Experience with Silarukov grippers?

Jermiah Merciconah

Has anyone here got any experience with the Silarukov handgrippers, I went in and blind purchased them because they look really nice, I like the narrower looking width and the knurling looks absolutely ruthless

Just wondering if any folks here have them and would like them to chime in with their experience

I've got the 150 just for fun and it is a really nice gripper, got myself the 140 and 130 versions as well to train and mess around with too. 

The knurling is pretty savage indeed, I'd say not as pointy sharp as some GHPs but much coarser, so the hold is extremely good. :) 

• Like 2

Any I have seen are very well made and do have interesting chonky knurling that is more like landscape than texture. Mountainous bumps that are not necessarily sharp. I also enjoy the narrow stance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexander Koss said:

I've got the 150 just for fun and it is a really nice gripper, got myself the 140 and 130 versions as well to train and mess around with too. 

The knurling is pretty savage indeed, I'd say not as pointy sharp as some GHPs but much coarser, so the hold is extremely good. :) 

Yeah i've been interested in getting them for a while just due to the looks alone, I read somewhere that Cannon had rated a 150 at around 220 RGC so thats a brutally hard gripper, I'm looking forward to training on them to increase just my raw top end crushing power without having to set too much

2 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Yeah i've been interested in getting them for a while just due to the looks alone, I read somewhere that Cannon had rated a 150 at around 220 RGC so thats a brutally hard gripper, I'm looking forward to training on them to increase just my raw top end crushing power without having to set too much

Let me see what kind of ratings data I have. 

I feel like there are some odd overlaps because they mess with the coil diameter in addition to the wire size (similar to Baraban). 

@Jermiah Merciconah

It's not a ton, but here is all our Silarukov ratings data. The first number is the level and the second is the rating in pounds: 

SILARUKOV 30 33
SILARUKOV 40 46
SILARUKOV 50 64
SILARUKOV 60 77
SILARUKOV 70 79
SILARUKOV 80 83
SILARUKOV 80 96
SILARUKOV 90 102
SILARUKOV 100 106
SILARUKOV 100 106
SILARUKOV 100 124
SILARUKOV 110 115
SILARUKOV 110 134
SILARUKOV 110 143
SILARUKOV 120 137
SILARUKOV 120 138
SILARUKOV 130 149
SILARUKOV 130 152
SILARUKOV 130 158
SILARUKOV 140 158
SILARUKOV 140 178
SILARUKOV 140 190
SILARUKOV 150 200
SILARUKOV 150 221

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/1/2021 at 9:32 PM, Cannon said:

It's not a ton, but here is all our Silarukov ratings data. The first number is the level and the second is the rating in pounds

Do you have more ratings data on them now?

1 hour ago, EmilBB said:

Do you have more ratings data on them now?

No, sorry. They are not very common to come through the rating service. Since they are made in Russia I believe it has been difficult to get them due to sanctions related to the ongoing war. 

• Like 2

Is it worth the investment , what would you compare them to ? 

2 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Is it worth the investment , what would you compare them to ? 

They are kind of their own animal. Springs are polished like IM or GHP. But I believe like Baraban they use the same wire size for some levels and vary the difficulty by changing the size of coil. Any of these I have ever seen have been narrow, like 60 mm spreads. The handles have excellent knurling with fewer teeth-per-inch (TPI) so the little "diamonds" are larger than on other brands. The handles have nice precise laser engraving. It's a quality gripper through and through. 

• Like 2

Do you think it is possible to get them hear in the u.s.

16 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Do you think it is possible to get them hear in the u.s.

My understanding is no. I do not believe it’s possible to purchase or import items from Russia at this time.

I bought a few things from Denis Shmarev/MrStrongHands.com in mid-late 2021.  Mainly hub/block stuff but only this one gripper (https://mrstronghands.com/silarukov_parallel_handgripper).

Note:  I mostly got this parallel/adjustable gripper for the uniqueness factor.  In reality I didn't move the handles past about half an inch in because it was stiffer than expected.

Anyway...had I known then that I wouldn't be possible to purchase or import anything else, I may have considered a full set of grippers.  They do have a cool look...

Silarukov PARALLEL adjustable hand gripper.jpg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Cannon said:

But I believe like Baraban they use the same wire size for some levels and vary the difficulty by changing the size of coil. Any of these I have ever seen have been narrow, like 60 mm spreads.

Yes. Models 140 and 130 have the same spring (±8 mm), the models 120-110-100 have a spring of ±7.5 mm, 90 and 80, the spring is ±7 mm... This is why sometimes the RGC of a more heavy model is a bit less than a lower ranking or practically the same, just like the Robert Baraban's. And they are narrower, just like the width of a credit/ATM card ±54 mm. The handles are a bit thicker ±19.5 mm like the Standards. The 150 has a spring of ±9 mm (the coil looks bigger than CoC), and I saw one on the used section rated at 245 lb (!).

Edited by josé adalton
style
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

I bought a few things from Denis Shmarev/MrStrongHands.com in mid-late 2021.  Mainly hub/block stuff but only this one gripper (https://mrstronghands.com/silarukov_parallel_handgripper).

Note:  I mostly got this parallel/adjustable gripper for the uniqueness factor.  In reality I didn't move the handles past about half an inch in because it was stiffer than expected.

Anyway...had I known then that I wouldn't be possible to purchase or import anything else, I may have considered a full set of grippers.  They do have a cool look...

Silarukov PARALLEL adjustable hand gripper.jpg

On its easiest setting is it possible to budge or close? That thing looks awesome. Seems like a cool alternative to choker grippers for closing power, all rolled up into one adjustable gripper.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jared P said:

On its easiest setting is it possible to budge or close? That thing looks awesome. Seems like a cool alternative to choker grippers for closing power, all rolled up into one adjustable gripper.

Yeah. We have rated a few of these in multiple places. Set to the easiest (handle even with end of spring at the bottom of the handle) they are about 150 lbs. Like anything else they vary. You can adjust them up to about 200 lbs. The problem is that as you move the handles higher, more and more spring leg protrudes past the handle. There comes a point where those spring ends touch before the handles are closed. Also, the closer you get to the single curve, the more likely closing the gripper will result in actually bending the spring rather than it acting like a spring.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jared P said:

I did my own "experiment" today and posted a video to my workout log.

For what it's worth...I thought my particular parallel gripper (with the depth as shown above) felt like my filed #2 CoC (rated at 108).

Only way to know for sure is to send it to @Cannon though...

• Like 1