Devon versus Levan is set

Florian Kellersmann

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von 1 Person und Text

• Like 1

While I was in John's corner when he pulled Devon, I am cheering for Devon at this match (always for the underdog :) ). 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Thatdude said:

Hard to say anything

but 6-0 for levan , but I don't think it will be as smooth as his 6-0s on the other guys. Maybe he'll maintain hand control to the point devon cant kings.. then it's over, but even if devon stops him it's a hard climb to pin him from there.. if Devon gets a good stop+sets a good kings then he may bleed him out enough to do something as I dont see levan winning along standoff with endurance do to his size. If you armwresltle you probably know most people overestimate levans strength/underestimate his table iq but on the same hand hes in a weight class of his own. I have a hard time thinking levan will lose and devons chances are a whole lot of ifs and that's just if he comes in at 300 pounds. What I said is just Imho of course. Rooting for devon 100%

I'm on the same page with what you said. Devon looked huge and strong against Michael Todd last year. And he's 6'5" or more, so getting up to 300lbs will definitely not hurt him. 

Levan toyed with Chaffee and I didn't expect it to be so easy. I'm a Devon fan as well simply cause I've been watching him for over a decade now. 

I just hope he at least presents an obstacle to Levan. And that he shows up healthy and big cause size will be important in this one. Not an expert though. Size isn't everything in armwrestling I know, but when you go against Levan I suppose it helps. 

As far as the king's move, if they're competing in Dubai they're not as lenient. If you remember last year against Todd, Michael couldn't sit all the way down and they did let him know during the match. Which is good. Cause we watched an interesting match instead of Todd hanging there for 4 minutes staring at his opponent. 

Whatever happens, Devons showing is going to be chaotic. Im predicting every trick in the book and a few that havent been invented yet. If I were levan I wouldnt accept any invites from strange women the night before and would probably employ a food taster in the hotel. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:15 AM, Thatdude said:

@Terry Conjugate IronYeah, they are definitely stricter on the kings move for sure which imo is good. I'm not against if it's within the rules.. I'm definitely no expert either lol. Devon can pull in more lanes than most if not all of the guys levan has beat since hes been so dominant... I guess the question is can devon get to those lanes and will he be strong enough if he does??

I wanna see him juiced up and at 300lbs at least haha... Then MAYBE he has a chance. Levan is just so strong. The technique is there as well but he doesn't really need it when most people can't even move his hand lol

On 1/20/2022 at 10:30 PM, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I wanna see him juiced up and at 300lbs at least haha... Then MAYBE he has a chance. Levan is just so strong. The technique is there as well but he doesn't really need it when most people can't even move his hand lol

Edited by Thatdude
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 7:39 AM, Karl said:

Whatever happens, Devons showing is going to be chaotic. Im predicting every trick in the book and a few that havent been invented yet. If I were levan I wouldnt accept any invites from strange women the night before and would probably employ a food taster in the hotel. :D

Edited by Thatdude
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thatdude said:

Lol imo devon could get bigger than 300?? I'm not that big lol so I dont know. vitally got a stop and chaffee did as well if if i remember.. but don't quote me on that since I'm half asleep.  Either way if devon gets a stop it's a whole other world and  that's when Levan gets in trouble lol.

The man is nearly 2 meters tall and usually very lean, I'm sure if he wanted to he could get to 300lbs haha... 

If course it's bone structure as well. The Georgian is built like a vehicle lol.. 

Yeah you're right about Laletin, don't remember about Dave.. Will have to watch it again..

On 1/21/2022 at 1:24 AM, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

The man is nearly 2 meters tall and usually very lean, I'm sure if he wanted to he could get to 300lbs haha... 

If course it's bone structure as well. The Georgian is built like a vehicle lol.. 

Yeah you're right about Laletin, don't remember about Dave.. Will have to watch it again..

Edited by Thatdude
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatdude said:

He look pretty good in round 3 and 4 but kept getting elbow fouled I think. I dont like the super strict rules they got over there lol. No fun

Were it not for the very strict rules guys like Devon would cheat the setup every single time and slip in a losing position for a restart, I think its fair for a level playing field

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thatdude said:

Its horrible to watch not to count obviously biased reffing.. this is a grip forum so it's down in everybody to be anti strap but hanging on  , slipping and straps are part of the game. I get that it's fair for competitors to have stricter rules 

But how many fans do you think watch pal over WAL?

At the moment pretty much all of them since WAL has been essentially dead since covid started, Most people have been migrating to watching WAF and KOTT

On 1/21/2022 at 4:04 AM, Jermiah Merciconah said:

At the moment pretty much all of them since WAL has been essentially dead since covid started, Most people have been migrating to watching WAF and KOTT

Edited by Thatdude

I am friends with both but I will be cheering for Devon of course as we are more friends :D But I think Levan got this 6-0 or at best 6-1. I must distinguish between who do I want to see winning VS who do I think will win based on logic. If I think otherwise I will see myself as delusional as Ryan blue Bowen and I should be added in one of his delusional Ryan Bowen series. 

• Like 2