Gods of Grip

John Knowlton

I seen that gods of grip have some new grippers, 

has any one check them out

• Like 3

6 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

I seen that gods of grip have some new grippers, 

has any one check them out

Hey John I've been talking to @mcalpine1986about this on his training log(he's in England) he may have some insights maybe he can chine in here. 

• Like 3

I was also curious if the springs are still a reskin of the 100-150-200-250-300-350 springs available in China? (Same as the prior line). The new handles look cool, that's for sure. I believe they are thicker than what is common, maybe kind of like the Silvis Monster Hunter handles. Would be interested to know more. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Also the gripboards @Terry Conjugate Irondid a review of the GoG grippers but they may be the older ones I'm not sure. 

That is correct. These are the Godlike grippers. The first series they made. 

I had to look it up. Wasn't aware of the Elite series they put out. Thanks for the heads up! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

I was also curious if the springs are still a reskin of the 100-150-200-250-300-350 springs available in China? (Same as the prior line). The new handles look cool, that's for sure. I believe they are thicker than what is common, maybe kind of like the Silvis Monster Hunter handles. Would be interested to know more. 

Yeah they do look thicker. I only have the first series they made. Godlike series. 

New ones look nice. 

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyHeart said:

These colors look so good together. Props to the company for the designs 

They're also not very wide which allows for decent TNS training. Unfortunately for me, the 300lbs gripper I have is VERY wide. I made a post about it on IG last year. Mine is close to 8cm wide between the handles 

So closing that might take another couple of years haha

• Like 3

So far the info I have on them:

Features:

Precision engineered handles

Meticulous knurling

Hand wound springs

Rust proof coating

Made in the UK

Assembled by the Gods Of Grip team

20mm thick

f1a5e84a65ef6476150c53e3e9299759.png.3bacfc1a3842aaec02fbd585937b886a.png

Edited by Busa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

They're also not very wide which allows for decent TNS training. Unfortunately for me, the 300lbs gripper I have is VERY wide. I made a post about it on IG last year. Mine is close to 8cm wide between the handles 

So closing that might take another couple of years haha

It reminds me of how my off brand 200, and off brand 250 are both easier and more difficult than eachother 😆 for instance, my 250 is wider, but just feels smoother to close, while the narrow 200 is more stiff but is easier to finalize with the handles meeting. they both are nice for practicing my set technique though since im not yet closing my 300 (unless I'm doing several negatives with it) 😁

You'll get there sooner or later! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Busa said:

Features:

Meticulous knurling

Hand wound springs

Rust proof coating

Made in the UK

20mm thick

The difficulty range for these reminds me a little of what I read about the ratings of HeavyGrips from Canon Powerworks, except i think some of the HG350s were higher than 175 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Busa said:

Features:

Meticulous knurling

Hand wound springs

Rust proof coating

Made in the UK

20mm thick

This isn't Tom is it? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Hey John I've been talking to @mcalpine1986about this on his training log(he's in England) he may have some insights maybe he can chine in here. 

Thanks for the shoutout. 

The older godlike Grippers i had were not the best. Just cheap generic made in china ones, i didnt like them at all and sold them. 

The new elite series are hand made in England and look fantastic. They have 20mm handles and fairly harsh knurling by the looks of it.

Ive just ordered the Elite 5 what average 120lbs RGC. Ill chime in when it arrives. 

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Elite 5 has just arrived. 

First thoughts are, Its a lovely looking gripper. Once chalked the knurling is nice and grippy, maybe on level with cocs on initial inspection but i need to try and close it first. The handles are thicker than standard at 20mm and It runs quite narrow what i like. About a 63mm spread.
I had it rated and it came in at 117lbs/53kg. It comes with a nice booklet all about the new Elites.

My only gripe is something i noticed straight away, it is peg legged. 1 handle is mounted further down so when you close it its handle ends are off by about 2mm. No big deal but kind of annoying as it will slightly affect the way it closes. Im sure they will not all be like that though. It does happen as my old coc Trainer is also peg legged but that is just a warm up gripper so i dont care. 

They are a big improvement over the previous "Godlike" range what i didnt like and sold. All in all a great gripper to add to my collection.

20220201_113621.jpg

20220201_114129.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mcalpine1986 said:

No big deal but kind of annoying as it will slightly affect the way it closes.

And the rating. If the longer leg is in your fingers it can feel easier, same as placing the rating strap on that side it will be lower. When we come across uneven mounts we usually rate them both ways and average. Then sell them as used and label them as uneven. 

• Like 3

they look real nice. 

they mite be something I get later

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

And the rating. If the longer leg is in your fingers it can feel easier, same as placing the rating strap on that side it will be lower. When we come across uneven mounts we usually rate them both ways and average. Then sell them as used and label them as uneven. 

Thank you so much. I actually messgaed you about this earlier on IG but you have answered here so just ignore the IG message.

Im not sure if they will of they rated both ways. Its annoying as for a new handmade in the UK product you would think the quality control would of been better.

How much difference to RGC would it make do you reckon? Its about a 2mm difference at closed. 

20220201_115246.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I actually messgaed you about this earlier on IG but you have answered here so just ignore the IG message.

Sorry. 😬  I really dislike those social media formats and am not very attentive to the accounts. 

That is not a huge difference actually. I would only expect a few pounds out if that. Maybe not even anything you would feel unless that gripper was exactly at your max. it gets much worse than that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Sorry. 😬  I really dislike those social media formats and am not very attentive to the accounts. 

That is not a huge difference actually. I would only expect a few pounds out if that. Maybe not even anything you would feel unless that gripper was exactly at your max. it gets much worse than that.

No worries.

I wonder if the rating really is 117lbs then? Luckily its not that bad a difference. Other than that it seems a great gripper. Knurling similar to COCs.

1 hour ago, Ryroza said:

Of the early ratings the 7 is on par with a coc 3.5 so that is a very strong close, well done 👏 did you get it rated? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Of the early ratings the 7 is on par with a coc 3.5 so that is a very strong close, well done 👏 did you get it rated? 

The bro In this vid told me it felt harder than 175 bc of thicker handles. I will send my 7 to get rated when it arrives 

• Like 2