Kettlebell exercises to improve wrist strength

Kluv#0

Edited by Kluv#0
Changed title
  • Like 7

That's a great idea, i'm going to give that a go at some point. Might be a good thing to do in lieu of sledge levers once in a while.

• Like 3

I sit on a bench and place my forearms on my thighs for your 2nd exercise, that allows you to dip lower especially with a large kettlebell. These are fantastic I do maybe 3/4 of my radial deviation with a kettlebell and the rest is either a sledgehammer or a belt on the cable mahchine. I just like the thick grip of the handle better than most sledges. Tho saying that I'm now realizing I could just make a sledgehammer with a very thick handle. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

That's a great idea, i'm going to give that a go at some point. Might be a good thing to do in lieu of sledge levers once in a while.

No doubt a nice way to change training up-you will like them. Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I sit on a bench and place my forearms on my thighs for your 2nd exercise, that allows you to dip lower especially with a large kettlebell. These are fantastic I do maybe 3/4 of my radial deviation with a kettlebell and the rest is either a sledgehammer or a belt on the cable mahchine. I just like the thick grip of the handle better than most sledges. Tho saying that I'm now realizing I could just make a sledgehammer with a very thick handle. 

Yes, forearms on thighs very good way to do them. I should buy a KB in 44lb -62lb range. My 36kg and 40kg too much in that fashion. However, I do use a 26lb for warmup. 

• Like 2

I love this exercise. I do them as Climber028 suggested. Gives a great pump in the forearms. Very good and important exercise I think.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First time trying double KB wrist DL. Difficult with a capital D. Left 36KG - Right 40KG x 3. 

55.png.d3021458efc31b7f38715c8220623967.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

First time trying double KB wrist DL. Difficult with a capital D. Left 36KG - Right 40KG x 3. 

55.png.d3021458efc31b7f38715c8220623967.png

Great job dude!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 12:41 PM, Climber028 said:

You could always just use a piece of 2" PVC pipe for leverage work... that is if you just like the larger handle

Kettlebell Wrist DL 91 LB x 12 and not related to radial but tasty 25 LB steel Club 30 Second rear hold - golden evaluator of ulnar strength & condition💯

Edited by Kluv#0
Typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kettlebell Wrist Deadlift New Rogue Fitness 48 KG (106LB) aka "The Beast"   Side note- I follow a man on YT named GONZO who bottoms up press this weight x 8 easy reps!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

I follow a man on YT named GONZO

Oh, I think I know that person 🙂  He lives in Kyiv, Ukraine, too as far as I understood.

I have seen his videos too.  His bending skills impressed me a lot many years ago.

Very strong sportsman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Kettlebell Wrist Deadlift New Rogue Fitness 48 KG (106LB) aka "The Beast" 

Never tried this exercise, but it looks tough!  Good job 👍

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

Oh, I think I know that person 🙂  He lives in Kyiv, Ukraine, too as far as I understood.

I have seen his videos too.  His bending skills impressed me a lot many years ago.

Very strong sportsman.

No doubt! He truly has massive power and skill. One of the best in the world, if not the best at Kettlebell work. Scary strong!!

15 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

No doubt! He truly has massive power and skill. One of the best in the world, if not the best at Kettlebell work. Scary strong!!

I would love to smash the Like button, but I received the message "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today." 😁

• Like 1

Supination work with only a 26lb KB. I really like the feel of these. I watched Batraz T.(great steel bender) in a video doing reps with 35LB KB!!

• Like 2

48 KG(106LB) Kettlebell Wrist Deadlift x 10 - My goal when I bought "the Beast' was 10 reps! Got it in 2 wrist sessions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

My goal when I bought "the Beast' was 10 reps! Got it in 2 wrist sessions.

Goals which can be reached in a short perspective are great motivators to move our limits even further 👍 Congrats

P.S. That hanging bar scares me)) I hope it won't by chance fall down on someone. Stay safe, Michael )

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Thanks 1

Anar, that is a great motto about goals. I have accomplished most of my grip goals except that darn CoC #3.5 you destroyed:)Yes, the axle will come down most likely in next 2-3 weeks- have a weighted timed hold to accomplish. Last week, Sledgemaster Joe Sullivan  shared his concern about the axle falling down too and possible injury.

• Like 2

Horizontal Kettlebell Wrist DL 48KG(106LB) I came up with this idea last week- ulnar deviation gets to shine no doubt!

1037428891_leftnasty.jpg.6709623abe43d7b907e169e664675a35.jpg962897161_rightnasty.jpg.cfc09c19fbc932b60d42aed079a79f5e.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Horizontal Kettlebell Wrist DL 48KG(106LB) I came up with this idea last week- ulnar deviation gets to shine no doubt!

1037428891_leftnasty.jpg.6709623abe43d7b907e169e664675a35.jpg962897161_rightnasty.jpg.cfc09c19fbc932b60d42aed079a79f5e.jpg

You're strong as hell dude!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

You're strong as hell dude!

Right back at ya brother💪

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Right back at ya brother💪

Thanks man! I appreciate it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

53LB KB curls-do not know exact name but worked wrists very well. Lost 9lbs in 8 days but have been able to work on my wrists since Sunday. Today timed hold PR (174LB) IM axle thumbless and worked on these curls. Actually 35LB KB curls is better weight for me as I can do quality reps. Sunday KB wrist DL PR 111 LB x 7 below. Changed title of thread so I can toss in various wrist exercises.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JasonD said:

Michael, I was going to send you a message to see how you’re doing. I saw this first, and it looks like you’re very well.💪💪🙌

I appreciate it Jason! I have watched close to 100 Hindi movies the last 8 days, LOL

• Haha 1