Lots of new info for you guys.

How To Build Callouses

Apply rubbing alcohol on whatevery area of skin you want to get caloused.  Do it a few times per day.  Keep it up until they are as good as you want them.  You training should keep them in shape, if not just re-do the treatment.

Website That Sell Grip Products

-Get your kids into grip training with these toys they train grip while having some fun. (Sound like a marketing guy, hehe.)

http://www.pfot.com/hand/toc_strength.htm

Also with these weaker grippers in varying levels:

-Do'>http://www.orthobionics.com/rehab1/exercis...grips.htm

-Do

you want an ACCURATE way yo build and guage your crusing and pinch grip strength?  Well go to this site, and buy some Dynamometers, get me one too while you are at it, these things are expensive.

Medical'>http://www.wisdomking.com/line85091.html

Medical

Grip Info

http://www.worldmedicus.com/servlet/Contro...02549310000.sj/

Maybe I'll send some more stuff this way later.  I need to find it all again.  I found this stuff while at school.  I have an Independant Study class on health, and I chose to research strength training for this year.  Hehe, as an interesting side note, I am the only person in the class, alone with a computer.

Enjoy!

Michael Falkov

Guest DanMan7997

How do ya know this method of making calouses works Mike? Have you tried it your self?

Also do you think it works better than sticking your hands in sand and squeezing? I forget where I heard that one from.

D-man

I have not tried it myself, no.  I have found, through some research, that this is the method which Eric Clapton uses to build calouses.  It makes sense, it would dry out your skin, which is basically a callous.  I am not sure about sticking your hands in sand and squeezing, but that method sounds good too.  I might give it a try, but the rubbing alcohol, I will start tonight.

Michael Falkov

(Edited by Quick Grip at 8:02 pm on April 29, 2001)

I would think Eric Clapton got his calluses from playing guitar 24/7. He probably only used alcohol to keep them from getting infected when his hands started getting real raw. :)

BEn

Here is some additional info as far as purchasing a Jamar type dyno if anyone is interested:

PrimeNet.com             ๛.00

VancoMed.com            贶.00

KamedMedical.com     赧.00

ErgoScience.com         赱.00

Happy gripping...

...if you're gonna do it, over do it...

Guest GeordieSteve

Rubbing alcohol onto your fingertips is an old trick used by many acoustic guitarists. I used it myself a few years ago when I took playing more seriously and I can confirm that it DOES make a difference.

Guest Fred Cordova

Do you even want to have callouses? I keep my callouses filed down. When doing farmers walks or even deadlifts, when my callouses are too big it causes pain and makes the lift harder.