Jump to content

THUMBLESS IM AXLE TOSSES 144 lbs.


Kluv#0
 Share

Recommended Posts

Fun but challenging exercise that really works wrist flexors and stabilizers. Started back doing these middle of last month as my left side is slowly healing from surgery done in June. Adam Glass, Jason Dingey would monsters at these without question- heck they are terrific at everything:) Great to do at end of workout.

 

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great work, Michael! I’d like to try it, but it’s gonna be awhile before my left arm is ready. My thumbless thickbar strength is coming back faster than normal grip. I can do a little more on rolling handles thumbless vs normal, at the moment. Wonder why that’s happening?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2021 at 8:06 PM, Kluv#0 said:

Fun but challenging exercise that really works wrist flexors and stabilizers. Started back doing these middle of last month as my left side is slowly healing from surgery done in June. Adam Glass, Jason Dingey would monsters at these without question- heck they are terrific at everything:) Great to do at end of workout.

 

Good job! Looks very challenging, especially keeping the bar balanced between tosses

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JasonD said:

Great work, Michael! I’d like to try it, but it’s gonna be awhile before my left arm is ready. My thumbless thickbar strength is coming back faster than normal grip. I can do a little more on rolling handles thumbless vs normal, at the moment. Wonder why that’s happening?

I'd guess cause the thumbless grip allows your thumb to press to the side of your fingers making them more rigid? And it also allows you to bend your wrist more easily. At least that's what I get when I do it. My thumbless is also pretty strong compared to my regular grip 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I'd guess cause the thumbless grip allows your thumb to press to the side of your fingers making them more rigid? And it also allows you to bend your wrist more easily. At least that's what I get when I do it. My thumbless is also pretty strong compared to my regular grip 

I had Covid in early October. It really knocked my strength down, especially thickbar lifts. My thumbless is almost back to peak levels, but normal grip is lagging behind. Interesting what you said about the thumb. I’ve never consciously used my thumb like that. I’ll have to try it. Thanks!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JasonD said:

I had Covid in early October. It really knocked my strength down, especially thickbar lifts. My thumbless is almost back to peak levels, but normal grip is lagging behind. Interesting what you said about the thumb. I’ve never consciously used my thumb like that. I’ll have to try it. Thanks!

I started doing that when I first used an Axle bar for deadlifts for strongman. It also has great carry over to the circus dumbbell event. I'm sure some guys on here would give us even more input. 

Good that you're feeling better. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JasonD said:

Great work, Michael! I’d like to try it, but it’s gonna be awhile before my left arm is ready. My thumbless thickbar strength is coming back faster than normal grip. I can do a little more on rolling handles thumbless vs normal, at the moment. Wonder why that’s happening?

Jason, you are top 5 all-around in the world when healthy and your thumbless inch lifts are siick! IMO, thumbless inch DB lift is the most impressive lift/feat in Gripsport and you make it look so darn easy and lift it level. Wish you 100% health in 2022.

7 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Good job! Looks very challenging, especially keeping the bar balanced between tosses

Thanks, doing axle tosses takes strength and coordination especially thumbless. Really enjoy how they make my hands feel afterwards. Thanks for checking vid out👍

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice work! May have to try during my 5am sessions! Don't have an axle, but have fatgripz extreme though

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, JStepien said:

Nice work! May have to try during my 5am sessions! Don't have an axle, but have fatgripz extreme though

Thank You John. Great idea about using FGX ! You will kill it as you have some of the best hands in the world!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 10:38 AM, Kluv#0 said:

Thank You John. Great idea about using FGX ! You will kill it as you have some of the best hands in the world!

Thank you very much for the compliment!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

154 lbs. IM AXLE Thumbless tosses- increased my PR by 10 lbs. Hit 3 different PR's this A.M. tosses, timed hold and an overcrush on gripper.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

154 lbs. IM AXLE Thumbless tosses- increased my PR by 10 lbs. Hit 3 different PR's this A.M. tosses, timed hold and an overcrush on gripper.

 

Nice! Way to go, Michael!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

154 lbs. IM AXLE Thumbless tosses- increased my PR by 10 lbs. Hit 3 different PR's this A.M. tosses, timed hold and an overcrush on gripper.

 

Dang!  Strong!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Roch Climber said:

Cool lift. 

Thanks! I hope you are doing well-you definitely a world class monster on the axle! That was EPIC double BWT pull and great response!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks! I hope you are doing well-you definitely a world class monster on the axle! That was EPIC double BWT pull and great response!

Yeah very well thanks, training going well on every aspects, ticked off big goals. I also got a little better at axle after that with the deadlift cues from Tanner and others. I think it's mostly than my deadlift was catching up. It was the limiting factor and I can't go to hard on those or it become counter productive for my climbing unfortunatly. So not the best way to train grip for me with my weak ass legs. I still do a little thick bar stuff, (but hangs or pulley curls for wrist/armwrestling) but I have a gripper goal now so I do that armlifting wise. Might bring back a few axle rackpulls or one hand stuff, you made me want to try it again. Tossing it look fun, we do passes with plates sometimes, always a good time, and impact stuff work you good when you are not used to it I feel. I like to add some form of it semi frequently, not sure of how sound it is but it's fun anyway. 

Edited by Roch Climber
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Kluv#0Just saw the other thread where you are talking about one arm axle curl, that's a even cooler lift. Definitly trying that, really like those strange feats, it's great when I can try them with what I have. I already did one hand barbell stuff and fat grips hammer curls but never thought about the combo. Thanks for the ideas man, good day to check on the board. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

IM Axle tosses with regular grip  122 LB x 30 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.