My thoughts on the arm wrestling scene these days

Tommy J.

Tommy actually speaks the truth, Michael was able to sit there with 0 exertion going on while someone as massive as Jerry Cadorette was hanging off his arm in a flop wrist press position, Michael's version of the king's move uses 0 stamina because of the way his elbow works, Like tommy said he has a bone lock going on in his elbow, Its essentially a hinge that doesn't open any further without physically breaking the elbow

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

@Jermiah MerciconahThis is modern day folktales lol. I'm sure the dude has great static endurance and strength, and he won't sweat until he loses his strength.

I'm getting the distinct impression you've only joined this forum to argue with the more knowledgeable members of this place, So far literally all you've done is argue

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

@Jermiah MerciconahThis is modern day folktales lol. I'm sure the dude has great static endurance and strength, and he won't sweat until he loses his strength.

Regardless of the training theories, it's odd you're not aware that there are many people who's arms simply cannot straighten, ever. It's very common to heavily calcify the elbow joint and prevent movement, this is simple physiology. Rhabdo is also very common in crossfit and other endurance events, happens all the time and it's again a trivial test in a hospital with little controversy. 

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

Regardless of the training theories, it's odd you're not aware that there are many people who's arms simply cannot straighten, ever. It's very common to heavily calcify the elbow joint and prevent movement, this is simple physiology. Rhabdo is also very common in crossfit and other endurance events, happens all the time and it's again a trivial test in a hospital with little controversy. 

Michael’s own words call it a bone lock. He has for years.

Ive also never seen anyone that couldn’t straighten a joint that didn’t get that way via an injury. Or multiple injuries.

nobody is just walking around so “tight” from all their elite training that they just can’t be straightened out by anyone. That only happens from injuries.

Speaking of fairytales… there once was a guy named Dylan….. lol

Edited by Tommy J.

6 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I was just saying even outside of arm wrestling, a calcified joint is not an unheard of condition. I can't believe Dylan is calling it a fairytale when it's very well understood. A bone lock of course isn't a real medical term maybe that's his issue but whatever the name is doesn't change that it is real and his arm literally can not be made to straighten without breaking, or at least dislocation it. 

49 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I was just saying even outside of arm wrestling, a calcified joint is not an unheard of condition. I can't believe Dylan is calling it a fairytale when it's very well understood. A bone lock of course isn't a real medical term maybe that's his issue but whatever the name is doesn't change that it is real and his arm literally can not be made to straighten without breaking, or at least dislocation it. 

No worries. But yeah Michael only backs off his kings move when he’s in tremendous pain. Or if he gets flashed before he can drop down into it.

but like I said earlier, he actually is really strong. Most of us can’t make him resort to a kings move, and he can and does arm wrestle most mortals normally. He just doesn’t possess the power for guys on, near, or above Devon’s level.

devon does his fair share of kings moving as well. Against guys like Chaffee. And he even had to go there with Todd Hutchings. I would say Devon’s kings move is slightly more endurance related than MMT’s. But he has a fairly pronounced joint lock as well. More so in his right arm. But devon did have surgery some years back in an attempt to remedy it somewhat. And based off how much of a joint lock he still has, I’m betting that without surgery he’d have been even worse than MMT on mobility.

And apologies there, Climber. I didn’t even mean to quote your post on that one.

well I did.. but didn’t notice it was you who typed it. Lol

Edited by Tommy J.

On 1/9/2022 at 10:55 AM, Dylan said:

I don't know about that I've seen elbows dislocated so it's not foolproof at all. I've seen people lose strength and have to give the king's move up though, don't know if you're saying he has some special physiology but it's just really tight muscle. Every curl you do, especially if you're using a strict curl piece of equipment, or a planche or a pseudo-planche will use the king's move muscles.

Nah I don't believe this. A lot of anti-dislocation muscles come into play and some people train this up just out of anxiety so they can throw punches, put in their max effort, and so on. Some really go hard on not dislocating their elbow. My father has the king's move power. Can hold a 230 lb dude just off the table. It's all strength. He has wiry strength and whips around a lot. It's just the ballistic strength and toughness man. When you whip your joints with your movements a lot of strength is built because one puts in their 100% to not dislocate their joints lol.

What do you mean you don't believe it? Whom have you met in strength world? Dude Tommy is not wasting his time giving wrong information or maybe perhaps you think Tommy was fooled but that is not the case. I am friends with Michael Todd and I have trained with him, hang out with him and had few dinner with him and his wife. Amazing sweet family. He has a bone lock and that is what he said because of many injuries and operations over the year. Others might say he did that operation on purpose. I don't know as I did not ask him. But what Tommy said is true. Boy you have a lot to learn in the strength field. Throw your ego in the sea water and learn from others. Trust me you will benefit. 

• Like 1

He seems to think that there is a tight muscle causing it but that is completely false. There are only two thing that can happen, bone grows where it shouldn't such as a bone spur or ligaments and tendons have been calcified which turns them into bone. Other than rare birth defects, that's the way a joint become immobile or locked, this is extremely well understood physiology we've known about since at least the 1800s there is no mystery here. 

If you dislike the kings move that's fine and a valid opinion but you can't just make up whatever you want and go against basic joint function. 

On 1/9/2022 at 5:18 AM, Climber028 said:

You seem to appeal to popularity to justify stuff when that's just bullshit. You are also calling elbows that don't straighten "calcified" which is just assumption. You don't know the degree of calification IF ANY and what really contributes to the resistance against straightening. It is not simple physiology because you like most people make shit up and regurgitate what you've heard. I am sure there are multiple things going on at once to contribute to the resistance but braindead reductions contribute nothing but brain death.

"Rhabdo is very common in crossfit and endurance events" people regurgitating shit is also very common in everything ever but brown piss and extreme soreness is not rhabdo, and several organs may be injured from any physical exertion including the heart and lungs. It is not a trivial test in a hospital, you have no clue what you are talking about because once again you have copy pasted what you heard into your brain and now to here. The hospital test for creatine count in the blood is a simple test of creatine, not of myoglobin which is believed to strain the kidneys. The trash logic I see regurgitated, ever bird-like, is that since muscles and such are rich in creatine that they must be so damaged that it's flooding the blood. Creatine is a fuel source and basis for many chemicals and chemical reactions in the tissue that are very useful to it. I think anyone can see how perhaps high creatine levels is a good thing and indicates that the body is HEALING from an intense workout, just as testosterone and many many other compounds in the human body may be much higher following intense exercise.

Most claims you read online are not backed up by much of anything and you do not have any well researched knowledge of this subject yet believe claims that can easily be dismissed. I think it is clear from this that all discussion online, coming from someone who at all thinks about statements and claims critically, will result in confrontation of such claims as such is productive. If you don't think it's productive then you think all discussion online is unproductive, or what? Being unwilling to confront claims made on the internet to ascertain their validity is your own perogative and wholly unuseful to you or anyone, but you can exist as you choose I suppose. It is clear to me that these claims bias your behavior and beliefs so it really is ridiculous to let such claims go unexamined and unchallenged.

Whether piss is brown or not does not determine whether you have kidney damage. Brown piss doesn't mean your kidneys are going to shut down, and generally brown piss is unaccompanied by any pain at all in the kidneys. Sore af muscles does not determine whether you have kidney damage or not. Both in conjunction does not confirm you have kidney damage. High CK (creatine) does not confirm you have kidney damage or really correlate to kidney damage beyond the fact that you had a very intense workout and there are more proteins including myoglobin, and other compounds in your blood.

I have had many intense workouts preceded by long periods of low activity. I have had extreme muscular soreness and brown piss. What I didn't do is go to the hospital because beyond bullshit claims online I had no reason to. I think it's quite damaging considering the power of the placebo effect to both ruin and improve health.

To clarify: I am sure after strenuous exercise creatine in the tissues is released in the blood. I am also sure that, the body not being poorly designed, that this is INTENTIONAL, as in, a smart mechanism of regeneration. The body creates and stores a very useful compound so that when intense strenuous exercise arrives, it is ready to enter the system and reach every part of the body in order to repair itself. It is also located within important places that will likely need it. It makes sense that the body would even produce MORE of it than simply enters the bloodstream through muscular damage in order to boost recovery. If you or someone else has a great groundbreaking case to make to the contrary go ahead, but I'm not listening to headlines and people just going along with what others are saying. I've had the symptoms described, high CK in all likelihood for days, and can learn more from my direct experience than the ignorant claims of others.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:00 AM, Tommy J. said:

Doesn't make it true.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:00 AM, Tommy J. said:

Ive also never seen anyone that couldn’t straighten a joint that didn’t get that way via an injury. Or multiple injuries.

nobody is just walking around so “tight” from all their elite training that they just can’t be straightened out by anyone. That only happens from injuries.

I don't see the relevance to whether it's an injury or not that cause straight vs slightly bent elbows. Yes people tend to shorten or contract around injuries. If my stomach hurts I lean forward and don't want to straighten my back. I'm sure after repeated injuries to the abdominals I would never want to stand up straight and it would be difficult to without initial pain and sense of instability. I am not saying it is just psychological I am saying that the tissue becomes tight and a person doesn't want to overcome that locking and shortening so it remains that way. It is not calcified though it is simply unstretched, as it causes pain and since there were injuries there people do not want to even try beyond half-efforts relying on whether there is pain or not. They just do not push it to stretch. You can see a similar process in people trying to learn the splits --> no one wants to even try or risk it, even though the risk involved for injury is not high though pain is likely.

As for whether that area is weaker or not after injury . . . most of the time after injury an area is stronger if it was directly affected. If a bone breaks and your arm is in a cast, the bone grows back stronger than before though the muscles are weaker from lack of use. If a muscle tears, it grows back stronger. This includes major injury. Usually there are a good amount of connective tissues in the area afterward that help too.

I don't listen to people's claims because I take responsibility for myself. Why the hell would you accept someone's word for anything? Do you think they are saints and sages evolved beyond their humanity? Do you glorify others? Are you a people pleaser?

On 1/9/2022 at 7:11 AM, Climber028 said:

Calcification does not indicate greater structural strength. This is your claim. Not whether calcium may exist in excess in some part of the body. Get your thoughts straight.

On 1/9/2022 at 8:09 AM, Tommy J. said:

But yeah Michael only backs off his kings move when he’s in tremendous pain. Or if he gets flashed before he can drop down into it.

That it isn't an invulnerable move and that he can experience pain from it just supports my side of this. Do you really think a person's closer gets stronger over time? NO.

That is muscular fatigue resulting in a painful stretch. Two people are losing strength and sometimes the guy pulling the king's move loses too much of it before his opponent does. If his joint was locked it wouldn't move EVER, it wouldn't bend or extend at all (and even if a joint doesn't bend or extend it DOES NOT MEAN THERE IS A BONE LOCK). There is a bit of bone on the back of the elbow that everyone has, the arm bones, and that's it. This bone lock talk is just talk.

On 1/9/2022 at 8:09 AM, Tommy J. said:

I would say Devon’s kings move is slightly more endurance related than MMT’s. But he has a fairly pronounced joint lock as well.

Extreme stability and linearity is just focused strength. A person can train to resist stretch. Resisting stretch is important and can be found in many sports and movements. Resisting stretch also applies to the TORQUE OF CLOSING so it doesn't matter whether you think it's a special phenomenon or not. Tell me who trains closing to a high level? With that narrow push up, baseball throw looking position? Tell me how much they train it? If they train it a shit ton, they will beat kings moves. That's a fact. King's Move is just a position like any other and can be trained, there is nothing interesting about it. The biggest issue is that they let the guy doing the king's move pull his arm over to the other side --> Why do you think Devon Larratt is doing the limited bicep curl motion so often in training on his videos? Why so much wrist work? Because what is really going on is that he has trained pulling guys to his side of the table. If people trained pulling people to their side of the table enough they could simply get the guy over to themself from side pressure and close him. This happens.

Nothing special about it.

17 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

What do you mean you don't believe it? Whom have you met in strength world? Dude Tommy is not wasting his time giving wrong information or maybe perhaps you think Tommy was fooled but that is not the case. I am friends with Michael Todd and I have trained with him, hang out with him and had few dinner with him and his wife. Amazing sweet family. He has a bone lock and that is what he said because of many injuries and operations over the year. Others might say he did that operation on purpose. I don't know as I did not ask him. But what Tommy said is true. Boy you have a lot to learn in the strength field. Throw your ego in the sea water and learn from others. Trust me you will benefit. 

All you are doing is believing someone because you want to. If you threw egos into the sea you would throw yours, Tommy's and Michael's as well. But you haven't. Or you would be much more discerning and critical in your thinking. You are saving others from scrutiny out of emotion.

16 hours ago, Climber028 said:

There are only two thing that can happen, bone grows where it shouldn't such as a bone spur or ligaments and tendons have been calcified which turns them into bone. Other than rare birth defects, that's the way a joint become immobile or locked, this is extremely well understood physiology we've known about since at least the 1800s there is no mystery here. 

where the f do you get your information haha. No there is no "we". I am talking to "you" and "you" believe random shit you read. I don't care if CNN or your professor in college said it. It's bullshit that you swallowed like a fledgling bird. Most people will believe anything they hear or read. I learned my lesson in grade school when what I was taught one year was contradicted the next. You should learn the same.

17 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Trust me you will benefit.

I just want to make clear that I will never trust you or anyone, and there is no need to have trust in a person's goodness or somesuch when we're talking about discernment of the facts of life. Of course that might help someone evil so I would generally avoid talking to someone evil.

46 minutes ago, Dylan said:

where the f do you get your information haha. No there is no "we". I am talking to "you" and "you" believe random shit you read. I don't care if CNN or your professor in college said it. It's bullshit that you swallowed like a fledgling bird. Most people will believe anything they hear or read. I learned my lesson in grade school when what I was taught one year was contradicted the next. You should learn the same.

I just want to make clear that I will never trust you or anyone, and there is no need to have trust in a person's goodness or somesuch when we're talking about discernment of the facts of life. Of course that might help someone evil so I would generally avoid talking to someone evil.

If your keep talk like that up you're more than likely gonna be muted or banned by Bill or someone else, So far the guys here have been more than tolerant of your constant trollish behaviour, On the offhand, You're a guy who has shown up a month ago and has tried challenging all the knowledgeable guys on subjects that are so easily debunkable from our end that you're basically continuing out of willful ignorance

• Like 4

@dyan

yawn.

you’re working so hard here to convince me of your word…

yet you take a big steamy heaping pile of dung all over your own argument when you say-

“why the hell would you accept someone’s word for anything?”

lol… but do continue.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

If your keep talk like that up you're more than likely gonna be muted or banned by Bill or someone else, So far the guys here have been more than tolerant of your constant trollish behaviour, On the offhand, You're a guy who has shown up a month ago and has tried challenging all the knowledgeable guys on subjects that are so easily debunkable from our end that you're basically continuing out of willful ignorance

Yeah, it's done here. Frankly, I don't have time to read a book every time there is a response for rule breaks.  It just keeps going around and around.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1