DevilErik's Training Log

DevilErik

Update on my Ivanko:

I finally found the issue.

I have to push the handle just a tad to the right this "untightens" the spring which allows me to get my hand into position.

This means that I can also do my usual warm up which is going to help me big time.

I am going to conquer this gripper tomorrow!!!!

Also I discovered that I am still not able to set a gripper properly I am just simply not strong enough to set the gripper with 1 hand.

I actually have to squeeze the gripper and set it at the same time which means that it is impossible to position my hands correctly.

I could probably close the highest setting on my orange spring right now with a good set but it is just impossible for me to set the thing.

I am going to use my Vulcan (and probably some torsion spring grippers in the future) for negatives and I am going to get a third spring for my ivanko.

I am going to wait until I am strong enough to no set close a no.3 and I am going to certify that way.

The Ivanko has direct carry over to my torsion spring no set closes and torsion spring grippers are perfect for negatives because of the close being the hardest part of the range of motion.

So one rep maxes on the Ivanko and negatives with the Vulcan/Torsion spring grippers this is my game plan for the future.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

Its super to see that you're still updating your journal for us. Wishing you fortune in your goals always! :D How has  May been treating you so far?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

Its super to see that you're still updating your journal for us. Wishing you fortune in your goals always! :D How has  May been treating you so far?

I appreciate it man!

Everything is going great!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Update on my Ivanko:

I finally found the issue.

I have to push the handle just a tad to the right this "untightens" the spring which allows me to get my hand into position.

This means that I can also do my usual warm up which is going to help me big time.

I am going to conquer this gripper tomorrow!!!!

Also I discovered that I am still not able to set a gripper properly I am just simply not strong enough to set the gripper with 1 hand.

I actually have to squeeze the gripper and set it at the same time which means that it is impossible to position my hands correctly.

I could probably close the highest setting on my orange spring right now with a good set but it is just impossible for me to set the thing.

I am going to use my Vulcan (and probably some torsion spring grippers in the future) for negatives and I am going to get a third spring for my ivanko.

I am going to wait until I am strong enough to no set close a no.3 and I am going to certify that way.

The Ivanko has direct carry over to my torsion spring no set closes and torsion spring grippers are perfect for negatives because of the close being the hardest part of the range of motion.

So one rep maxes on the Ivanko and negatives with the Vulcan/Torsion spring grippers this is my game plan for the future.

we are waiting! Did you close it?

Its funny how hands are so different. You are way stronger at grippers and your hands are huge, but setting the Vulcan hasn't been much of an issue for me.. COC's on the other hand,... I know I could close a 1.5 and have a good shot at a 2 if i could set them properly.  I'm not aggressively training grippers right now, but I am making slow and steady progress with the Vulcans... 

Still no excuse, some day I will close a COC 3... 

47 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

we are waiting! Did you close it?

Its funny how hands are so different. You are way stronger at grippers and your hands are huge, but setting the Vulcan hasn't been much of an issue for me.. COC's on the other hand,... I know I could close a 1.5 and have a good shot at a 2 if i could set them properly.  I'm not aggressively training grippers right now, but I am making slow and steady progress with the Vulcans... 

Still no excuse, some day I will close a COC 3... 

Hahahah no man I am going to eat something and then I am going to smash it!

It really is there are people with huge hands that have no problem doing DS and MMS while I struggle with it big time.

There are grippers I can no set that I can't even budge trying to set them lol.

You can probably already close a no.2 it's probably your set.

The Vulcan is awesome man the orange spring has great carry over to TSG's.

You will man just be patient.

• Like 3

I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF MY TRAINING BUT WHO CARESSS I CLOSED IT YESSSSSSSSSSSSS BOOOYAAAAAH MOTHERF*CKER 180 LBS RGC AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF MY TRAINING BUT WHO CARESSS I CLOSED IT YESSSSSSSSSSSSS BOOOYAAAAAH MOTHERF*CKER 180 LBS RGC AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

great news man! I knew you would.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

great news man! I knew you would.

Man I am over the moon!

When I first got this gripper it took me 9 months to close the setting below this one which ended up being a lucky one.

I got injured and just couldn't climb back up anymore I wasted months doing attempts and I was just feeling weak.

This injury lingered for like 2 years and I often felt like quitting grippers and grip in general all together because of this.

After trying to forget everything and moving on and literally resetting to the setting  where I started the very first day I ever touched a gripper (6,9) I discovered negatives and they have given me back all of my strength + 8 lbs RGC.

I started doing negatives on the 18th of March this year and I climbed 88 lbs RGC in less than 2 months.

So now I can say that I conquered this gripper in 2 months instead of me closing 1 setting below this one in 9 months.

Edited by DevilErik
MANY typo's
  • Like 2

GOOD JOB

Hard work pays off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John Knowlton said:

GOOD JOB

Hard work pays off

Thanks John I appreciate it!!!!

37 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Congrats on the massive crush!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Congrats on the massive crush!

Thanks for the continued support man I really appreciate it!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

Congrats, huge achievement! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, matek said:

Congrats, huge achievement! 

Thanks man I really appreciate it!

Here's to smashing every single goal we have this year!!!!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Man I am over the moon!

When I first got this gripper it took me 9 months to close the setting below this one which ended up being a lucky one.

I got injured and just couldn't climb back up anymore I wasted months doing attempts and I was just feeling weak.

This injury lingered for like 2 years and I often felt like quitting grippers and grip in general all together because of this.

After trying to forget everything and moving on and literally resetting to the setting  where I started the very first day I ever touched a gripper (6,9) I discovered negatives and they have given back me all of my strength + 8 lbs RGC.

I started doing negatives on the 18th of March this year and I climbed 88 lbs RGC in less than 2 months.

So now I can say that I conquered this gripper in 2 months instead of me closing 1 setting below this in 9 months.

Life is like a wave, up and down..... You never  get anywhere unless you keep pushing forward which you have. The strength to push forward and through is greater than closing any gripper or bending any nail or lifting any weight.  Thats what I live by. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Life is like a wave, up and down..... You never  get anywhere unless you keep pushing forward which you have. The strength to push forward and through is greater than closing any gripper or bending any nail or lifting any weight.  Thats what I live by. 

Amen man.

Thanks for the continued support I really appreciate it!

• Like 1

Today's session:

Grippers+Wrists

Ivanko Super Gripper:

Warming up:

(1,3)-(1,5)-(1,7)-(1,8)-(1,9)-(1,10)

One rep max:

(10,12) 180 LBS RGC CLOSEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I conquered the Ivanko woooohooooooo!

I tore my hand yesterday I was fixing my ivanko and I kept rubbing my hand without chalk against the seasoned back of the gripper which acted like sandpaper destroying my skin.

I tore my hand again on my max but I really don't care.

I didn't do any Vulcan negatives because I have a band aid on my hand which doesn't allow me to use chalk.

I really don't want to use the Vulcan without chalk doing negatives without chalk will  probably make the Vulcan slide and could potientally injure me very badly.

Wrists:

I couldn't do everything because my hammer has knurling and it would tear my skin through the band aid.

Plate curl: 10 kg

Reverse plate curl: 10 kg

Sledge choke front+rear

Rolling handle thumbless deadlift: 40 kg

Rolling handle reverse curl: 30 kg

Recovery:

Golden grip 100 lbs gripper:

3x failure

Extensor "bucket" with gloves on:

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Awesome man. Very strong crush 💪

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Awesome man. Very strong crush 💪

Thanks man I appreciate it!

Today's session:

2 HP+Thickbar

60mm pinch block:

10 kg

20 kg

30 kg

40 kg

60mm rolling handle:

10 kg

20 kg

30 kg

40 kg

Recovery:

My hand is still recovering from the skin tear so I decided to grab my Vulcan for my recovery.

Vulcan V2 Orange Spring: 2-2

3x failure

Extensor "bucket"

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 6

I'm so jealous. I  still can't do anything physical,  due to eye surgery... i'm going out of my mind.  Next week I can do light stuff, but for the next month, I can't go hard and i was on such a good run.

That is one thing I I dont think I've experienced yet is a skin tear. I honestly feel like i'm  missing out or doing something wrong. But I wonder if years of manual labor have toughened my skin up so much, they are harder to tear.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I'm so jealous. I  still can't do anything physical,  due to eye surgery... i'm going out of my mind.  Next week I can do light stuff, but for the next month, I can't go hard and i was on such a good run.

That is one thing I I dont think I've experienced yet is a skin tear. I honestly feel like i'm  missing out or doing something wrong. But I wonder if years of manual labor have toughened my skin up so much, they are harder to tear.

I understand that man it sucks that you can't go hard atm.

This is actually my very first skin tear on the palm of my hand I usually tear my fingers.

I was being a dumbass rubbing the back of my gripper against my hand because I was messing around with the gripper one day before attempting my max.

The chalk layer on my gripper got so hard that it now feels like it has the texture of a brick so rubbing your hand against it hurts like hell.

It was all worth it though and I am almost completely healed now so it's fine.

The webbing of your hand is super easy to tear on pinch lifts like even 25 kg is enough to tear my webbing but other than that I usually don't get skin tears.

Like I said I was being a dumbass but it was definitely worth it.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I understand that man it sucks that you can't go hard atm.

This is actually my very first skin tear on the palm of my hand I usually tear my fingers.

I was being a dumbass rubbing the back of my gripper against my hand because I was messing around with the gripper one day before attempting my max.

The chalk layer on my gripper got so hard that it now feels like it has the texture of a brick so rubbing your hand against it hurts like hell.

It was all worth it though and I am almost completely healed now so it's fine.

The webbing of your hand is super easy to tear on pinch lifts like even 25 kg is enough to tear my webbing but other than that I usually don't get skin tears.

Like I said I was being a dumbass but it was definitely worth it.

Your only a dumbass if you make the same mistake twice. 

here is one. If you ever go to swing a sledge hammer, do a couple practice swings on whatever object is. They can and do  and will bounce back. Luckily my wrist hit my face and not the sledge. I actually made that mistake twice but I had good reflexes second time. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Your only a dumbass if you make the same mistake twice. 

here is one. If you ever go to swing a sledge hammer, do a couple practice swings on whatever object is. They can and do  and will bounce back. Luckily my wrist hit my face and not the sledge. I actually made that mistake twice but I had good reflexes second time. 

I don't like swinging my sledge I only like it for wrist exercises but thanks for the tip haha.

Damn man be careful.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

Today's session:

Grippers+1 HP+Wrists

Vulcan V2:

Warming up:

1-1/2-2/3-3/4-4

1 no set single:

8-8

I decided to attempt a no set again.

I nearly closed it but the Vulcan slid which made me miss.

I ended up closing it "around" my fingers which can cause joint pain so I am not going to attempt this again.

3 negatives:

10-10 PR!

60mm pinch block:

10 kgx8

15 kgx5

17,50 kgx3

20 kgx1

23,75 kgx1

I kept missing singles in training but I have finally found my training max for 1 HP.

This method of ramping up to a max feels great!

Wrists: Sledgehammer+plate+60mm rolling handle

Plate wrist curl: 10 kg

Plate reverse wrist curl: 10 kg

60 mm rolling handle thumbless wrist curl: 32,50 kg (PR!)

My wrist curl is getting strong FAST!.

6 kg Sledgehammer:

Radial deviation

Ulnar deviation

Pronation

Supination

Circumduction

Recovery:

Vulcan V2 Orange spring:

2-2

3x failure

Extensor"bucket":