was a quick and direct trial of strength( of some description). It settled the score quickly. I can see the advantages of different types of armwrestling comps and support whatever draws the crowds, but I am not such a big fan of the strap, stalling and the peasants move. 

As to full wrestling, some were calling it a strength and power sport and this is true. But you need to develope it under the pressures of anearobic endurance and isometric loading. Conditioning is huge, whole body endurance.  People join up full contact sports worried about the violence aspect at first eg getting punched or dumped on their head for the first time etc. But the real challenge is  fitness -coming back for the second session after the first had you vomiting. Wrestling moves dont usually hurt you. Even big throws, unless a spectacular suplex or a nasty gut wrench hurt your pride more than anything. The pain is the lactic and cardio exhaustion. It feels like grabbing an 80lb rock and running uphill a mile. Whether your arms, legs,  lungs or willpower fall down first is the question

Now boxing on the other hand feels like sprinting 50 yards, doing 50 pushups, jogging 50 yards... between two lines of people randomly hitting you. :D

Edited by Karl