CoC Grippers - unidentified generation with rounded bevels

Alex K

Hello everyone! :)

I've recently stumbled across an epic CoC#3.5 in great condition from somewhere around the 2010-2012 era. I noticed that it has rounded bevels on the top. Here's an epic B/W pic of it and a pic of the handles:

IMG_4833.thumb.jpg.feff387dbbc892f8ec5bb3cbc6f327f5.jpg21497312_IMG_4849(1).thumb.jpg.3dee4904bc930fc630dfb4bc1b9c436d.jpg

Do you guys know from what exact era it is? I've also seen a few such CoCs being sold on the marketplace, so it should not be a one-off thing. 🤔

• Like 2

Alex,

Here is the timeline of the COC Grippers. I would say the rounding at the top is just a manufacturing spec issue. I will look at my collection when I get home because I have never noticed it before. Your pic has both the engraving on the band and COC on the bottom so at least after 2006.

• Like 2

Hello @eman! First of all thanks for the referenced thread, I couldn't find it for some reason! 

I believe I have figured out the generation of the gripper, it originated from this package:

2012.thumb.jpg.0f7a311f42f4b11d934999c6673a54d0.jpg 

This is the generation of CoCs from 2012 to 2013, judging by numerous cert videos. The most notorious one being the CoC#4 attempt by Ioan Cristian Puscasu. They all seem to have this rounding at the top of the handle. Here's the pic I found online of someone selling his stack:

IMG_4843.thumb.jpg.393577053b8929dde7a84c1ee35afd57.jpg

They all seem to have the exact same rounding as my 3.5 gripper. I've asked a few friends who have unopened ones to check, and it seems that they all came from the same package as shown in the image above :)

• Like 3