Gods of Grip

John Knowlton

11 hours ago, Ryroza said:

That dude is beastly. I subbed to his channel recently 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ryroza said:

The bro In this vid told me it felt harder than 175 bc of thicker handles. I will send my 7 to get rated when it arrives 

Thats a real heavy level. Let us know once you have it rated. Ive never tried a thicker handle gripper before. It did feel different in the hand.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

That dude is beastly. I subbed to his channel recently 

He is indeed. Very strong. Same here. I also subbed to yours as well.  I Thought i already had terry lol.

• Thanks 1

Closed the 5 RGC 117lbs/53kg straight away.

Note this is a Peg legged gripper so uneven mount. This was the longer handle in fingers. I was 1-2mm away in the other way around. Ive trained grip everyday this week so ill get it the harder way around next week no problem.

20220203_071040.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Nice work.

Thanks. The thicker 20mm handles feel different but good.

That’s cool . I will try to con my Wife into buying them for for my Birthday.

• Like 1

I never tried the Gods of Grip.  Robert Baraban grippers also have thicker handles.  I don't mind them but it feels a little off from regular size, and I didn't incorporate them into training.  I think I sold the few Barabans I had to Matt Cannon in a batch of grippers I didn't use so he could resell them.  But I have smallish hands.  Some folks might like the feeling of more substance being crushed.

Congrats on the progress!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

That’s cool . I will try to con my Wife into buying them for for my Birthday.

Haha good stuff.

25 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I never tried the Gods of Grip.  Robert Baraban grippers also have thicker handles.  I don't mind them but it feels a little off from regular size, and I didn't incorporate them into training.  I think I sold the few Barabans I had to Matt Cannon in a batch of grippers I didn't use so he could resell them.  But I have smallish hands.  Some folks might like the feeling of more substance being crushed.

Congrats on the progress!

Ive only used it once but i like the thicker handles. The spread is narrow at 63mm what is good as well as i struggle setting really wide grippers. My CPW standard Platninum is a crazy 82mm wide at only 119lbs RGC. I actually find my coc 2.5 at 126lbs easier as its a normal 74mm.

Thanks, i was meant to be resting today as ive trained grip all week but couldnt wait any longer. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

If you're outside of UK (like me), and wanted an Elite gripper this is a good time to buy: free international shipping on the Elite hand grippers from Gods of Grip. Mine is already shipped.

• Like 1

A good time to get them

• 2 weeks later...

My ESG #6 has arrived. It comes with a pouch and a small catalog of the Elite Series Grippers. 

Aesthetics: I think it looks good, and I like the stamp on the handles. 

Spread: 63mm/2.48". I really don't mind this, actually I'm grateful it's not that wide. 

Handle diameter: 20mm/0.79". Small difference compared to the "normal" US grippers, but noticeable. I don't really have an opinion on this yet. 

Knurling: It's okay, but I really prefer the super sharp Standard or GHP knurling 

Unlike @mcalpine1986's gripper, mine has a perfect mount, no "peg leg" (last pic). 

It's not rated, but the average of RGC 157 from their site seems applicable to mine as well. I haven't tried MMSing it, but from chest crushing it I can tell I cannot close this yet. It will be a good gripper to measure my progression from my CoC#3 and GHP#7. 

esg1.jpg

esg2.jpg

esg3.jpg

esg4.jpg

Edited by matek
  • Like 2

looks like a nice gripper

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 4:39 AM, matek said:

My ESG #6 has arrived. It comes with a pouch and a small catalog of the Elite Series Grippers. 

Aesthetics: I think it looks good, and I like the stamp on the handles. 

Spread: 63mm/2.48". I really don't mind this, actually I'm grateful it's not that wide. 

Handle diameter: 20mm/0.79". Small difference compared to the "normal" US grippers, but noticeable. I don't really have an opinion on this yet. 

Knurling: It's okay, but I really prefer the super sharp Standard or GHP knurling 

Unlike @mcalpine1986's gripper, mine has a perfect mount, no "peg leg" (last pic). 

It's not rated, but the average of RGC 157 from their site seems applicable to mine as well. I haven't tried MMSing it, but from chest crushing it I can tell I cannot close this yet. It will be a good gripper to measure my progression from my CoC#3 and GHP#7. 

esg1.jpg

esg2.jpg

esg3.jpg

esg4.jpg

Awesome, They are lovely grippers and i like the narrower spread. Although my Elite 5 was peg legged GOG actually sent me a perfect replacement free of charge. 

• Like 1

We had a play with these at uk's strongest man the other day, they felt great an was impressed with the rest of the implements too.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I can’t say I’ve ever used their godlike series but I do have the elite series and I highly recommend them. The handles are slightly closer together and thicker than ironminds but the knurling is about the same. The ratings are pretty reasonable increments too so I’m using my training for the ESG6 TNS and ESG 7 block set certs to supplement my training for the CoC3 cert. My ESG ratings are below:

#5: 108lbs

#6: 145lbs

#7: 163lbs

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I was looking into the gods of grip elite 6 and 7 cause they have certs but you have to use their block which is not even available to purchase so idk what the deal is with that

The block seems to be here

And I feel like the cert rules say that the block has to be 30 mm but it doesn’t necessarily require the GoG block. I could be wrong though. 

They have a nice site. They seem to be doing a lot of good things. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cannon said:

The block seems to be here

And I feel like the cert rules say that the block has to be 30 mm but it doesn’t necessarily require the GoG block. I could be wrong though. 

They have a nice site. They seem to be doing a lot of good things. 

Oh gotcha I saw "coming soon" and now realize that was just for the picture of it but that it is actually available. I did read in the cert rules you have to use their block

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

Oh gotcha I saw "coming soon" and now realize that was just for the picture of it but that it is actually available. I did read in the cert rules you have to use their block

I don't know why they still have that picture, it's very confusing. I will mail them about this. I pointed out some problems with their product listings in the past, they are super nice people. 

Their 30mm x 10mm block is nice and looks cool. Btw if you get only one of the grippers, buy the 7, the 6 will be way too easy for you (because it's easy for me as well). I haven't tried TNSing it though. 

gogblock.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, matek said:

I don't know why they still have that picture, it's very confusing. I will mail them about this. I pointed out some problems with their product listings in the past, they are super nice people. 

Their 30mm x 10mm block is nice and looks cool. Btw if you get only one of the grippers, buy the 7, the 6 will be way too easy for you (because it's easy for me as well). I haven't tried TNSing it though. 

gogblock.jpg

I agree. I certified on the ESG 6 pretty easily with the setting block but the TNS on it is pretty tough and I haven’t been able to cert on that yet. I have pretty small hands though so I burn up a lot of energy finger walking the handle down til I can get my pinky around it 😅 the 7 is a beast but given the rgc range I’ve seen @C8Myotome will have no problem getting it. My 7 is the lowest I’ve seen at 163lbs but the highest I’ve seen was a 177lbs. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Austin Seitter said:

I agree. I certified on the ESG 6 pretty easily with the setting block but the TNS on it is pretty tough and I haven’t been able to cert on that yet. I have pretty small hands though so I burn up a lot of energy finger walking the handle down til I can get my pinky around it 😅 the 7 is a beast but given the rgc range I’ve seen @C8Myotome will have no problem getting it. My 7 is the lowest I’ve seen at 163lbs but the highest I’ve seen was a 177lbs. 

Thanks yeah I'm going to attempt the level 7 cert for giggles. Even if I get a 177 it should be pretty doable for where I'm at right now, I'm not used to big handles but it looks fun and the block looks nice. I'd prefer a a flatter single dimension block than my 20x30 cpw block anyway. And yeah the level 6 would be way too easy for me 

• Like 1