Left hand CoC-4 SB Hold - 19sec - LH PR

Ivan Pupchenko

17 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

This is my first long time hold after 2 year off

Well done dude!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Just amazing !

Besides, you know that some of our "comrades" claim that you and I are old and weak for a long time. And our records are in the deep past and generally fake) I am always pleased to disappoint such people a little) And add them some reasons to train more often!🤣🤣🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

And our records are in the deep past and generally fake

it is a great pleasure to kick their asses with some amazing performance))

keep it up! 👊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 2:59 PM, Ivan Pupchenko said:

This is my first long time hold after 2 year off

That is very impressive brother. May I ask? Why the super intense breathing? Keeps you hyped up? 

2 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

That is very impressive brother. May I ask? Why the super intense breathing? Keeps you hyped up? 

I have heart problems after severe pneumonia in childhood. including they are manifested by extrasystoles - this is when the heart makes extraordinary contractions due to a disruption in the work of its centers of innervation. In this case, in relation to sports, problems arise during working on endurance or strength endurance, because after an extraordinary contraction there is a "compensatory pause" between next contractions, which evens out the duration of the cardiac cycle. If there is a lack of oxygen in the blood, then during the failed blood pump to the brain, I lose consciousness. When I breathe frequently and create a state of hyperoxidation, then I "fly" this moment on the "supply" of oxygen that is created in the brain. This explanation is not entirely correct from a scientific point of view, but in general terms it can describe the situation to a person without special knowledge ... This problem leaves an imprint on my lifestyle, unambiguously. But I learned to live with her. I just know what I can and cannot do. For example, I can run short distances of up to 200 meters,  problems start from 400 meters. I have never run 3 km in my life. I've tried this several times, but each time I came to myself somewhere on the side of the road). Or, for example, I cannot speak on the phone while walking quickly on the street. If a pause in breathing due to pronouncing words or hypoxia is superimposed on a rhythm failure, I will fall in faint... Somebody sometimes asked how I pull for a minute or a half at the armwrestling table and do not "turn off" - in "my corners" in armwrestling the load goes to the blocked joints, taut ligaments, and not directly to the muscles, so there I have less demonstrated
 breathing ... 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I have heart problems after severe pneumonia in childhood. including they are manifested by extrasystoles - this is when the heart makes extraordinary contractions due to a disruption in the work of its centers of innervation. In this case, in relation to sports, problems arise during working on endurance or strength endurance, because after an extraordinary contraction there is a "compensatory pause" between next contractions, which evens out the duration of the cardiac cycle. If there is a lack of oxygen in the blood, then during the failed blood pump to the brain, I lose consciousness. When I breathe frequently and create a state of hyperoxidation, then I "fly" this moment on the "supply" of oxygen that is created in the brain. This explanation is not entirely correct from a scientific point of view, but in general terms it can describe the situation to a person without special knowledge ... This problem leaves an imprint on my lifestyle, unambiguously. But I learned to live with her. I just know what I can and cannot do. For example, I can run short distances of up to 200 meters,  problems start from 400 meters. I have never run 3 km in my life. I've tried this several times, but each time I came to myself somewhere on the side of the road). Or, for example, I cannot speak on the phone while walking quickly on the street. If a pause in breathing due to pronouncing words or hypoxia is superimposed on a rhythm failure, I will fall in faint... Somebody sometimes asked how I pull for a minute or a half at the armwrestling table and do not "turn off" - in "my corners" in armwrestling the load goes to the blocked joints, taut ligaments, and not directly to the muscles, so there I have less demonstrated
 breathing ... 

Wow man.... That is really hard to live with. You have my respect though. Most people who are 100% healthy won't get off their damn couch and go exercise. Your determination is commendable. 

I was born with asthmatic bronchitis which means I'm very sensitive to smoke (like, in a fire), some chemicals etc. In 4 different occasions I nearly died from this. Luckily I don't have to carry an asthma inhaler with me. It's not that bad where I gasp for small reasons. But if I do get sick it hits me in the lungs first. 

In 2019 was my last time I got very sick from it. I got the H1N1 virus and barely made it to the hospital. I was alone so I was driving. Almost chocked to death waiting for the doctors to come see me. Lost 10kg in 4-5 days. Pneumonia and HIN1 at the same time. 

I love arm wrestling. Been watching it since 2010. I don't practice it cause I do powerlifting, strongman and grip. No time. But I do understand some techniques and I see the punishment these athletes go through in the sport. It's a strength sport so definitely not easy. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

breathing ... 

I also subscribed to your channel. I use the same name on youtube 💪

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Yes, most of obstacles exist only inside the head. "100% healthy people" are often just lazy. Or greedy. They can take the time to choose for a month new laptop or phone for 1000 euros, but they won't find two hours for a workout or 10 euros for a pack of protein. We have limitations, but we are moving towards our goals. And even if we do not achieve all of them, we will achieve more than those who do nothing...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Yes, most of obstacles exist only inside the head. "100% healthy people" are often just lazy. Or greedy. They can take the time to choose for a month new laptop or phone for 1000 euros, but they won't find two hours for a workout or 10 euros for a pack of protein. We have limitations, but we are moving towards our goals. And even if we do not achieve all of them, we will achieve more than those who do nothing...

Wow man that is some inspirational stuff!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

People like you often remind me of the fact that I should be looking at the things that I can do and not worry about the stuff that I am not able to do.

There is a lot of stuff that I am not able to do due to having a whiplash but there is plenty of stuff I CAN do and I should worry about those things and not dwell on things I do not have any control over.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

Yes, I agree with you! .. Somewhere inside, I began to understand this from the age of 14, when the doctors told me that I have a chance not to live to be 20 .. Then I started sports anyway, because I lived in a very criminal area. Without sports, the bandits would have shortened me before my health problems. Already at an older age, when I started competing in arm wrestling, I got into a car crush, as a result of which I have a lot of joint problems and returning to training and competition was painful and difficult. I kept asking myself why I was doing this, and what would happen when my joints needed to be implants replaced... At that time, one athlete from Crimea began to compete in my armwrestling category, he had child cerebral palsy and a serious spinal injury. He walked on crutches and wrestled with only one hand. But looking at his fight - I was not sure that I could beat him. I remember that coming to the list of pairs, I wanted to get against some World Champion, but not against this athlete. To lose to a disabled person who hardly comes to the table would be catastrophic for my self-esteem. But having dealt with myself, I realized that, on the contrary, I should take an example from him. If he finds the strength to train and not only to participate in competitions, but also to win, then I shouldn't turn off the chosen path at all! Any outcome is better than sitting at home, rotting in armchair and being jealous of everyone who remained on the "battlefield"!..

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Yes, I agree with you! .. Somewhere inside, I began to understand this from the age of 14, when the doctors told me that I have a chance not to live to be 20 .. Then I started sports anyway, because I lived in a very criminal area. Without sports, the bandits would have shortened me before my health problems. Already at an older age, when I started competing in arm wrestling, I got into a car crush, as a result of which I have a lot of joint problems and returning to training and competition was painful and difficult. I kept asking myself why I was doing this, and what would happen when my joints needed to be implants replaced... At that time, one athlete from Crimea began to compete in my armwrestling category, he had child cerebral palsy and a serious spinal injury. He walked on crutches and wrestled with only one hand. But looking at his fight - I was not sure that I could beat him. I remember that coming to the list of pairs, I wanted to get against some World Champion, but not against this athlete. To lose to a disabled person who hardly comes to the table would be catastrophic for my self-esteem. But having dealt with myself, I realized that, on the contrary, I should take an example from him. If he finds the strength to train and not only to participate in competitions, but also to win, then I shouldn't turn off the chosen path at all! Any outcome is better than sitting at home, rotting in armchair and being jealous of everyone who remained on the "battlefield"!..

I understand where you are coming from man my accident could have killed me, made me wheelchair bound or made me a vegetable I am grateful for the fact that I am still here trying to be the best version of me just like you. 

I have also been through the self esteem part and I was always kind of pissed that "normal" people were able to do so much more. Also it would make me jealous that people with less than me were always happy and that I just couldn't deal with what I had lost and that they were always happy and that I wasn't.

That was until I met one of my former classmates that used to be a motorcrosser. I ran into him at school because he was doing the same education as me. This time he was in a wheelchair so I asked him what had happened and whether it was permanent or not. He told me that he had broken his back doing what he loved which was motorcross. I told him that I was really sorry that this had happened to him. He just shrugged and said:"Stuff happens".

This really opened my eyes and taught me that I should enjoy life and be happy with what I have despite it not always being what I  had dreamt of.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 4

Thanks for sharing your stories guys I hope you will both achieve what you want to achieve in life and that you will never stop pushing yourselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Thanks for sharing your stories guys I hope you will both achieve what you want to achieve in life and that you will never stop pushing yourselves.

Mutual!
Stay true to yourself, and go to your goals - game is over only when the earth knocks on the lid of coffin...  And it doesn't matter how long the journey takes - sometimes the way is more interesting than destination! 

• Like 5

Guys thanks for sharing your stories! 

I've had immense adversity to go through even as a small child. Bad neighborhood, rough upbringing. Sports were always there for me. Kung Fu, basketball, amateur boxing, mma, powerlifting, strongman and grip have been with me for over 30 years. Started really young. Been doing strength sports for 14 years now. 

Worked my ass off at the factory 10 hours a day. Trained 4 days per week. Bounced at clubs 3-4 nights per week and trained clients 3 days per week. This is no bullshit. I did this for 3 plus years. 

Why? I could have kept one job, gone to the gym and just have fun. I competed 3-4 times per year in powerlifting as well. 

I thought, I'm alive. I need to produce as much work as I can. I admit it was overkill but I also knew that if I can't put pressure on myself I'll never be able to handle the worst when it comes. 

These days I lift weights 3 days per week, train grip 2 days per week, do online coaching and work 8 hours per day. I even get days off haha!!! It's nice! 

Hard work. My parents are both working machines. They're older now but when they were active they always worked. 

In October 2015 I had a severe spinal injury which changed my life. And it happened at work. January of 2016 my lifts had gone like this:

Squat: from 225kg to 60kg

Bench: from 165kg to 120kg

Deadlift: from 240kg to 60kg

I couldn't do anything without pain. Still can't. I'm in pain literally every day, all day. I sleep 6 hrs and I wake up with red eyes from my back pain. I've tried everything, had MRIs done. 

Basically is disc deterioration from labor mainly. I was leaning to the side for almost 13 years. Both doctors here told me that it was lifting that kept me in one piece. There's so much detail really that I'll have to type for another 10 minutes lol... 

Bottom line is.. I never gave up. Went through deep depression cause I lost so much strength but never stopped. 

Since 2018 I hit those same numbers again in competition. And this year my squat went up to 250kg finally, also hit that 240kg deadlift for 3 reps. Bench is also around the 160kg range. 

Took me 6 years. 6 freaking years to be as strong as I was in 2015. That journey was the toughest I've been through. And I've been through a lot. Never stopped working, moved from Iceland back to Greece in 2019 and started all over again. 

But you know what I realize? It's not sports that were there for us. It was ourselves that decided to stand up again. And again and as many times as we had to. Sports were the tool that we used to focus on and do something with our lives. 

I'd hate to grow old and realize I never tested myself. What's the point of being alive then? 

My friends tell me man we're getting old, I'm so tired of this crap. I tell them.. I really hope I can add 5kg to my squat this year haha!! 

Cheers! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I've had immense adversity to go through even as a small child. Bad neighborhood, rough upbringing. Sports were always there for me. Kung Fu, basketball, amateur boxing, mma, powerlifting, strongman and grip have been with me for over 30 years. Started really young. Been doing strength sports for 14 years now. 

Worked my ass off at the factory 10 hours a day. Trained 4 days per week. Bounced at clubs 3-4 nights per week and trained clients 3 days per week. This is no bullshit. I did this for 3 plus years. 

Why? I could have kept one job, gone to the gym and just have fun. I competed 3-4 times per year in powerlifting as well. 

I thought, I'm alive. I need to produce as much work as I can. I admit it was overkill but I also knew that if I can't put pressure on myself I'll never be able to handle the worst when it comes. 

These days I lift weights 3 days per week, train grip 2 days per week, do online coaching and work 8 hours per day. I even get days off haha!!! It's nice! 

Hard work. My parents are both working machines. They're older now but when they were active they always worked. 

In October 2015 I had a severe spinal injury which changed my life. And it happened at work. January of 2016 my lifts had gone like this:

I couldn't do anything without pain. Still can't. I'm in pain literally every day, all day. I sleep 6 hrs and I wake up with red eyes from my back pain. I've tried everything, had MRIs done. 

Basically is disc deterioration from labor mainly. I was leaning to the side for almost 13 years. Both doctors here told me that it was lifting that kept me in one piece. There's so much detail really that I'll have to type for another 10 minutes lol... 

Bottom line is.. I never gave up. Went through deep depression cause I lost so much strength but never stopped. 

Since 2018 I hit those same numbers again in competition. And this year my squat went up to 250kg finally, also hit that 240kg deadlift for 3 reps. Bench is also around the 160kg range. 

Took me 6 years. 6 freaking years to be as strong as I was in 2015. That journey was the toughest I've been through. And I've been through a lot. Never stopped working, moved from Iceland back to Greece in 2019 and started all over again. 

But you know what I realize? It's not sports that were there for us. It was ourselves that decided to stand up again. And again and as many times as we had to. Sports were the tool that we used to focus on and do something with our lives. 

I'd hate to grow old and realize I never tested myself. What's the point of being alive then? 

My friends tell me man we're getting old, I'm so tired of this crap. I tell them.. I really hope I can add 5kg to my squat this year haha!! 

Cheers! 

And this here, is a story of a True Champion ^ 

I speak for many of us when expressing Salutes to you , my Friend.  Ironically, i was listening to this when i found what you wrote in this post

Edited by SkyHeart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Cheers! 

I respect the hell out of you  for not giving up after losing so much strength and pushing through the pain.

I know what it's like having to deal with pain every day.

I got my whiplash when I was 10 years old I was playing at my school playground and wanted to jump onto a concrete tube.

I ran as fast as a could and tripped over 2 wooden beams that were in front of it and smashed my head into the concrete tube.

At first everything seemed fine but after a few weeks had passed I started developing severe headaches so severe that I usually compare it to a migraine attack or even worse.

I have had to deal with this headache for 7 years straight I thought it would never leave I had to do my school and everything with a headache that was unbearable.

After these 7 years my headache finally left with the help of a chiropractor.

I thought I could finally start living a normal life but then a nerve got stuck between a neck vertabrae and that caused me to have lack of oxygen for 3 years straight.

It felt like I was living in a dream nothing felt real because of the lack of oxygen.

After these 3 years I finally got better I was sitting on the couch and my neck cracked I had the overwhelming urge to push through so I did.

There was this super loud crack that you could hear from across the room. 

I immediately started feeling better after this had happened and over the course of time I started getting  better and better.

I am completely healed and I don't have any pain anymore I just have to be careful with my back,neck and head for the rest of my life.

I could have been dead,wheelchair bound or a vegetable so I am super grateful that I am still alive.

I can't lift heavy or train my lower back because that can make my lower body go completely numb but other than that I can do most things "normal people" can.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I also respect the hell out of you  @Ivan Pupchenko for never giving up and always pushing through despite all the hardship you have been through.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

And this here, is a story of a True Champion ^ 

I speak for many of us when expressing Salutes to you , my Friend.  Ironically, i was listening to this when i found what you wrote in this post

Appreciate the kind words! 

Bottom line is, life's too short to cry about stuff. Go out there and do it!! 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I respect the hell out of you  for not giving up after losing so much strength and pushing through the pain.

I know what it's like having to deal with pain every day.

I got my whiplash when I was 10 years old I was playing at my school playground and wanted to jump onto a concrete tube.

I ran as fast as a could and tripped over 2 wooden beams that were in front of it and smashed my head into the concrete tube.

At first everything seemed fine but after a few weeks had passed I started developing severe headaches so severe that I usually compare it to a migraine attack or even worse.

I have had to deal with this headache for 7 years straight I thought it would never leave I had to do my school and everything with a headache that was unbearable.

After these 7 years my headache finally left with the help of a chiropractor.

I thought I could finally start living a normal life but then a nerve got stuck between a neck vertabrae and that caused me to have lack of oxygen for 3 years straight.

It felt like I was living in a dream nothing felt real because of the lack of oxygen.

After these 3 years I finally got better I was sitting on the couch and my neck cracked I had the overwhelming urge to push through so I did.

There was this super loud crack that you could hear from across the room. 

I immediately started feeling better after this had happened and over the course of time I started getting  better and better.

I am completely healed and I don't have any pain anymore I just have to be careful with my back,neck and head for the rest of my life.

I could have been dead,wheelchair bound or a vegetable so I am super grateful that I am still alive.

I can't lift heavy or train my lower back because that can make my lower body go completely numb but other than that I can do most things "normal people" can.

Wow what a story!! I feel you when you describe the neck pain cause I have two discs in my neck pushing out from the right side. 

What a difficult life you've had man.. I respect the fact that you never gave up! 

I very rarely get headaches so it must have been brutal to even think or focus throughout this ordeal! 

Wow this post has switched to us sharing our story with each other 💪

• Like 2