Who have bent an Ironmind gold nail?

Lennix

Wiggy hates these kind of lists so I needed to start one 😁

Who have bent a ironmind gold nail that we know off unbraced in say under 1h atleast? Any wrapping allowed. 

Alexander Klimovich 

Juha LehtimÀki 

Derek Graybill

Josh Goldthrope 

Thom Fingalsson 

Who more? Aaron, Tommy, Jan? 

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 4

Just now, acorn said:

Gold nails didn't come out until long after I stopped bending. So not me.

Knew you would have smashed it! Great episode on beyond the bend btw! 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lennix said:

Wiggy hates these kind of lists so I needed to start one 😁

Who have bent a ironmind gold nail that we know off unbraced in say under 1h atleast? Any wrapping allowed. 

Alexander Klimovich 

Juha LehtimÀki 

Derek Graybill

Josh Goldthrope 

Thom Fingalsson 

Who more? Aaron, Tommy, Jan? 

Found some on youtube: 

Tommy Jennings (thought so) 

Delmar Carter 

Paul knight 

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 1

I’d love to this list stay updated. It’s a huge fest of strength and I know that not that many people have bent an actual one, I just don’t know how few. 

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 2

This will be hard since there are several ”gold nail equivalents” which has been called the gold nail without it actually being from Ironmind. Also, there was a faulty batch that was out a few years ago that was HRS and also thinner, those obviously should not count as official gold nails.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

This will be hard since there are several ”gold nail equivalents” which has been called the gold nail without it actually being from Ironmind. Also, there was a faulty batch that was out a few years ago that was HRS and also thinner, those obviously should not count as official gold nails.

Yeah but the bending community isnt that big so most people know who bent the real stuff and who bent the easy nails. And the "equivalents" doesnt belong to this list because the difference between equivalents and the real deal is way way to big (Or can be atleast) 

You must surely know some Gold benders other then what i said no?

• Like 4

I’m positive you’ll miss several guys who’s bent a gold and also accidentally add a few who didn’t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I’m positive you’ll miss several guys who’s bent a gold and also accidentally add a few who didn’t.

Agreed!

EJ Livesey bent a gold nail also!

JT Straussner!

Edited by Lennix

I’m sure there are a bunch of russians and other eastern europeans we’ll miss.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the mention Juha! You were one of the strongest unbraced benders in the world back in the day sir!  
Ive bent Golds in doubles & leathers but nothing thin like Imps.  

Like Wiggy mentioned a few guys have bent 8x 3/8” CRS but not the actual IM Gold
 which from my experience the IM are generally tougher steel!  However, steel varies so much its so difficult to determine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pat Povalitis maybe? @terminator on here but I don't think he comes on here much. 

Also adding EJ Livesey
 think he was on of the 1st!  

• 4 months later...

Curious for people into Bending:

What is the greatest bending feat that has been performed so far in your opinion?

For grippers, things like David Shamey's MM9 close and Nathan Holle's 232 rgc video close would probably be considered some of the greatest.

What is it for bending?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared P said:

What is the greatest bending feat that has been performed so far in your opinion?

For grippers, things like David Shamey's MM9 close and Nathan Holle's 232 rgc video close would probably be considered some of the greatest.

What is it for bending?

Hard to say imo. So many people have been doing so many ridiculous things over the years. I mean you got 700 some odd 60 bends in one sitting thats been done. Super Short braced bends with 12mm and 16mm bars. barehanded stuff. Long bar ridiculousness.  Im sure there are some of the older guys can maybe point some out. But for me. Its really not right to just pick just ONE.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BottledCitrus said:

Hard to say imo. So many people have been doing so many ridiculous things over the years. I mean you got 700 some odd 60 bends in one sitting thats been done. Super Short braced bends with 12mm and 16mm bars. barehanded stuff. Long bar ridiculousness.  Im sure there are some of the older guys can maybe point some out. But for me. Its really not right to just pick just ONE.

I agree, with bending you need to be super specific and really compare apples to apples so to speak. Otherwise it's pointless to compare becuase there's so many different ways of bending, each way has it's challenges but they are completely different.

On 4/28/2022 at 2:13 PM, Jared P said:

What is it for bending?

Short unbraced- either Derek Graybill's @vikingsrule92 last couple PR's (10mm A2 or 6.5 12.9 bolt)

Also, Alex's Gold nail in IMP's, rolled on his leg. 

Then there's Gazza's 3/8x7 grade 5 but there's a bunch of controversy around that one. 

Endurance would be @Donc101 bending 800+ 60d's in one sitting

• Like 7

On 12/10/2021 at 4:30 AM, David_wigren said:

I literally laughed out loud.

• 9 months later...

Alex Guiha had bent two now. One was pre-kinked, but was old and maybe even OG stock. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 11:13 AM, Jared P said:

What is it for bending?

Know your history 😂

• Like 2

I remember their being controversy over Gazzas bends but honestly if they are real he is untouched in the world of bending.

http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/BendingCertsDO.html

^ Good list of some of the top benders. 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:13 AM, Jared P said:

What is it for bending?

Based on poundage I don't think anyone has reached his top bends 

23 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

I remember their being controversy over Gazzas bends but honestly if they are real he is untouched in the world of bending.

http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/BendingCertsDO.html

^ Good list of some of the top benders. 

Based on poundage I don't think anyone has reached his top bends 

I cannot believe you have this. Fantastic.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 9:56 AM, stranger said:

Short unbraced- either Derek Graybill's @vikingsrule92 last couple PR's (10mm A2 or 6.5 12.9 bolt)

Also, Alex's Gold nail in IMP's, rolled on his leg. 

Then there's Gazza's 3/8x7 grade 5 but there's a bunch of controversy around that one. 

Endurance would be @Donc101 bending 800+ 60d's in one sitting

That Gold bend was super quick. Why hasn't he certed?

2 hours ago, Mike Sharkey said:

That Gold bend was super quick. Why hasn't he certed?

Randall Strossen changed the rules. Most likely because of a personal grudge he had against Derek. However, since Randal and his colleagues at Ironmind have no idea of how to bend, they accidentally worded the new rules in a way so that none of the people currently certed on the red nail have actually bent a red in full accordance to the new rules. I think the point was to word it so that it would emulate the style of bending John Brookfield used to do. However, as I said, the rules were worded poorly, so not even Brookfield’s technique would fly if you follow the rules. You basically have to Reverse of Heslep bend the bar to a full U away from the body.

I’ve heard though that Randall doesn’t hold these rules very strictly. So it is actually possible to cert the red and gold even if you don’t follow the new rules. I think the trick is that you have to be friends with Randall. The rule should just say that, be friends with Randall.

• Like 5