Kettlebell exercises to improve wrist strength

Kluv#0

Cheat supination curl - 35LB kettlebell and better form pronation curls- grabbing by KB horns

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Uplift and lift heavy according to a mod here- good advice. 110 LB【𝟰𝟵.𝟵 𝗸𝗴】 Rim Hold Thumbless at end of very productive gripper/KB workout. 

Another great lift man! Wish I had such plates at my gym to try plate pinching or these rim holds...

Also the supination/pronation curl with the kettlebell looks fun, I will try it today!

Edited by matek
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matek said:

Another great lift man! Wish I had such plates at my gym to try plate pinching or these rim holds...

Also the supination/pronation curl with the kettlebell looks fun, I will try it today!

Thanks for the kind words. You would excel at the plate rim holds as you have very strong hands! Awesome to hear you are going to try the sup/pro KB curls.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am still working on the KB's and got 2 Monster KB's- 124LB and 150 last week. All my KB wrist goals have been achieved  except 1 - 36 KG 1 arm Horn Press - maybe in next month along with 100 LB Thumbless Wrist Wrench. Close on both but not playing horseshoes. Below 3 of KB wrist goals accomplished. Horizontal Wrist DL 56KG(124LB) was the hardest grip feat (for me) that I have ever done.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

I am still working on the KB's and got 2 Monster KB's- 124LB and 150 last week. All my KB wrist goals have been achieved  except 1 - 36 KG 1 arm Horn Press - maybe in next month along with 100 LB Thumbless Wrist Wrench. Close on both but not playing horseshoes. Below 3 of KB wrist goals accomplished. Horizontal Wrist DL 56KG(124LB) was the hardest grip feat (for me) that I have ever done.

Absolute madness! the wrist king is back!

• Thanks 1

Welcome back. Was wondering where you where.  Where do you get the big kbs? I don’t need one till the end of the year but I’d like. 100 and 125lber. Im training Turkish Get ups and would love to do it with 100lbs plus.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Absolute madness! the wrist king is back!

Thanks big man. All-around wrist strength Iam one of the Kings but the Emperor of wrist strength is Adam Glass.

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Welcome back. Was wondering where you where.  Where do you get the big kbs? I don’t need one till the end of the year but I’d like. 100 and 125lber. Im training Turkish Get ups and would love to do it with 100lbs plus.

Thanks. Rogue fitness is where is bought the KB’s. Since I stated the thread I have accumulated 9 more KB’s LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome back! Glad to see you kept up the good work.

Mad wrist strength/stability!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 11:02 AM, Kluv#0 said:

Michael, I’m not familiar with these wrist exercises you’re doing, but I’m sure they’re killer! I lifted an Inch dumbbell vertically and it was the most intense pressure I’ve ever felt in my wrist.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JasonD said:

Michael, I’m not familiar with these wrist exercises you’re doing, but I’m sure they’re killer! I lifted an Inch dumbbell vertically and it was the most intense pressure I’ve ever felt in my wrist.

Jason, that is a GREAT Feat! I have tried that about 2 years ago and took me about 20 attempts to get 1/2" air:( 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Jason, that is a GREAT Feat! I have tried that about 2 years ago and took me about 20 attempts to get 1/2" air:( 

Thanks buddy! It looks easy, but it ain’t! Adam T, of course, also did this recently.

• Like 1

3 PR's on the monster KB's this A.M. after nice gripper/chest workout. 150LB x 3 Wrist DL, 124LB x 8 and Left Hand 124 x 3

3rd rep was freakin battle!

nasty forerearm.png

• Like 4

Yesterday 68KG (150LB) Ulnar KB Lift- pretty darn hard. Try to keep horn level.

wild1.png

wild 2.png

Edited by Kluv#0
Added my first attempt
  • Like 4

There are so many things you can do with kettlebells I never even thought about!

Thats crazy. It looks like it works the chest a little? Does it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

There are so many things you can do with kettlebells I never even thought about!

Thats crazy. It looks like it works the chest a little? Does it?

Not much chest - ulnar deviation and fingers for sure - maybe lats worked a bit. No doubt lots of variety. Most of the wrist specific KB exercises I have done are from watching Ukraine, Russian men utilizing KB's. I did come up with idea of horizontal KB wrist DL which is a destroyer.

• 4 weeks later...

Sat 6/4/22 - 1 Arm KB Bottoms Up Floor Press 48KG (106LB) 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JasonD said:

Excellent!

Thanks Jason, I have a knack for making difficult exercises look very difficult 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Sat 6/4/22 - 1 Arm KB Bottoms Up Floor Press 48KG (106LB) 

Crazy strong!

My quote button was bugged for some reason so I wasn't able to comment earlier.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kettlebell Wrist Turns (Supination) 46 reps in 61 seconds 16KG (35LB) Fun exercise and great pump. Armwrestlers are awesome at these but especially Pronation wrist turns. 

Edited by Kluv#0
added first set
  • Like 3

Having fun with these. Level KB Radial Hold 32KG (70LB) 

• Like 5

This Page 4 will be a nice standard - no doubt. This A.M. Double Kettlebell Deadlift 56KG(124LB) 48KG(106LB) Age 55 BWT 218 

Vacation time and retired from KB's wrist craziness. Prior to this extended my Min. 315Lb bench to 39 straight years!!

beast 57.png

beast 58.png

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

This Page 4 will be a nice standard - no doubt. This A.M. Double Kettlebell Deadlift 56KG(124LB) 48KG(106LB) Age 55 BWT 218 

Vacation time and retired from KB's wrist craziness. Prior to this extended my Min. 315Lb bench to 39 straight years!!

beast 57.png

beast 58.png

Pure inspiration. I love it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

68 KG (150LB) Radial Deviation - Not too shabby for a guy past his prime- although I did compare Kong lift numbers from 2020 and 2021:) 

crazy 150.png

• Like 4